What the heck...?!?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Saints preserve us. Talk about sheep following fashion........ we've had the white trainer with everything - despite not suiting all feet, and now we have the bover / biker boot that they're all slavishly wearing. I saw Cozee Home Gertie in them the other day, and if she was my mother I'd squirm with embarrassment.

Cant wait to see Ruthless in them ( 😂 😂 ) accessorising her biker jacket. She'll need some B & W skull necklace and earrings and she'll be all set.

It really is mutton dressed up as lamb, I'm afraid.
Turned up jeans are the perfect way to make up your legs look their shortest. Why would anyone want to do that?
The best dressers search out and adopt the styles of the moment that suit them, and often in a more conservative version of the fashion so it isn't consigned to the bin the minute fashion changes again.

Catherine is an attractive woman, at most times, but she seems to have lost her way on how to dress...like a number of Q presenters.

Agree AK is the only one able to pass off Q fashions with any sort of style but unfortunately she is unwatchable talking about unnecessary family members all at 100 miles an hour. She isn’t called Gatling gun Keenan for nothing.
She always manages to turn any comment from a BA into a story about someone in her family, or an experience from her past. What does that reveal about her character ? Is she, underneath all that blather, insecure ?

I can't decide if all the chatter about their personal lives is all part of the 'QVC Family' idea or because they're not natural sales people & say anything to get a sale. I've heard Craigie & Miceal doing this but can't remember Charlie ever saying anything about his family, only that he was planning a visit to the Isle of Wight.

Catherine Huntley is currently channelling her inner Dick Emery "bovver boy".
I never thought I would see anything as bad as the Max Wall look!
I've just had a look, and I reckon that the jumper does as much to add to this "comical look" as the rolled up jeans and the heavy footwear. The look can work on the right figure, BUT if you haven't got the right figure (sorry Catherine) you're better off wearing something more casual up top, certainly nothing short and skin tight. Catherine's got a lovely curvy figure, but she does need to be mindful of what makes her look bottom heavy, or squeezed. It didn't help that she spent most of the demo side on to camera which accentuated everything that was wrong with that outfit. The top is horrible and it's probably on a list of "must wear" items as it's an upcoming Tsv. It looks shiny and acrylic and I can't think of anything one could wear with it that won't look hideously frumpy or plain silly. It looks like a school uniform jumper in the dark blue - The red or the pink, fine if you want to look like a cartoon character, the paler colours possibly classy if in lambswool or cashmere which would give the garment a nice flow and there wouldn't be any ruckling or a look of stiffness around the collar and cuffs!

Saints preserve us. Talk about sheep following fashion........ we've had the white trainer with everything - despite not suiting all feet, and now we have the bover / biker boot that they're all slavishly wearing. I saw Cozee Home Gertie in them the other day, and if she was my mother I'd squirm with embarrassment.

Cant wait to see Ruthless in them ( 😂 😂 ) accessorising her biker jacket. She'll need some B & W skull necklace and earrings and she'll be all set.
I've never seen Ruth in trainers. She always wears stiletto heels which she probably can't walk in. After a certain age, the padding on the soles of your feet disappears (fat, collagen ?) and it's hopeless to try to walk in heels of any height. She's adamant, it seems, to maintain her staid image, but it would be great fun to see her in full biker mode.

I've just had a look, and I reckon that the jumper does as much to add to this "comical look" as the rolled up jeans and the heavy footwear. The look can work on the right figure, BUT if you haven't got the right figure (sorry Catherine) you're better off wearing something more casual up top, certainly nothing short and skin tight. Catherine's got a lovely curvy figure, but she does need to be mindful of what makes her look bottom heavy, or squeezed. It didn't help that she spent most of the demo side on to camera which accentuated everything that was wrong with that outfit. The top is horrible and it's probably on a list of "must wear" items as it's an upcoming Tsv. It looks shiny and acrylic and I can't think of anything one could wear with it that won't look hideously frumpy or plain silly. It looks like a school uniform jumper in the dark blue - The red or the pink, fine if you want to look like a cartoon character, the paler colours possibly classy if in lambswool or cashmere which would give the garment a nice flow and there wouldn't be any ruckling or a look of stiffness around the collar and cuffs!
The rolled up jeans make her legs look shorter and her thighs wider. (It proves what she says repeatedly that she has a long body and short legs.)

I've never seen Ruth in trainers. She always wears stiletto heels which she probably can't walk in. After a certain age, the padding on the soles of your feet disappears (fat, collagen ?) and it's hopeless to try to walk in heels of any height. She's adamant, it seems, to maintain her staid image, but it would be great fun to see her in full biker mode.
My pet hate is seeing stiletto heels with long trousers and all you can see is a couple of little sticks poking out of the bottom. Leave the stillies to the youngsters, that's what I say!

I have seen Ruthless in magazine shoots where there has been a professional stylist on the job and she looks lovely with floaty clothes in jewel colours, softer make up and NO helmet hair, plus the soft focus.

However this isn’t her TV morning style and even worse her “range” on Q which I suspect is more true to what she wears from choice. Either she doesn’t do any cleaning or cooking at home or else she wears stiff clothes and shoes to do it, unlike myself in jeans, old T-shirt and flip flops with the odd bleach mark or spaghetti bolls stains on it!

Next we will get a Ruth Langsford loungewear or lingerie range no doubt!
If not that, I anticipate Her RL line of eek pieces to complement the clothes, and maybe a designer bag or too for the range.
And I wonder if she has also been in discussions about bed linens and home wear?
Q have a whole demographic that Ruth embodies, her range seems to have been very successful, so I'm sure they are trying to milk the cash cow of the RL brand before the bubble bursts.

I say this as someone who really likes Ruth. Her professionalism shines out amongst the mediocrity of the Q presenters' behaviour these days.

I have never thought of Ruth as a style icon or a stylist, even before she brought her “own”range, in fact it baffles me that if true, the powers that be invited her to have a range, all made in China, my big pet hate. I absolutely agree that high heels is a no go with trousers, very unflattering, plus they are not age appropriate because as we get older, we simply can’t wear them.

Ruthless is just a front. She can front anything without having any input into it. Her job is talking on live TV so it’s just talk about polyester rather than a soap actress or whatever.

If she’s not careful she will turn into Grim Reaper Voderman, fronting anything and everything until people are sick of the sight of you and you have to become more desperate at earning enough for the plastic surgery.

I totally agree - but i think the award for worse dressed should go to jilly halliday. She's got a lovely face and nice presenting but omg that scraggy rat tail hair and a figure that needs to steer clear of trousers. She could drop 10 years with a complete makeover

Ruthless is just a front. She can front anything without having any input into it. Her job is talking on live TV so it’s just talk about polyester rather than a soap actress or whatever.

If she’s not careful she will turn into Grim Reaper Voderman, fronting anything and everything until people are sick of the sight of you and you have to become more desperate at earning enough for the plastic surgery.
Ruth still looks relatively untouched. Carol Vorderman, sadly, has become unrecognisable.

Latest posts

Back