Doll10 TSV 26/09/20

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I answered the door to our Hermes courier & he took a photo as proof of delivery, thank goodness it was from the neck down.
What?? I find that really intrusive. Did he ask first? Actually, I had heard Amazon do this but I’ve never experienced it. I did notice a few weeks ago, however, when I looked at the Hermes tracking for a delivery which had been made earlier while I was at the shop, that they had put up a photo of the box on the other side of my garden gate (taken through the bars). I thought that was a good idea.

What?? I find that really intrusive. Did he ask first? Actually, I had heard Amazon do this but I’ve never experienced it. I did notice a few weeks ago, however, when I looked at the Hermes tracking for a delivery which had been made earlier while I was at the shop, that they had put up a photo of the box on the other side of my garden gate (taken through the bars). I thought that was a good idea.
He did ask first & I was taking a parcel for myself & my neighbour. He‘s a really pleasant guy.

I don’t bother with make-up now, only a touch of foundation when we get our Click and Collect shop, well you’ve got to make the effort haven’t you 🥱 rest of the time my face feels naked, like it can breath and a lot fresher.

If I know I'm not going out and there's no chance of seeing anyone all day, I don't bother putting make-up on or doing anything with my hair either. It saves me a good 30-40 minutes and feels like I'm doing my skin a favour as shopperholic says but I somehow feel a bit "vulnerable" (if that's the right word). I'm with Silver Fox in a way as making an effort and putting even a little on does make me feel things are more normal (until I put the radio on!). I have always put make-up on if I'm going anywhere, including to get a loaf from Lidl! It's not vanity, it's insecurity. Even when I fetch the bins in, I put a bit of eyeliner or something on in case a neighbour walks by as I wouldn't want to alarm them! And if there's the remotest chance of a delivery, I wear at least a little make-up too, although I very often just put a note on the door to leave parcels through the side gate so I don't have to answer the door. Having heard about llloyd's 'photographer', I'll definitely be keeping this policy up for the foreseeable.

Someone did that at my place the other week. I think it may have been DPD. Anyway he got a lovely shot of me on crutches in a big boot! I don’t think the camera was aimed at my face, more at the parcel on the carpet, next to the boot! I don’t think he asked. I know one of the firms used to take a photo of the door rather than the owner.

Someone did that at my place the other week. I think it may have been DPD. Anyway he got a lovely shot of me on crutches in a big boot! I don’t think the camera was aimed at my face, more at the parcel on the carpet, next to the boot! I don’t think he asked. I know one of the firms used to take a photo of the door rather than the owner.
Yes, I was returning from the shops ages ago (last year?) when I saw the Amazon guy taking a photo of my front door. When I walked up, he didn’t try to take one of me though or I would have run off!

I think I look ok without make up (photographs wouldn't agree) but I'm not at all photogenic anyway so it doesn't make any difference. I've always been in the habit of wearing make up to work, and in the past when I've decided not to wear any, people have asked whether I'm ok, and that I look a bit "peaky" so I've had to continue. I always wear it on a day or night out ..and getting ready's half the fun isn't it? I know quite a few people who don't wear it, and when they occasionally do, they don't look any better for it. So days off and holidays I don't wear it and otherwise, I couldn't care less who saw me without it. I like to give my skin a breather, from both the make up and the make up remover. I also find that the warmer weather works wonders for my complexion so like to keep a bare face, and there's always sunglasses and a mask if you're feeling a bit vulnerable!

I had a delivery weeks ago when he was just about to take the photo I answered the door & asked him if he wanted me in the shot! No wonder he gave me a disgusted look!

I just noticed the TSV date on this thread is 26th. I ordered mine yesterday, 22nd. So this has gone on sale very early hasn’t it? About like the Elemis Xmas one! I wonder why there is so much stock...... glut of lipsticks in warehouse because of Covid as said above I guess. Well I wore my lipgloss to the hospital even if much of it did end up in the mask!

This is standard practice for Hermes and DPD now given they cannot get customers to sign.

Latest posts

Back