Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun asked about guarantee earlier

Miss Precision with the usual garbage - "the manufacturer are wonderful, based in America, they give you a two year international guarantee."

Heritor is NOT the manufacturer.

and as for wearing in 50 years time, well unless it's got some very special sentimental value (won't have any monetary value), no way will you be paying for servicing to keep it going in 50 years time, cheaper just getting a new watch.

Emma on the earlier show - "One of the hottest brands in the UK at the moment"

She lives in cloud cuckoo land. :ROFLMAO:
I've noticed selly telly doing this more and more i.e. referring to the 'brands' they sell. It makes me chuckle when the 'brand' is one that's mostly (or only) sold on selly telly. Yeah, hot brands right enough ... not!

Reminds me of the scene on The Office when David Brent walks in wearing a tan leather jacket, trying to emulate the other boss who's also wearing a tan leather jacket. The scene goes something like this:

Other Boss: 'Nice jacket' (referring to David Brent's jacket)
Brent: 'Whatever'
Other Boss: 'Looks like mine'
Brent: 'What make's yours?'
Other Boss: 'Armani'
Brent: 'Expensive'
Other Boss: 'And yours?'
Brent: 'Sergio Georgini'

Well we had Shona, just a presenter on a show this morning, and it’s just astounding just how much praise, homage, hyperbowl etc you can heap on a Duvet, it's a Duvet for christ sake. :rolleyes:
Of course she was joined by Alex Knowles, so we had two Interiors Experts with a combined experience of 2 years on IW to qualify as experts. I don’t think Shona was too happy with the new kid on the block taking her place as the Interiors Expert on the show though, kept adding her tuppence worth.

Oh Shrek got his usual mention, and it’s quite funny, how Shona does all the faux surprised reactions at being told the story of how he survived 7 years on his own etc, when it’s usually her in the other chair telling the story.
Of course once the guy had finished the story, Shona added he became a national icon in New Zealand after it happened, so Shona you actually know the story, so why all the faux dramatised surprise?:unsure:

Actors, they must really think the viewers are stupid and gullible, oh wait they’re probably right when it comes to IW customers.:eek::whistle::ROFLMAO:

This is only some snippets from the first 10 minutes of the show, gave up at that point, but just how much more obver the top crap can you say in selling a duvet.

Because of Covid make your home special
Because of Covid make your home the best it can be
Safe Sanctuary in Your Bedroom
Luxury Item
Stunning x 2
Gorgeous
Gorgeous Boutique Hotel Look
Absolute Best
Absolutely Stunning
Amazing x 3
Brilliant
Beautiful x 4
Utterly Beautiful
Beautifully Cool
Beautiful Frame
Beautifully Packaged x 2
Feels wonderful
Great Properties
Incredible x 3
Lovely & Snuggly
Lovely Detail
Lovely Bag
Most Perfect Natural products
Mother Nature at Absolute Best
Opulence x 2
Perfection
Perfect marriage x 3
Perfect Hybrid
Perfect Gift
This Opulence
Beautiful Opulence
Opulent Drape
So Excited x 2
Soft wonderful Wool
Total and Utter Luxury
Wonderful Silk
Wonderful Loft
Wonderful Look
Top luxury
This Luxury
Incredibly Practical x 2
Beautifully Warm
Incredibly Cool
Incredibly Well Revued
Lovely gift
Lovely x 2
Unbelievable Prices
Most Amazing prices
Incredible Savings
Amazing Savings

Imagine how shocked we'll all be, when an IW presenter sells a product without the hyperbowl. :ROFLMAO:

Everything's 'packed with technology' these days, gets on my wick! Ok, strictly speaking, I know all products have at least one piece of technology, however the way they talk about mattresses and even more so pillows does my nut!

Everything's 'packed with technology' these days, gets on my wick! Ok, strictly speaking, I know all products have at least one piece of technology, however the way they talk about mattresses and even more so pillows does my nut!

"Amazing" is a word that's doing my nut, everything is amazing, even bog standard stuff is amazing. Just now, Jack the messy chef, takes tray out of the mini oven, and Shona screams out AMAZING, it some burgers with cheese melted on top, how amazing is that. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Surely they must have friends & family that tell them that they sound like a right bunch of prats spouting this amazing, incredible, stupendous, stunning etc nonsense. :unsure:

"Amazing" is a word that's doing my nut, everything is amazing, even bog standard stuff is amazing. Just now, Jack the messy chef, takes tray out of the mini oven, and Shona screams out AMAZING, it some burgers with cheese melted on top, how amazing is that. :rolleyes: :ROFLMAO:
Surely they must have friends & family that tell them that they sound like a right bunch of prats spouting this amazing, incredible, stupendous, stunning etc nonsense. :unsure:
I largely agree with you however there's one exception.

Thermostats ... now they ARE amazing!!! :)

All i can say is, thank god for the amazing Sally jacks, what a fountain of useless information she is, it's amazing how devoted she is to share and educate us all with an endless stream irrelevant trivia. After months of sleepless night due to the anxiety of not knowing, I can finally sleep well tonight knowing, not only the many amazing health benefits of all the amazing products IW sell, but more importantly, what style of coats Kate Middleton would have worn in 2010 and then again in 2020.

And credit where credit is due, those amazing models who are not slow in sharing their unbiased tuppence worth with us.👏

A lovely underpants show on at present, featuring the man growing his back hair down to the floor, and an orange coloured male modell...who appears to have placed a punnet of seedless grapes down his pants...er...trunks. He has also been given a very large stick mike to provide a running commentary on how tight his drawers are. If only they could take the one away from the bloke with the greasy mullet, that would be Ideal..

"Come on Girls, set your videos," the Stan Butler body double shouts. "You don't get many of these to the pound..." "Eel and whelks for tea." 1972 is alive and kicking.

I am not sure Calvin Klein's pants half hours sit very well with me. I only tuned in for the iPhone show and now I feel extremely unwell.

A lovely underpants show on at present, featuring the man growing his back hair down to the floor, and an orange coloured male modell...who appears to have placed a punnet of seedless grapes down his pants...er...trunks. He has also been given a very large stick mike to provide a running commentary on how tight his drawers are. If only they could take the one away from the bloke with the greasy mullet, that would be Ideal..

"Come on Girls, set your videos," the Stan Butler body double shouts. "You don't get many of these to the pound..." 1972 is alive and kicking.

I am not sure Calvin Klein's pants half hours sit very well with me. I only tuned in for the iPhone show and now I feel extremely unwell.

eew, just eew!

Yeah but according to the amazing Peter V, only if they are fitted to an amazing, "in every new build", ceramic heater. ;):D
You're not going to believe this ...

billboard.jpg

This tea show is unreal (in a bad way)

Paul Becque seems massively hyped up keeps talking over the guest who is stuttering and talking way too fast

The show started brilliantly with Paul saying sorry I can't shake your hand the guest said don't matter and backed away

This is pitiful

Latest posts

Back