Things ain't looking good......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We've got a Sainsburys - and that's as upmarket as we get here. I remember when it first opened they obviously thought we could do with a bit of posh but the locals were shocked at their prices and boycotted them for ages till they brought their prices down and brought in cheaper lines. The store was nearly empty till then so they've done well to survive. Waitrose - don't even think about it.

We don't have Waitrose in N.I. The Coop has always been and I quote a dear hole! We no longer have a large Coop and they are very limited in what you can buy. Even their own staff do their big shops in Tesco as not enough choice in their own shop. The nearest supermarket to me is Sainsbury's and the prices about the same as Tesco the latter which is up the carriageway with the bus only once an hour. Dunnes an Irish store chain have offers but more geared to bigger family no good for me as its all big multi-buys like 6 tins of beans etc.

There is an Asda but you need someone with a car as they are in Dundonald which is a country bus. We have Lidl but that is a two-bus journey to get too.

I do buy in M&S food hall.

We have Booths too. I noticed an employee reducing items on Saturday and got two delicious coffee Renoir’s for just over £1!
They are delicious. I was lucky enough to have grandparents who were happy to have me stay with them on a very regular basis! My grandmother would treat me to tea at The Midland Hotel in Birmingham & we would have incredibly hot tea, dainty sandwiches & then share one of these gorgeous cakes. I can see her now putting her head on one side & saying "Shall we have tea & cake?". We'd get ready & walk to the bus stop on Hagley road to get the number 9 into the city, more than 50 years later I still love travelling along that road & still love those cakes ❤️

They are delicious. I was lucky enough to have grandparents who were happy to have me stay with them on a very regular basis! My grandmother would treat me to tea at The Midland Hotel in Birmingham & we would have incredibly hot tea, dainty sandwiches & then share one of these gorgeous cakes. I can see her now putting her head on one side & saying "Shall we have tea & cake?". We'd get ready & walk to the bus stop on Hagley road to get the number 9 into the city, more than 50 years later I still love travelling along that road & still love those cakes ❤️
You must live in my neck of the woods! I’m not far from the Hagley Road and the no. 9 bus route.

We have Booths too. I noticed an employee reducing items on Saturday and got two delicious coffee Renoir’s for just over £1!
I literally just started to get to know the delights of free newspaper and a coffee at our local Waitrose and 2 weeks later they announced a closure ( about 4 years ago now ) and now we have Aldi 🤣 which I love but .. just my luck !! 😝

Plymouth, a city of 1/4 million, has no Waitrose because the city is considered too downmarket.
Nor Hastings which has loads of people down from London DFL. I have asked for a Waitrose but only received an email saying that it was not in their plans. We can get Ocado deliveries but I prefer to browse and the nearest Waitrose is 17 miles away.

The only time I shop in Waitrose is when there are offers its not my shop of choice tbh..I prefer Morrisons its a few miles away from me but good quality and fair prices!

I literally just started to get to know the delights of free newspaper and a coffee at our local Waitrose and 2 weeks later they announced a closure ( about 4 years ago now ) and now we have Aldi 🤣 which I love but .. just my luck !! 😝
Opposite happened to me. We got one and I moved 6 months later!

Iceland! Goodness I haven’t been in a store for over 25 years. They used to do nice biscuits which weren’t from the big brands.

We don`t have a Waitrose or a Booths. I really miss Booths and I shopped there regularly when I married my late first husband, then we moved and after he died and I married Mr V and moved again. We have Asda, Tesco, Aldi, Lidl, Iceland and Morrisons so we aren`t short of supermarkets but other shops on our high street are disappearing week by week. Pretty soon it will be desolate.

You must live in my neck of the woods! I’m not far from the Hagley Road and the no. 9 bus route.
I was born in Moseley, my paternal grandparents lived in Acocks Green & the others lived in Edgbaston. We're about 10 miles away, our daughters were Black Country children but I'm a Brummie & proud to be one.

I was born in Moseley, my paternal grandparents lived in Acocks Green & the others lived in Edgbaston. We're about 10 miles away, our daughters were Black Country children but I'm a Brummie & proud to be one.
Yes I’m a proud Brummie too , born and bred in Longbridge. We moved ‘over the border’ to Oldbury some years ago!

Hi there, I have an order ref no.xxxxxxx that was supposed to have been despatched on the 1st Dec but I haven’t received anything yet. Please could you look into where this has gone and if it has gone missing please could you get this product send to me today for next day delivery as I need this product before Thursday. Many thanks

God love her cotton socks mistaking Q’s antiquated systems with other online retailers.

Er, Booths ???? is this a s/market in the Midlands ? I'm fortunate in having the lot within 15 mins of me - from Waitrose/M & S, all the others, and Aldi / Lidl, so spoilt for choice really. Even Home Bargains and B & M's do groceries too.

Latest posts

Back