Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

GOLLUM is shilling Nubeo monstrosities.

He has totally filthy fingernails and scabby cuticles.

It kinda shows that they really don’t give a toss about their Customers, they can’t even be arsed preparing a proper presentation

Imagine going in Beaverbrooks and the Assistant looked and sounded like him?

Then again, I don’t think that they sell Nubeo (n)

The usual " The price must be wrong, someone upstairs has made a mistake" I must try and buy one rubbish from MM and the even more ott rrp:rolleyes: I've just added to my collection, a well know British brand watch, COSC certified Swiss movement for less than some of these rrp Nubeo things, meteor or not. I'm sure Hammy has similar views.
BTW, is everyone's favourite entertainer Peter Simon on sabbatical?

The usual " The price must be wrong, someone upstairs has made a mistake" I must try and buy one rubbish from MM and the even more ott rrp:rolleyes: I've just added to my collection, a well know British brand watch, COSC certified Swiss movement for less than some of these rrp Nubeo things, meteor or not. I'm sure Hammy has similar views.
BTW, is everyone's favourite entertainer Peter Simon on sabbatical?

Yeah, feel exactly the same.

Been looking at couple myself tonight, although haven't decided which one yet, really taken a liking to the Chris Ward C60 blue sapphire and the new Certina DS PH200 blue, but buying a watch doesn't half cheer you up during these depressing times. :)

See Clawley saying he is going to buy one of the watches tonight, bit strange the Sales Director of the company (Dartmouth brands) that distributes the Nubeo brand for their parent company Solar Time (Hong Kong), would actually need to buy one, you would think he could get one without paying, they must have heaps of these watches spare, which they hand out for free, for display purposes, youtubers and watch bloggers to review, etc etc.

Yeah, feel exactly the same.

Been looking at couple myself tonight, although haven't decided which one yet, really taken a liking to the Chris Ward C60 blue sapphire and the new Certina DS PH200 blue, but buying a watch doesn't half cheer you up during these depressing times. :)

See Clawley saying he is going to buy one of the watches tonight, bit strange the Sales Director of the company (Dartmouth brands) that distributes the Nubeo brand for their parent company Solar Time (Hong Kong), would actually need to buy one, you would think he could get one without paying, they must have heaps of these watches spare, which they hand out for free, for display purposes, youtubers and watch bloggers to review, etc etc.
It's a CW I've bought:cool: C65 Dartmouth from the military collection. Beautiful piece, and a watch worth putting on my household insurance:D

It's a CW I've bought:cool: C65 Dartmouth from the military collection. Beautiful piece, and a watch worth putting on my household insurance:D

Very nice (y), I really like the blue dial one with the vintage oak strap (although they are all nice). And definitely watches worth putting on your insurance. I picked up the C65 Trident GMT with the brushed aluminium bezel in their last sale, really love it. CW make some great looking watches.

Oh they are on about the Complexity, one of their most incredible watches; you know one of the aliexpress watches that have been rebranded and they are charging 4 times the price.

And I noticed one IW top watch collectors, he’s been name dropped a few times, especially by Kevin Reynolds, has done a review on this watch. And this review just sums up that IW watch collectors are really pretty ignorant when it comes to watches.

“This watch is a real stunner on your wrist and looks more expensive than it actually is. It sits on your wrist very nice and can be worn at all times and occasions. For the price its a steal and would fit into anyone's collection”

Yeah, steal is an appropriate word to use with Swan & Edgar, stealing someone else’s design and claiming it as your own is bad enough but charging 4 times the price to boot is pretty bad, ****** crooks.;)

Mason - " James showed me earlier on, he was very proud to show me this watch, he said you really need to take a little look at this mike, and listen I respect James immensely, he really knows his onions."

Just as well he knows about his onions cause he certainly doesn't know about watches, that's for sure.:D
Or history:rolleyes: I'm watching the 9 o'clock show, just as I open a bottle ready to laugh/cry/shout:ROFLMAO:

Or history:rolleyes: I'm watching the 9 o'clock show, just as I open a bottle ready to laugh/cry/shout:ROFLMAO:

I'm missing the first half hour of the 9pm show, but recording it for a laugh later. :)

Btw ended up buying the CW C60 Sapphire, should be here in a few days, that should keep the covid depression at bay for a wee while. :ROFLMAO:

Nice choice(y) This sovereign watch they're showing looks just like a Cadisen on Aliexpress, or a Parnis https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32957535904.html?spm=2114.12010612.8148356.71.7136223eSTCIBs

Yeah, there is a similarity there. I think it's going to be harder to find their watches on ali now, looks like when they originally started most of their watches were just rebranded ali watches, now they seem to be a mix of features, style etc pinched from other watches, so all the features, dials, bezels, case etc you'll find on other ali watches but just not from the same watch, although one could say that's slightly better than simply rebranding an existing watch, it does mean they are ending up with watches that have a real hotch pot and weird look. Just look at their pick of the day, which Peter says "put on your insurance", it's a sports watch, which took two years to develop :ROFLMAO: with a tachymeter, no chronograph & only 3 atm, how in the hell is that a sports watch.

Yeah, there is a similarity there. I think it's going to be harder to find their watches on ali now, looks like when they originally started most of their watches were just rebranded ali watches, now they seem to be a mix of features, style etc pinched from other watches, so all the features, dials, bezels, case etc you'll find on other ali watches but just not from the same watch, although one could say that's slightly better than simply rebranding an existing watch, it does mean they are ending up with watches that have a real hotch pot and weird look. Just look at their pick of the day, which Peter says "put on your insurance", it's a sports watch, which took two years to develop :ROFLMAO: with a tachymeter, no chronograph & only 3 atm, how in the hell is that a sports watch.
And the second hand with the 6 o'clock sub second dial don't match 🤔 quality 👍

Peter keeps saying, just the build, the leather, the accuracy, the precision etc.

Yet when they were showing the Orbiter watch which has a large seconds hand and a small seconds sub dial, they were out of sync by 3 seconds, how's that for accuracy & precision. :ROFLMAO:
You must have posted while I was typing 🤣

You must have posted while I was typing 🤣

Well whatever questionable claims IW make about these watches, as to quality, accuracy and precision one thing which is pretty obvious and that is, there is no quality control with Swan & Edgar watches. It's cheap crap brands like Swan & Edgar using inferior Chinese watchmakers using inferior materials etc, that helps give Chinese watchmaking in general a bad rep and the good Chinese watchmakers suffer as a result of that bad reputation inexpensive Chinese watches have.

Oh see Shaun's back for watches, he's liking the Midnight watch, one of his favs, very sporty, tachymeter and diver's bezel, amazing. Just a shame it's only got a 30 mtr water resistance and no chrono, which kinda negates the features it has. :ROFLMAO:

Then we have the Elegance watch, which is called Elegance cause it's "in the namesake of Lawrence Olivier, who dominated the film scene in the UK. It's really a quintessentially elegant British gentleman's watch, and so what i mean by that, it's very understated, very elegant lines and very bold colours".

At 44mm diameter i don't think so. :ROFLMAO:

Latest posts

Back