Gary Cockerill

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Can't say I've ever heard of him Lynn, but I've just Googled him and he does actually look familiar for some reason though?

I’ve never heard of him either. He looks like a member of a boy band, and yes, the make up looks very Charlotte Tilbury. Had there been a bargain lip gloss trio or whatever I would have been in there, but there isn’t.

Oh. My. God. Yes I have then seen him on her ITV2 reality show because he was onscreen on that, although you never see the make up artists on TOWIE. Car crash TV at its best. Well that isn’t much of a recommendation is it?

I have an idea he is the makeup artist to Katie Price and TOWIE people.

Funny you mention Charlotte Tilbury as she copied her eyeshadows etc from Tom Ford who she worked with before starting her own range.

And no I am not buying.
Katie Price and Towie - That alone would put me off even if he was giving it away with £10 notes attached.

I have never seen TOWIE in my life so I just used it as an example but those sort of reality people he works on.

I can find nothing about his actual makeup but seems he had a book out.

This article is from 2015

Last edited:

Thanks 😊 I’m going to be watching out of curiosity 😄

I will say one name as a warning.

Jay Manuel celebrity makeup artist in Hollywood.

How well did his range go? Weird lighting etc.

I always like to read reviews of products and he does not have any so his he launching on QVC only?

Here is his makeup range available it seems only from his site. Again no reviews.

I will say one name as a warning.

Jay Manuel celebrity makeup artist in Hollywood.

How well did his range go? Weird lighting etc.

I always like to read reviews of products and he does not have any so his he launching on QVC only?

Here is his makeup range available it seems only from his site. Again no reviews.

I had, no wished, prayed, fasted and anything else that nobody would mention Jay M makeup. I think that remains the worse event on Q or television I've ever witnessed. The fake lighting, there was a blue eye shadow that was very much 1970s. Please please not a repeat of that. Not even close.

If you are the same Donna I chat to on FB sometimes I might have to have strong words with you.

Meanwhile I'm off to my quiet room until the show is over, the stock is sold out and it is long forgotten about.

By the way, when AY did mention the brand Jay M stupid fakey trickery light was my first thought. The blue eyeshadow has burned on my retinas and will be one of the last thing to leave my body.

Off to my dark quiet place. Need the extra strength medication now.

The Jay Manuel lighting was hysterical. So ****** bright you couldn’t see the flaming make up properly. But they don’t use it for other brands so one can only assume it was done at Mr. Manuel’s insistence. What a plonker! 😃

We'll be getting slug eyebrows next - not a good look on anyone, let alone us lot in our vintage years. Can you imagine 🤭

I was never a fan of the over plucked eyebrows of the 1970's, then after that, your eyebrows were "just there" and so long as they didn't meet in the middle then we were good to go. Drawn/painted on eyebrows were only even seen on old ladies - My aunty Phyllis for one. Nowadays the bigger, the blacker and the more slug like the better, they look ridiculous most of the time and there's no sign of them ever going away!

There is a video up of a woman applying the foundation/concealer. First, she used a brush then blends with a sponge and it looks too heavy and shiny. I will say finding your correct shade is going to be interesting.

Latest posts

Back