Dire fashion advice!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caroleanne

Registered Shopper
Yet another big no no Sally Jack's is selling tops with various types of frills around the hip area in Miss it Miss out Fashion telling hippy customers it will disguise them That isn't true at all more likely to emphasise it
I sometimes wonder where they get all this so called fashion advice from!!

I haven’t bought fashion from IW for some time but the garments and fabrics are not very different to much of Qs .The difference is the price. More realistic for what you get.

I agree, I bought four viscose vest tops delivered for under £23 (£4.99 each and capped postage of £2.99) and a lovely viscose and cotton floaty top for £9.99 so yes the difference is very much the price.

I’ve bought quite a lot of clothes from IW over the years and have only ever sent one item back. I’ve also bought quite a bit from QVC over the years, but I think that their clothing has gone downhill with regards to style. Maybe the glut of wafty MW “fashion” has put me off. I know what I like and what suits me and it wouldn't be MW.

I also prefer the fact that I have never received a return from IW, the labels are always on the garments, the P&P is often capped and if it isn’t then it is usually cheaper that QVC’s, their customer service reply to emails within a few hours (in my experience) and they process refunds quickly. Oh, and their delivery is often quicker.

Need I go on? 😉

I’ve bought quite a lot of clothes from IW over the years and have only ever sent one item back. I’ve also bought quite a bit from QVC over the years, but I think that their clothing has gone downhill with regards to style. Maybe the glut of wafty MW “fashion” has put me off. I know what I like and what suits me and it wouldn't be MW.

I also prefer the fact that I have never received a return from IW, the labels are always on the garments, the P&P is often capped and if it isn’t then it is usually cheaper that QVC’s, their customer service reply to emails within a few hours (in my experience) and they process refunds quickly. Oh, and their delivery is often quicker.

Need I go on? 😉

I absolutely agree. ❤️ xx

I wasn't complaining about the clothes or the IW customer service just the wrong advice as to what figures certain fashion features suit best
I've also bought lots of clothes over the years and they certainly give Q a run for their money which of late are getting just too pricey well for me at least can't afford £40 plus for a top or a pack of two vest tops!!
Best wishes to everyone in these very trying times x

IW fashion is proper cheap n' cheerful and I've bought a few things over the years..the last being two wrap dresses which had been reduced down to £7.99 each..yup they're pure polyester and make you sweat buckets if the weather's too hot, but they're so flattering on and they wash up well and dry really quickly. Bought a couple of pairs of ponte leggings for under £20 and the quality's not great..a few tiffles have appeared round the waist band and they shrunk in the wash, so now they're 3/4 length..but look better. I now wash them by hand so they don't turn into shorts. Thing I like about IW is they're not trying to pretend they're something they're not...ie designer...like certain other channels I could mention. As I keep saying, my wardrobe's complete for now, so won't be buying from anywhere..but for the price, you can't go wrong with IW fashion!

I don’t take fashion advice from anyone, I wear what I like when I like and that’s it. I do love Ideal World fashion though, the quality, and better still the prices, are my cup of tea 👍😃
Hi,
I also agree with your idea of not taking advice on fashion from anybody. It's we who know ourselves better and everyone knows his requirements of garments, fabric, clothing etc. as per weather and occasion.
I also do not stick to a brand for long. I like Ideal World Fashion but don't follow any fashion blindly and choose what I like to wear.
Thanks

IW fashion is proper cheap n' cheerful and I've bought a few things over the years..the last being two wrap dresses which had been reduced down to £7.99 each..yup they're pure polyester and make you sweat buckets if the weather's too hot, but they're so flattering on and they wash up well and dry really quickly. Bought a couple of pairs of ponte leggings for under £20 and the quality's not great..a few tiffles have appeared round the waist band and they shrunk in the wash, so now they're 3/4 length..but look better. I now wash them by hand so they don't turn into shorts. Thing I like about IW is they're not trying to pretend they're something they're not...ie designer...like certain other channels I could mention. As I keep saying, my wardrobe's complete for now, so won't be buying from anywhere..but for the price, you can't go wrong with IW fashion!

At least the polyester isn’t £50-£100 that QVC charge for theirs. 😂

I bought from IW four pair of the most gorgeous Anamor, I want to say jeggings but they’re quite thick for jeggings/leggings and a nicer fit in navy blue, they have an inset bit at the bottom in navy but a different material to the rest of the trousers, for lounging around the house but when they arrived they looked so stylish and the quality was amazing for £3.99, even the husband said they’re too nice to wear around the house and he’s right so I put them away for those days out to the supermarket and babysitting the grandkiddies.

Oh I have those dresses I think. Kasara brand I believe. I also have 2 of the glitzier versions at £9.99 each.

In fact I lied about the price of the dresses, I think I actually paid £4.99 each. I remember now that they were down to a tenner each, and I liked them but couldn't make up my mind whether to choose the green and white or blue and white, then they went down again, then again and when I saw them at £4.99 I treated myself to both. It really doesn't matter about the label in the back, that's not what people see. QVC prices are ridiculous!

Yet another big no no Sally Jack's is selling tops with various types of frills around the hip area in Miss it Miss out Fashion telling hippy customers it will disguise them That isn't true at all more likely to emphasise it
I sometimes wonder where they get all this so called fashion advice from!!
Careful! I've heard from the inside she's a bit of nightmare to disagree with! 🙈

Careful! I've heard from the inside she's a bit of nightmare to disagree with! 🙈

She must be the Queen Julia Roberts of IW. To be honest they can be what they want on screen, off screen I don’t give a shine-a-light because I personally do the majority of my shopping on their website, so as long as they keep on with the good prices, I’ll keep buying 👍😃

Latest posts

Back