Today I bought....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oh! no! She would have that tipped over. She has a thing of water, I have turned on the cold tap to just a little trickle but she just plays with it. She will drink out of my glass of water and then tips it over. Sits on the edge of the bath when I am in it and plays with the water. I empty the bath and she goes and sits in the bath when it is still damp.

A friend's boy Aflie would only drink out of the water tap, she had to leave it on with just a trickle of water running.

Can anyone who's done auto delivery before tell me whether the orders tend to come earlier than expected? As many of you may know I ordered the Harry Slatkin candle set back in September, and immediately after placing the order, decided I wanted the 90 day auto delivery. Because I had made 2 separate transactions (all be it on the same day), they took all the money immediately £84😲, which I couldn't afford in one hit, cancelled the auto delivery, and got the money returned to my bank account.I spoke to C/S regarding auto delivery and they've said they'll put a note on my account to say they'll honour the tsv price, when the next set comes out. It seems I'll have to order manually, which is a bit of a relief, as I'm not sure I actually want to. It seems crazy to spend £84 on candles, but as I said before, the only thing thats tempting me to go through with it, is that there's one in the 2nd set that would be absolutely perfect for my friend's christmas pressie. It's in green glass (which she loves) and the scent sounds exactly the sort of thing she likes.
I've worked out that the candle should be available around about Dec 23rd, which tbh is a little bit late to be able to get it to her before xmas, so I'm tempted to say sod it and buy her something else that isn't gonna be such a pain in the pocket! Obvs I get to keep the other two candles, but I'm already struggling to find uses for the empty jars for the ones I've already got..far too lovely to discard, and a bit of a waste to donate, but I'll probably end up doing that.
If they're likely to arrive end Nov/beginning of Dec, then still a chance I'll order them. What are your experiences with auto delivery folks?

Can anyone who's done auto delivery before tell me whether the orders tend to come earlier than expected? As many of you may know I ordered the Harry Slatkin candle set back in September, and immediately after placing the order, decided I wanted the 90 day auto delivery. Because I had made 2 separate transactions (all be it on the same day), they took all the money immediately £84😲, which I couldn't afford in one hit, cancelled the auto delivery, and got the money returned to my bank account.I spoke to C/S regarding auto delivery and they've said they'll put a note on my account to say they'll honour the tsv price, when the next set comes out. It seems I'll have to order manually, which is a bit of a relief, as I'm not sure I actually want to. It seems crazy to spend £84 on candles, but as I said before, the only thing thats tempting me to go through with it, is that there's one in the 2nd set that would be absolutely perfect for my friend's christmas pressie. It's in green glass (which she loves) and the scent sounds exactly the sort of thing she likes.
I've worked out that the candle should be available around about Dec 23rd, which tbh is a little bit late to be able to get it to her before xmas, so I'm tempted to say sod it and buy her something else that isn't gonna be such a pain in the pocket! Obvs I get to keep the other two candles, but I'm already struggling to find uses for the empty jars for the ones I've already got..far too lovely to discard, and a bit of a waste to donate, but I'll probably end up doing that.
If they're likely to arrive end Nov/beginning of Dec, then still a chance I'll order them. What are your experiences with auto delivery folks?
sell the empties on e bay I sell all sorts of bits n bobs like that you would be surprised what you can get for them

sell the empties on e bay I sell all sorts of bits n bobs like that you would be surprised what you can get for them
Thanks for the suggestion Boffy..but I'm far too lazy for that! I wouldn't even know where to start and tbh I don't think I could be bothered will all the work and potential hassle...but great idea for those who aren't so lazy!

Belatedly reporting 2 other purchases I made on Saturday: a case for my iPad for when it gets here (it's been dispatched), and a plug with 3 usb ports on it, so I don't use up all my sockets to charge my devices.

Today, inspired by Shopperholic on another thread, I checked out the Bearpaw blockbuster, but found a higher boot on Debenhams that should fit my extra thick calves. So they are hopefully on their way...

Oh! no! She would have that tipped over. She has a thing of water, I have turned on the cold tap to just a little trickle but she just plays with it. She will drink out of my glass of water and then tips it over. Sits on the edge of the bath when I am in it and plays with the water. I empty the bath and she goes and sits in the bath when it is still damp.

A friend's boy Aflie would only drink out of the water tap, she had to leave it on with just a trickle of water running.

Cato (as of Clueso) would have run & hidden from a fountain drinker, I suspect. Once, friends wee rabbit was running about the kitchen & she was scared! Wussy Cat!

I've snapped up a few Caudalie items at very low prices:

Nourishing oil The des Vignes 50ml for 75p plus £2.95 postage
Cleansing Oil Duo (2 x 100ml) @ £2.70 plus postage
75ml Glycolic peel £1.90 plus postage.

Now, there's an argument for saying the postage being more than the purchase price is crazy, but I always factor in the postage in assessing a deal and these were too good to miss! All have arrived so I'm a very happy bunny!

