Stockpiling...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Our daughter-in-law is having her caesarean today with little Rose making her debut in the world, a little sister for (almost four year old) Haydn, it’s going to be scary for her though, our son can only drop her off so she has to go through it all alone, then he waits for a call to go and see his new daughter. I feel sorry for them it’s an absolutely scary time anyway, but to have this on top I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through, they’ve got infinite love and support all around them, so we’ll do all we can 🥰...........This is the first little girl on our side of the family and we’re all so excited 👏👏❤❤
I hope all goes well today but it is such a shame hubby can’t be there to welcome his daughter. We haven’t been able to meet our new great grandson yet he was born in May but they live quite a distance from us so only Grandparents have been able to visit.

Our daughter-in-law is having her caesarean today with little Rose making her debut in the world, a little sister for (almost four year old) Haydn, it’s going to be scary for her though, our son can only drop her off so she has to go through it all alone, then he waits for a call to go and see his new daughter. I feel sorry for them it’s an absolutely scary time anyway, but to have this on top I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through, they’ve got infinite love and support all around them, so we’ll do all we can 🥰...........This is the first little girl on our side of the family and we’re all so excited 👏👏❤❤
That`s so hard for her Shopp and here`s hoping baby comes into the World without a hitch. I bet you`re so excited at the first girl in the family, I know I was. I had 3 sons, no daughters and when my first grand daughter was born I was over the moon.
Hospital patients have it tough at the moment. My youngest son`s partner was rushed in around 2 weeks ago and it turned out she had viral meningitis. He wasn`t allowed to visit her and she was depressed, lonely, ill and it took several goes for them to get a successful lumbar puncture so she was sore as well and then to top it all she contracted C Diff so was put into isolation and it also delayed her being discharged. When they finally said she could go home after 9 days in hospital she was discharged at 11am but didn`t get to leave until 7pm because she had to wait for her meds to be delivered to her from the hospital pharmacy.

Hope the baby arrives safe and well and mum is OK too. It can't be fun for anyone that's ill or in hospital at the moment and all their loved ones worrying about them and not being able to visit. I'm not putting the news on at all today as it's getting me down. I'm not putting QVC on either as when I'm down I spend money on complete rubbish :rolleyes:

CC

I hope all goes well today but it is such a shame hubby can’t be there to welcome his daughter. We haven’t been able to meet our new great grandson yet he was born in May but they live quite a distance from us so only Grandparents have been able to visit.

Aw thank you Betty, I’m not sure when we’ll see her, they’re FaceTimeing this evening 🥰
Hope you get to see your grandson soon ❤️ xx

That`s so hard for her Shopp and here`s hoping baby comes into the World without a hitch. I bet you`re so excited at the first girl in the family, I know I was. I had 3 sons, no daughters and when my first grand daughter was born I was over the moon.
Hospital patients have it tough at the moment. My youngest son`s partner was rushed in around 2 weeks ago and it turned out she had viral meningitis. He wasn`t allowed to visit her and she was depressed, lonely, ill and it took several goes for them to get a successful lumbar puncture so she was sore as well and then to top it all she contracted C Diff so was put into isolation and it also delayed her being discharged. When they finally said she could go home after 9 days in hospital she was discharged at 11am but didn`t get to leave until 7pm because she had to wait for her meds to be delivered to her from the hospital pharmacy.

Aw V that’s awful, hope she’s well on the road to recovery 🙏 yeah trying times indeed. Thanks for your kind words love. ❤️ xx

Hope the baby arrives safe and well and mum is OK too. It can't be fun for anyone that's ill or in hospital at the moment and all their loved ones worrying about them and not being able to visit. I'm not putting the news on at all today as it's getting me down. I'm not putting QVC on either as when I'm down I spend money on complete rubbish :rolleyes:

CC

Thanks CC, that’s very kind 🥰 aw hope you’re ok, I know what you mean though I’m not having the news on either, just channel hopped on QVC and bugger! Biagi is there screaming his cheesy head off, as if things couldn’t get any worse. 😂😂😂 ❤️xx

Shopps... I hope all goes well today and Betty..... I hope you get to see the new arrival soon.

I had to go for a bone scan yesterday (goodness knows why) and it exhausted me! And alienated the ingrown toe nail which decided to play up after a couple of quiet days. But it is better today, touch wood, after a sound sleep.

I get my groceries through my neighbour’s Ocado order and yesterday told her to nab me a pack of 24 loo rolls! Largest was 16 but hopefully they are in the basket for next week. I looked on Ocado yesterday and there were no slots for my post code. She has a Pass so can book further ahead. 😡 I may now have to browse our index and see what other TSVs are coming up! I seem to have gone into spend, spend, spend mode! 😨

Shopps... I hope all goes well today and Betty..... I hope you get to see the new arrival soon.

I had to go for a bone scan yesterday (goodness knows why) and it exhausted me! And alienated the ingrown toe nail which decided to play up after a couple of quiet days. But it is better today, touch wood, after a sound sleep.

