Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Happy New Year to all here. Just returned from my nuclear resistant bunker after a delightful Christmas and New Year's eve, hunkered down at home. Well peeps, we survived the convid plague, and also, unless we have been shafted, I understand we have now left the E.U. Happy days, however you voted, the leavers or remainers should accept the result and make it all work. Its heavy frost here in deepest, darkest Dorset this morning, and it is -5 degrees outside. Hope it's warmer where you are! Have a great 2021. Keep the laughs coming, and thank you Graham, and the Mods for keeping us all in order. Well I'm off to finish off the last of the Alcohol left in the fridge, (be rude not to).

Happy New Year to all here. Just returned from my nuclear resistant bunker after a delightful Christmas and New Year's eve, hunkered down at home. Well peeps, we survived the convid plague, and also, unless we have been shafted, I understand we have now left the E.U. Happy days, however you voted, the leavers or remainers should accept the result and make it all work. Its heavy frost here in deepest, darkest Dorset this morning, and it is -5 degrees outside. Hope it's warmer where you are! Have a great 2021. Keep the laughs coming, and thank you Graham, and the Mods for keeping us all in order. Well I'm off to finish off the last of the Alcohol left in the fridge, (be rude not to).
Yeah we've had some time of it. The financial crash of 2007/08, getting over that then voted to leave the EU and now covid! Hopefully we'll look back on 2021 as the year things started to settle down!

Continuing the theme of former guests who have turned out way better presenters than you would have guessed

Andrew Barnard

You can certainly see he loves every minute of presenting and his energy shines through have caught him a few times during the weeee hours but has had some more mainstream hours the last few days (on now)

Peter has just been on with the CBD oil - 'it's the first time they've let me do this product' he announces.
It's not surprising ,talk about ill-prepared!
Peter was in full awe struck child mode throughout , relying almost 100% on prompts through his earpiece.
At the start of the presentation he was 'thinking of getting this meself' .
Five minutes later he claimed that he couldn't get it from IW cos it was sold out.
He then said he had tried to buy it from a shop , but was shocked by the price.
By the end he had bought it elsewhere apparently , but at a higher price than IW.
Birkett was just as bad 'my mum' preferred the pills cos she forgot to take the tincture but had a pill tray.
By the end 'my mum' was mysteriously using the balm which she 'enjoyed rubbing on her heels'.
Thanks Peter and Chris for a great show !
ps ..... Chris , does CBD oil make you answer every question with 'so' ?

Jane Plan said during lockdown she put on a few pounds, but how surely her house should be full of this food.

They also shown some talking heads bit saying how much they enjoyed it. Thing is they wers all in the same studio, probably told what to say
Please don't waste money on this crap food. I bought it a while back and it really is awful.

Turned on Create and Craft last night and Shona Ramsey appeared.

Again totally different presenting style from IW, she Just told viewers what the items were.

And let the experts do there normal stuff, one of them Had Stephanie Weightman doing her items via Zoom.

Was half hoping to see Zoom go down so Shona had to wing it, but it never did

Stephanie did call Shona a seasoned TV Presenter, I was thinking Steph don’t you realise she’s a actor

Turned on Create and Craft last night and Shona Ramsey appeared.

Again totally different presenting style from IW, she Just told viewers what the items were.

And let the experts do there normal stuff, one of them Had Stephanie Weightman doing her items via Zoom.

Was half hoping to see Zoom go down so Shona had to wing it, but it never did

Stephanie did call Shona a seasoned TV Presenter, I was thinking Steph don’t you realise she’s a actor
Yeah I think this demonstrates the extent to which they put on an act, yes to varying degrees and albeit badly and/or OTT most of the time ;) The IW style would not transfer well to C&C, different demographic being targeted so it's toned down as oppose to being dialled up!

I think if push was coming to shove, most of the IW presenters could do a more reserved performance, much more if need be. Say QVC offered slots to Peter S, Mike M and Paul B on the strict proviso they stop the lewd jokes, barrow boy act and things like the whoop whoop noises, I reckon they could comply if it meant the difference between a pay cheque and getting a job in Costa's.

And let's take it up a notch. Imagine a selly telly channel launched that sold very expensive genuine tier 1 brands e.g. watches, jewelry etc. Things costing thousands that are worth thousands. If any of the IW lot were offered a gig on the channel on the proviso they had to act very professionally with no guff, again I reckon they could do it. Ok, probably with varying degrees of success, however if their job depended on it you'd be surprised just how far removed from their IW persona's they could probably become.

Caught the start of the CBD oil a while ago and Chris was saying how it has been on IW a whole year now. He also said they had to wait a year to get on to IW. Why would that be? Not exactly overrun with products.

Dormeo Sale Matress still ****** on Sale Price.

The Single has gone limited stock woopy woopy do, it’s only been on about 5 times a day for the last week, Mike says ooh it’s been flying. Mike has just said it will get colder in the weeks to come its cold know what flipping planet is he on

David Fabrino, ooh it always sells quick, David you’ve been selling it for over a week, you know it hasn’t flew through

The start of the Jane Plan, all the people filmed saying how wonderful it is are very unnaturally animated with their hands. Is there some psychological affect on somebody putting their hands up? Like a reinforcement that what they've just said is the honest truth and go and buy it?

Gen said only 4% of the meat plan is left and it should just about last the show.

Jane is surprisingly the same age as Helen who does the fitness stuff.

Love the way Jane Plan emphasises how it's not a diet, then tcaller Stephanie rocks up from 2 years ago and says the word 'diet' multiple times lol
In the show I watched 2 mins of today, the plates were even more overflowing with non Jane Plan fresh food. I only managed 2 mins as it was Genevieve presenting, talking like an excited child at 100 db's ... no thanks. All I saw was a plate brimming with lovely looking veg and a dollop of something not very appetising on top!

Dear little "I'm not a chef" John is demonstrating Neoflam non stick pans even though he's not a chef. He sprinkled a small amount of sugar into the saute pan to demonstrate it's non stick capabilities.
After the sugar bubbles away he poured cold water in to show how easy it was to clean then wiped it with a paper towel. You could hear him scraping away at the sugar as it was welded to the bottom of the pan. Then he puts it back on the hob and puts a piece of plastic in to again show how non stick it was. Goes to wipe it out again and the sugary plastic gunk on the base of the pan is going nowhere.
He had to acknowledge the sugar still in the pan because we can see it plainly, but is now telling us to soak it in warm soapy water to clean it instead of cold water and paper towel he just told us would clean it. By now I could actually hear the producer shouting in his ear piece over his mic.
Cue the camera cuts over to Shaun Bytheway who tells us he can't believe how non stick they are (me neither!) and he's definitely buying them. Camera cuts back to John and the saute pan has disappeared. Probably lashed in the bin under the counter next to him.

Latest posts

Back