Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Peter: We are selling this watch for many many MANY hundreds of pounds off!!!
Kevin: £359 is the book price on this one ...

IW doing it for £259.99. So £100 under book. But hold on, Peter literally JUST said they were selling it for many many MANY hundreds off?!?

Me confused :( I trust everything they say so much, must have been a momentary mix up.

Do you know 1 gram of superduperwuper light-up powder costs £25k? Did you know that?

Who the feck gives a flying feck?!? Are we getting a full grams worth in the watch? No. So it's meaningless.

It's strange that, according to Peter, they could easily have been selling most of the watches tonight for £2k, £3k, £4k … and yet they decided not to.

And who the feck cares if you're 'the first in the world to own'?!? If IW simple have first dibs for two or three weeks before other retailers can sell them, so what? 'Oh, I owned this watch two weeks before anyone else on the planet!' Who the feck cares mate?!?!?

I'll let you into a secret, I would never buy any of these watches at these prices, probably wouldn't accept one as a gift. Far better offerings from Parnis or many more Chinese companies using the same movements for a 1/3 of the price. I've had a few, just for research, & nowt wrong with them. Prefer my Steinharts or C.Wards etc:cool:

I thought we didn't need these high spec, more expensive phones, thought they said on the wileyfox show they were full of features we didn't really need. :unsure:

They seem to really like this TLC phone, but I bet none of them will replace their Iphones with it. When the next Iphone show is on, they'll all be harping on about having an Iphone and how good it is.;)

I'll let you into a secret, I would never buy any of these watches at these prices, probably wouldn't accept one as a gift. Far better offerings from Parnis or many more Chinese companies using the same movements for a 1/3 of the price. I've had a few, just for research, & nowt wrong with them. Prefer my Steinharts or C.Wards etc:cool:

Haven't watched tonight's shows yet, but would agree some good watches to be had at competitive prices from China, I've Parnis, Corgeut, Starking, Reef Tiger and Sea-Gull, of course Sea-gull is a bit dearer but you're getting a better watch IMO.

It dawned me Peter Simon for some reason is probably there Head Presenter.

He gets the big Weekend POTDs gets what they see as the prestiege watch hours, he hardly gets a daytime shift.

If you want a laugh, go to Sally Jacks YouTube channel, and look for one about her camping holiday.

They went on holiday during the storm last week not this, everything got destroyed, and in the middle of the night, she gets stuck in a middle of a field on a portaloo having a number 2

WTF!!!!!!!!
Twenty or so 5* reviews again but all invited except one review who gave 2*

Very limited choice of women's…
Very limited choice of women's clothing, especially in lack of sizes for larger women. Overall the choice of products are not as good as other shopping channels. My niece was unhappy with the condition of the plants that she received. I have stopped shopping with them for a while now., I used to be happy with one plus size clothing brand that was available but it is not there anymore.

I thought Ideal world were supposed to manually invite all reviews but it seems to invite 4/5 stars.
Mind you at this rate it will not take long to get to 2 out of 5 but i am sure Trustpilot don't care as they are getting paid by ideal world.

At least everyone on here knows how bad they are.

How many watches does a person need?

As many as they want. :)

If it' strictly on a needs basis, ie to tell the time, then one, dirt cheap quartz will do that. But same could be said for a lot of things we buy, do we only buy stuff strictly on how many we actually really need for functional use at any give time, is there a need to have multiple hand bags, suits, shoes, ear rings, rings, necklaces, trousers, shirts, tops etc etc.

When collecting watches it's more of a hobby that gives people pleasure, happiness, etc, oh and a good dose of frustration at times. There is also more to the hobby than just buying watches, collectors probably (well I do) spend more on accessories (display cases, straps, bracelets) & tools than the average person would spend on just their watch.

Latest posts

Back