Most liked and disliked presenters on QVC?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The fact that our views on presenters feature so much on this forum, largely negative, is an indication that something is wrong. In my opinion they appear to be poorly managed. They should focus on the product being sold to us, drop the pantomime acts, stop assuming that they are particularly interesting ( not interested in their families, houses or holidays ), stop promoting their non QVC interests, stop trying to convince us that we are friends and stop showing off about their QVC samples.

I never tune in to watch a particular presenter. In fact I often chose not to watch because of the presenter. The product is what QVC should be about. They have lost their way and think we are watching for the presenter “ shows “.

The fact that our views on presenters feature so much on this forum, largely negative, is an indication that something is wrong. In my opinion they appear to be poorly managed. They should focus on the product being sold to us, drop the pantomime acts, stop assuming that they are particularly interesting ( not interested in their families, houses or holidays ), stop promoting their non QVC interests, stop trying to convince us that we are friends and stop showing off about their QVC samples.

I never tune in to watch a particular presenter. In fact I often chose not to watch because of the presenter. The product is what QVC should be about. They have lost their way and think we are watching for the presenter “ shows “.
I totally agree. I’m sick of listening to stories about their families & the fact a lot of them were dancers about 30+ years ago. Not interested in where they go on holiday & about their latest book they have written. In fact they should never be allowed to plug their books. Just wish they would get on with the more important things, sizes, lengths etc.

I find it
Interesting thread for a new member.

Just saying. If I'm wrong then I apologise but feel as if I've been through this one before with a certain presenter.
I find it amusing that qvc think the public would want to buy clothes worn by old fat presenters wearing them - And in most cases looking ridiculous. Also the brand " expert " Melissa pushing 50 looking like a desperate born again teenager. Certainly puts me off!

The only guest presenter I could stomach I’ve just found out they’re leaving, that’s Adele from SBC. As for QVC presenters then Evie has it spot on, not one of these narcissistic people would I ever want in my circle of friends, and certainly wouldn’t tune in just to watch them. They think they’re celebrities but in the wise words of QVC.........they really should think again. 😃

There used to be lots of lovely guests, including some from other countries. Most of the fashion seemed to be phased out and replaced with a horde of ghastly stylists.
I realise this year that was inevitable and sensible, but it was happening long before Covid swept into our lives.
The Q presenters seem to be out of control and racing to the bottom in terms of how repulsive their manners are, and how unprofessional their presenting has become. They are a perfect incentive to not watch Q at all.
All is not rosy at Q. When you see smoke, why not at least check there is no fire?

I, too, will be sorry to see Adele go - she is very informative, knows her stuff and doesn't take any nonsense from the presenters (I use that term loosely). Did she announce her departure on the TSV show?

Yes she announced it yesterday after presenting the last SBC product of the 7pm hour, I only seen the first few seconds of the 7pm hour but she announced it later on apparently. Shame that, she’ll be a hard act to follow. ❤️ xx

27 years ago we bought in shops or from catalogues then tv shopping came over from the US, the presenters were our senses & some of us bought by the skip load. Time, technology & common sense has moved on, the Q hasn't. I remember when Queen Julia would sell a ring & tell us that her ring size was L & because she didn't have very long fingers this ring looked good or that ring didn't, now she just twirls her hair & simpers. Some tat peddlers are cheesy, some are loud, many interrupt & most are full of themselves. 2020 must have been a challenge because all the usual 'techniques' they automatically use no longer applied & it'll be interesting to see how they fare next year.

I totally agree. I’m sick of listening to stories about their families & the fact a lot of them were dancers about 30+ years ago. Not interested in where they go on holiday & about their latest book they have written. In fact they should never be allowed to plug their books. Just wish they would get on with the more important things, sizes, lengths etc.
Why aren't they specific about the shoe and boot sizes ? I think the shoe models should say what size they are wearing and how they fit. The presenters should try the shoes on before the show so that they can say more than, ' Order your normal high street size. ' The same goes for the clothes. I don't need to be told what I can wear this top with. I want to know what it is made of. Shoddy presenters in the main who seem to believe they are celebrities.

27 years ago we bought in shops or from catalogues then tv shopping came over from the US, the presenters were our senses & some of us bought by the skip load. Time, technology & common sense has moved on, the Q hasn't. I remember when Queen Julia would sell a ring & tell us that her ring size was L & because she didn't have very long fingers this ring looked good or that ring didn't, now she just twirls her hair & simpers. Some tat peddlers are cheesy, some are loud, many interrupt & most are full of themselves. 2020 must have been a challenge because all the usual 'techniques' they automatically use no longer applied & it'll be interesting to see how they fare next year.
QVC UK need to do a year end appraisal and re shuffle of their employees in order to get up to speed. Slip shod management is probably at the heart of it.

Latest posts

Back