I get my groceries through my neighbour’s Ocado order and yesterday told her to nab me a pack of 24 loo rolls! Largest was 16 but hopefully they are in the basket for next week. I looked on Ocado yesterday and there were no slots for my post code. She has a Pass so can book further ahead. 😡 I may now have to browse our index and see what other TSVs are coming up! I seem to have gone into spend, spend, spend mode! 😨

Thanks Mazza, hope you’re feeling a lot better. I suppose we can all cope with most things but worrying about stockpiling again is something we can all do without, that’s what got me the most last time and here we are again. Look after yourself ❤️xx

Awww! Congratulations in advance for this lovely event. It will be a memorable event in either case. I hope all goes well for your DIL.

Awww! Congratulations in advance for this lovely event. It will be a memorable event in either case. I hope all goes well for your DIL.

Thanks May 🥰 yeah it’s a good day today, scary times though hey, but thanks again love ❤️ xx

Hope all goes well today for your DIL and baby Rosie - how exciting for you all. Bugga about the restrictions being imposed, sometimes without too much thought, on your Son...

Aw thanks Lilo. 🥰 that’s so sweet and kind, yeah it’s sooooo exciting ❤️ 🙏 thanks again lovely ❤️ xx

All the very best for your lovely family 💞
Whatever is going on it’s delightful to have a new little sweetie coming into the world 🍼 👶:love:

Aw thanks DG 😘🥰 yeah you’re right it is delightful, she’s no idea how excited we all are waiting to meet her, this little bundle of joy 👏👏👏👏🥰🥰🥰🥰 thanks love for your kind thoughts. ❤xx
Please keep us informed Grandma 👵:)
Looks like nature and animals are in fashion lots of new goodies here ;)

Last edited:
Please keep us informed Grandma 👵:)
Looks like nature and animals are in fashion lots of new goodies here ;)

Aw they’re absolutely gorgeous 🥰🥰🥰. She went down about half one, so Rose is probably here with us now 👏👏👏👏 she’s got the most beautiful bedroom to go home too ❤ Our son is ringing when she’s on the ward and they’re FaceTiming everyone later. ❤ xx

She certainly will be a joy 🤩 no one will forget her birth year.💓

Yeah Lynn isn’t that true, lockdown-ish or should that be restriction baby 🥰🥰🥰 thanks lovely ❤️ xx

These are good times to be celebrated.I am not a grandma but it must be a real time for celebration and enjoy! We have restrictions now again but myself, a single no family & had a bereavement earlier this year and my lovely neighbour, a widow with family keep each other on the UP! We concentrate on our good lives, but have had to dig deep at times because the big black hole is lurking but we ain’t going there.These little ones entering to world surrounded with love will have their trials but bring then up to have resilience, a very valuable attribute!

These are good times to be celebrated.I am not a grandma but it must be a real time for celebration and enjoy! We have restrictions now again but myself, a single no family & had a bereavement earlier this year and my lovely neighbour, a widow with family keep each other on the UP! We concentrate on our good lives, but have had to dig deep at times because the big black hole is lurking but we ain’t going there.These little ones entering to world surrounded with love will have their trials but bring then up to have resilience, a very valuable attribute!

Sorry to hear of your bereavement, and yes you’re right resilience is a great attribute. ❤️ xx

Sorry to hear of your bereavement, and yes you’re right resilience is a great attribute. ❤ xx
Thankyou Shopperholic, you sometimes have to reflect on the positives not the negatives. I am fortunate that I have resilience to do that. Some people would have been dragged under, a bereavement is enough but I have had other situations to deal with.Not easy but my life is worth rising above that.SFXX

Thankyou Shopperholic, you sometimes have to reflect on the positives not the negatives. I am fortunate that I have resilience to do that. Some people would have been dragged under, a bereavement is enough but I have had other situations to deal with.Not easy but my life is worth rising above that.SFXX

Aw best to stay as strong and as positive as you can, helps get you through life I suppose and hope whatever you’re going through gets easier for you ❤️ xx

She’s here!! 👏👏👏👏 beautiful Rose, we’ve fell in love with her she’s absolutely gorgeous ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you to everyone, all my Forum buddies who gave their warmest wishes, thank you, you’re amazing and I’m so pleased I’ve got you as my buddies, love you all dearly ❤️ Xxx

She’s here!! 👏👏👏👏 beautiful Rose, we’ve fell in love with her she’s absolutely gorgeous ❤❤❤

Thank you to everyone, all my Forum buddies who gave their warmest wishes, thank you, you’re amazing and I’m so pleased I’ve got you as my buddies, love you all dearly ❤ Xxx
A huge congratulations to you and your family. A new baby is a wonderful blessing for everybody and a ray of sunshine in everybody`s lives. She is blissfully unaware of lockdowns, covid, toilet paper shortages and everything else we`re coping with this year and there`s one shortage she`ll never suffer from is a shortage of love. Her cup will runneth over as they say in the Bible.

She’s here!! 👏👏👏👏 beautiful Rose, we’ve fell in love with her she’s absolutely gorgeous ❤❤❤

Thank you to everyone, all my Forum buddies who gave their warmest wishes, thank you, you’re amazing and I’m so pleased I’ve got you as my buddies, love you all dearly ❤ Xxx
Congratulations! So good to hear joyous news. Enjoy every minute 👏🤗

Latest posts

Back