Things ain't looking good......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Er, Booths ???? is this a s/market in the Midlands ? I'm fortunate in having the lot within 15 mins of me - from Waitrose/M & S, all the others, and Aldi / Lidl, so spoilt for choice really. Even Home Bargains and B & M's do groceries too.
Booths are across the North of England, Lancashire, Cumbria, Yorkshire, Cheshire, Greater Manchester.They are in the Waitrose category I have shopped in there throughout the lockdown as I have 2 branches within easy driving/ walking distance, there was no fighting over Toilet rolls in Booths!However my equal favourites are definitely Aldi & Lidl for their superb quality at great prices.

Er, Booths ???? is this a s/market in the Midlands ? I'm fortunate in having the lot within 15 mins of me - from Waitrose/M & S, all the others, and Aldi / Lidl, so spoilt for choice really. Even Home Bargains and B & M's do groceries too.
It's a chain in the North-West & we visit whenever we're up there - football or going on holiday to the Lakes or Scotland. We're in the West Midlands & have all the supermarkets locally but there isn't one to rival Booths.

QVC could start by having less high profile presenters and celebrities fronting their goods. Combining postage would persuade people to buy more rather than paying postage for every item.
That has always been the one (of many things) that have 'baffled me' over the years (yes I appreciate it doesn't take much!), but why still in the 21st Centuary with most online shops offering one postage or free (yes I am aware that for the vast majority of items Q is never going to do that), but still a 'single postage' could be the way forward. I mean to have second (identical) item 1/2 price postage may have seemed 'a perk' back 20+ years ago, but this was before the internet (really) took off. E-commerce has moved on and I think they are 'desperately' playing catch-up, what with all the codes and offers, I thought to myself that this a company that is 'treading water', now I know that my 'hunches' were (perhaps) right!

If shopping habits continue the way they've been going for some years, and no doubt the market will become even more competitive, they're gonna need to make some radical changes before they hit the deck. The die hard addicts, which include the elderly and vulnerable won't be around for ever. It's unlikely that the families of some of these people are going to carry on where that person left off. (Especially after they've cleared their loved ones homes of unopened boxes and cupboards and shelves full of tat!)
What's the point of putting that advert "If you think you know QVC - Think again" on their shows? Surely it would have more impact on national television or in newspapers, otherwise they're just preaching to the converted. Mind you if they did that they'd be hiking the prices even more - but I'm sure with a complete overhaul, they should be able to find ways to give the customers better deals. They can start by stopping all this freebie nonsense...baby steps!
I think a problem that they may have is that they are dictated by their American Stock. I mean apart from the 'odd' British Brands, clothing (to me) seems overpriced for what the actual garment is (Yom Kim, Join Clothes etc), so whilst the presenters were pushing their 'good points', how many people in reality were actually purchasing. Yes, I am not saying that to some they represented 'value for money' and if one could afford £100 for long-sleeve top (for example) then 'good for them', but to someone who is trying to understand the 'Value' in QVC, clothes of this price don't immediately spring to mind. No as much as I (really) shouldn't say this, they may need to take another look at their clothing lines and prices!

I’m happy to shop in A or L but my partner thinks Sainsburys or Iceland are better! Did a £50 shop in Lidl today for some of our Xmas food.
If you are 'happy' about shopping at Aldi or Lidil why not name them? Sorry not 'calling you out' per se, but it reminds me of my mother we very briefly (two weeks I think), got the Mirror on Sunday and when I was in a public place and just 'casually' asked her what paper she had changed to she would not 'deign' to name the paper!

I've just received my first ever QVC voucher, for £5 off, after about 20 years.

Pity it didn't come before Christmas!

I haven't read the T&C yet, but I can almost imagine them eg have to spend a lot to get the £5 off, and it will only last a short time.

I'll let you know if it is better than this, and whether I actually use it.

We have a local shop called Shush which buys up well know branded clothing either from previous seasons,, bankrupt stock or from brands which are struggling or closing down.They cut out the labels but leave enough of the label behind so you can see which brand they are and which stores they`ve come from. I`ve had lots of well known brands from them including Marks, Next, Bon Marche, Peacocks, Dorothy Perkins etc but for the first time ever I saw a QVC brand in there the other day. It was the Gok Wan range WULI LUU and there were a couple of racks filled with those imitation suede trousers he did for Q and which got terrible reviews for being a strange fit and out of proportion, people couldn`t fasten them at the waist if I remember correctly.

There are several eBay stores who sell brand new surplus stock/last season most of which say the brand but some just say well known brand.