It's well worth checking the QVC Clearance pages, and I'm glad they're finally trying to shift some of the beauty clearance before is turns rancid. Maybe they will do the same for all their clearance: chips away at the price more quickly than they currently do. I've noticed a few <£5 fashion items, but nothing that I fancied.

My joy would be complete if they would remove sold-out clearance items faster than they currently do, just to save clicking time on items no longer in stock! (Definitely a First World problem! 🤭).

I'll be in my bathroom playing with my bargains....

Couple of months ago I was checking my bank account online and there was a pending payment of about £75 that I couldn't account for.

I phoned my bank who checked and told me QVC had but a hold on the money.

I phoned CS and they told me it was an auto delivery (I had completely forgotten about it) but the the CS person said we are having trouble getting the stock and did I still want it?

Thankfully having QVC getting their greedy mitts on £75 my cash when they didn't have the stock didn't cause me a financial problem and I did want the product as it was for my sister.

It turned up two weeks late.

Couple of months ago I was checking my bank account online and there was a pending payment of about £75 that I couldn't account for.

I phoned my bank who checked and told me QVC had but a hold on the money.

I phoned CS and they told me it was an auto delivery (I had completely forgotten about it) but the the CS person said we are having trouble getting the stock and did I still want it?

Thankfully having QVC getting their greedy mitts on £75 my cash when they didn't have the stock didn't cause me a financial problem and I did want the product as it was for my sister.

It turned up two weeks late.
Any company worth their salt would send reminders a week or so before money was due out for this kind of thing. I'm not referring to the likes of Klarna etc because you know you're signing up for 3 equal payments made over 3 consecutive months...but with a three month gap between payments, then yes, there's scope for forgetfulness. I've been burned a couple of times recently with their unpredictability. I've decided 100% that I'm not going to take them up on the Harry Slatkin deal that I cancelled before, and this should be ok as they've just said they've put a note on my account and if I place an order I'll still get the auto delivery price...However, I'm not convinced that they won't just take the money anyway and send the goods. I flippin' hope not as it will cost an arm and a leg to send a parcel of that weight back, so I'll be better off keeping them. As much as I love the candles...I don't need any more, despite there being one my friend would've loved...I've now bought her something else for xmas which will work out a hell of a lot cheaper. My catalogue, like qvc has a my account section which one can log into and check whenever you want, however, they always send emails to tell you when your payment is due, the don't just rely upon the customer remembering. I enjoy watching qvc, very occassionally there's something worth buying..but as a company I really don't like them.

Any company worth their salt would send reminders a week or so before money was due out for this kind of thing. I'm not referring to the likes of Klarna etc because you know you're signing up for 3 equal payments made over 3 consecutive months...but with a three month gap between payments, then yes, there's scope for forgetfulness. I've been burned a couple of times recently with their unpredictability. I've decided 100% that I'm not going to take them up on the Harry Slatkin deal that I cancelled before, and this should be ok as they've just said they've put a note on my account and if I place an order I'll still get the auto delivery price...However, I'm not convinced that they won't just take the money anyway and send the goods. I flippin' hope not as it will cost an arm and a leg to send a parcel of that weight back, so I'll be better off keeping them. As much as I love the candles...I don't need any more, despite there being one my friend would've loved...I've now bought her something else for xmas which will work out a hell of a lot cheaper. My catalogue, like qvc has a my account section which one can log into and check whenever you want, however, they always send emails to tell you when your payment is due, the don't just rely upon the customer remembering. I enjoy watching qvc, very occassionally there's something worth buying..but as a company I really don't like them.
Send them an email confirming you are cancelling any further delivery of the item under DSR and keep a screenshot or copy, then if they do turn up you can use it as leverage to get them to pay for the return.

Don't like to boast (but I'm going to anyway) ...

I suspect a lot of people will have rethinks about travelling over Christmas and as a result a lot of presents will be in the post, so my wrapped presents were all posted off yesterday at huge expense, it has to be said, but still, they've gone and won't be held up in any logjam. No more Christmas buying here.

I’ve finished my Christmas shopping although I’ve yet to wrap them. I’ve only got two things to post as the others can be handed to the recipients or put on the doorstep while l leap back 2 metres. 🙄 The two that I’m posting will be sent “tracked and signed for.” I’ve used that option for presents since the first lockdown and everything has been safely delivered the following day.

I wonder if Amazon are gearing up for Christmas already because three of the items that I ordered arrived well before the date on the tracking information.

I took the risk of buying a jumper from Q. It was on "clearance" so I wasn't sure what to expect. It is lovely, and very cosy, no dodgy smells or anything. That doesn't mean I will completely lose my head, although finding alternatives to getting dressed then putting my dressing gown on are definitely a priority. I don't want to whack up my heating if I can keep just me warm.

Latest posts

Back