There was a coat in Marks I fancied but felt it was vastly overpriced at £99 plus a few reviews said the stuffing shed a bit . On the eBay site it was £34 whilst still in Marks stores so I sent for it and yes the occasional bit of stuffing comes out!

I haven't read the T&C yet, but I can almost imagine them eg have to spend a lot to get the £5 off, and it will only last a short time.

I received one too - with mine you have to spend £20 by the end of December- and I agree would have been more useful before xmas!

Please let us know how you get on with it, Dame F. I've seen it in Aldi but never bought it.

Aldi is quite close to me, I’ve never shopped in Lidl. I love the fact Aldi household products aren’t tested on animals, and you can fill a trolley up for the price you’d pay for a basket anywhere else. A lot of the special buys are from the same place QVC get theirs only Aldi are a lot cheaper. So I for one will stand up and say “I Shopper, is very. Happy to shop in Aldi”. 👍😃

We’ve also got a Marks and Sparks close buy and the husband loves their Italian meals. ☺️

Speaking of Aldi, I ordered some wine online and threw a couple of their Lacura Healthy Glow Plumping Serum with chamomile, retninol and acacia collagen. It's too soon to comment on the efficacy but it's got a nice, fresh fragrance to it, is pleasant to use. and for £6.99, I don't need a MBG.
I’ve never bought any beauty products from Aldi but I certainly rate a lot of the wine😀🍾🍷🥂

Whoopie flamin' do! The last few times I've made a purchase, the "special offer for you and a friend" always pops up. So, they want you to drag a friend into the pit, to get them a measly £10 off their first order on the condition they spend more than £25 before p&p,( and it renders easy-pay invalid)...and once they've placed their order, you get the green light to use your paltry voucher with the same miserable t's & c's
Call that an offer Q? 'cause I wouldn't!

Aldi is quite close to me, I’ve never shopped in Lidl. I love the fact Aldi household products aren’t tested on animals, and you can fill a trolley up for the price you’d pay for a basket anywhere else. A lot of the special buys are from the same place QVC get theirs only Aldi are a lot cheaper. So I for one will stand up and say “I Shopper, is very. Happy to shop in Aldi”. 👍😃

We’ve also got a Marks and Sparks close buy and the husband loves their Italian meals. ☺️
I love Aldi for everything from their flowers to their booze! The quality & prices can't be bettered & the staff in our nearest one are fantastic. My sister has just introduced me to their gingerbread with orange peel, it's a square cake that she found in the middle aisle so won't around for long which is just as well 😋

Love Aldi hot cloth cleansers,all varieties but our local Aldi and Lidl are too small and atm I won't go in. When hubby gets a wine order in I try and get the cleansers, trouble is most of the products seem to be in store only. Luckily a few miles away a new Aldi has just opened, nice and light and bigger than the one in town so will chance it after Christmas.
Re Booths , Yorkshire born and bred and never heard of them.

I love Aldi too. It's a bit of a drive for me but easy to park. I buy their large packets of midget gems for 27p. Delicious and beats anywhere else for price.
I've bought a mini chopper to cut onions, which is a job I loathe as my eyes are sore for ages after. It was about £10 and is still going strong. Better than much more expensive ones.
Their own brand crisps, biscuits and cereals are either superior or as good and much cheaper.
As an added bonus, I never ever see anyone I know in there - unlike my local Waitrose which is packed to the rafters with my fellow gym bunnies all sneaking peaks into each other's baskets. 😉

I like lots of things from Aldi and visit it at least once a week. Their extra tasty cook in the bag roasting chickens are excellent and no dirty roasting tray to clean afterwards. We like a particular Pinot Noir they sell too and their organic porridge oats. I`ve bought quite a few extras from there for Christmas, their boxed cheese selections and their luxury cheese biscuits plus their fully iced Christmas cake which is £6.99 but Mr V assures me its the nicest Christmas cake he`s ever had, I don`t eat anything with dried fruit so I give it a miss.
I`m not fond of their chocolates but I do like some of their own brand crisps and nuts and last year I bought some bottles of their flavoured gins as part of my middle son`s Christmas present and he loved them so now buys his gins from there and he`s usually a big Tesco fan.
Mr V likes their razor and packs of extra blades from there and he also likes their toothbrushes and own brand toothpaste and mouthwash but I`m not keen on their own brand dental products, I`m a colgate gal and have an electric toothbrush.
I`ve had various special buys and have liked and used most of them with 100% satisfaction and I love their rose facial oil. You never know what will turn up next.

Latest posts

Back