Ruth Langsford TSV 9/1/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Jewellery AND shoes eh ? followed by kitchenware and bedding then ? as we speak she's probably flying around with her Agent and QVC trying to find an incongruous company that they could shove her name on. 🤭
On her broomstick?!
Ruthless ( 😂 ) , on the one hand wants to dress the middle aged audience that works in an office, and on the other tries to cater for the aged rock chick biker. Well, I'm neither, and I certainly don't want to be 'trussed' up in her jeans, no matter how often she does knee jerks in them ! Nothing ages a woman more than how Ruth looks in her own brand, with a top stretched across a dumpty tummy.

AND I'm becoming increasingly irritated by how p r e c i s e l y she has adopted her pronounced way of speaking, and the way she accentuates the hand across her garments when describing. In other words I've had it with her.
Yeah, she's always harping on about this "edgy, biker gal" look - Don't get me wrong I do know a few people who in their youth were into their rock music and biker culture, whilst most of them have left that look behind them, a couple still bear the scars so to speak, they've got the tattoos, they still wear chunky boots with their jeans and t-shirts emblazoned with the name of their favourite band, and their chunky silver jewellery, and somehow they've managed to carry the look with them and don't look too ridiculous!
Ruthie's army of middle aged/older ladies who buy into her spiel are likely to end up looking recycled teenagers, or just "wrong" - especially if they're sporting a bubble perm or a coiffed style like hers (even if it does look like a motorcycle helmet), or have a face like a walnut!
This look on an older person might look stunning on an aged fashion model, when carefully styled for a shoot for a glossy mag but not on your Aunty Vera!
I agree - Ruth always manages to make her casual styles look stiff and formal, and of course they're too tight - It's as aging as a twinset and pearls!

Yes i totally agree she has no style at all + always comes across as headmistressy. I wonder whose idea it was that anyone would want to look like her and pay exorbitant prices for frumpy clothes.

Unless the washing capabilities are wonderful is this not available in every chain store or supermarket at a fraction of the price even before taking sales reductions into consideration?
It’s been available on the granny-clothes stall in Chelmsford market for the last 10 years at least. They also ‘do’ granny colours such as pale pink, pale lilac and light mint green. £9.50.

I think you have to have a certain stylish look + persona to carry off the look of Jean jackets + jeans when you are old - Ruth langsford has neither and to me looks like an advert for what NOT to wear. It looks SO wrong on her.

It’s been available on the granny-clothes stall in Chelmsford market for the last 10 years at least. They also ‘do’ granny colours such as pale pink, pale lilac and light mint green. £9.50.

Oh gawd, I wear a lot of those colours - they suit me far better than plums/browns/blacks/reds or bright jewel colours. BUT don't do them in acrylic jumpers or Kimmy style prints. Its generally linens /cottons/viscose. (oh hell, I'm now justifying !!! :oops::eek:)

I like most colours and have never thought a colour either suited or didn’t suit me (maybe I’m in denial!) it’s really shape and fabric which makes it a goer or not.

Chunts is wearing Ruthless’s jumper and whilst it isn’t the wrong size pulled down tight over her hips it still isn’t something you would want to spend money on.

Ruth Langsford V Neck Contrast Trim Jumper
Item Number: 187965
QVC Price £47.50
Todays Special Value Price £34.98
P&P £2.95

A cotton viscose blend V-neckline cricket style jumper from Ruth Langsford featuring long sleeves and ribbing at the cuffs and hemline, plus contrasting coloured stripes around the cuffs and neckline. With a flattering fit, this soft and cosy piece is just waiting to be layered over jeans or a fitted skirt for a stylish everyday look.

A wardrobe staple - this easy-to-wear jumper will fit seamlessly into your wardrobe. Pair with skinny jeans and boots in winter or with a midi skirt and bare legs as we head into spring, it's so versatile. The soft jumper is a cotton viscose blend for optimum comfort and the mid-weight fabric will keep you warm on chilly days, but you won't overheat due to the breathable natural fibres.

Take your pick - choose from five gorgeous colours that include neutrals Navy, Warm White or Cappuccino that will go with anything, or try a pop of colour to brighten up any outfit with the Pink or Sunset Red options.

• 60% cotton, 40% viscose
  • Machine washable at 30C

Colour options:

• Navy
  • Sunset Red
  • Pink
  • Cappuccino
  • Warm White

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 100.3cm (39.5"), S: 105.4cm (41.5"), M: 110.5cm (43.5"), L: 116.8cm (46"), XL: 124.5cm (49"), 2XL: 134.6cm (53"), 3XL: 144.8cm (57")
  • Length: XS: 69.8cm (27.5"), S: 70.6cm (27.8"), M: 71.1cm (28"), L: 72cm (28.4"), XL: 73.3cm (28.8"), 2XL: 75.2cm (29.6"), 3XL: 77.5cm (30.5")

All measurements are approximate

Looks a bit scruffy especially in the beige, not keen. My bet its that it'll be priced at £60 ridiculous quid, we'll get it for £35.99 + £3.95 p&p . We'll see.
Well, I wasn't too far off the mark with the tsv price, and to me it's still a tad overpriced, I'd expect to see a price tag between £24.99-£29.99 high street and about £15-£18 in one of the budget stores. Good to see that it's a cotton/viscose mix as opposed to the usual poly/elastane. Although it may be a little less sweaty to wear, I think the material looks a bit stiff and tight and in some of the pics the collar doesn't sit very nicely. A jumper like this would be much nicer in wool or cashmere so the fabric would look more fluid. Not for me I'm afraid.

Just looks like a new take on the Cricket Jumpers that were fashionable when I was younger!

Looking at it in close up, it looks like the fabric could 'snag' easily. Saying that, the cappucino in close up, has a gold sheen to it, so I would plump for that if buying. Not for me as it looks too snug for me, and being a 20/22 I'd look like a trussed up sausage - the 3xl would make me look even bigger.

I never did 'buy into' all that bonhomie of Loose Women, more like a nest of vipers ! I watched 2 episodes when it first began and that was enough. Now it seems they've all upped their profile by being a part of it, non more so than weather girl Andrea "I'm the only one in the world who suffered menopause and nervous breakdowns' Mclean !!

I have one thing to say about her knitwear it looks far better quality than the marlawynne stuff. MW has the welts as "hems" which is regular knitting then machine stitched. This is the cheapest and most annoying finish you can get. Those of you that knit will know what I mean. This is fully fashioned so has :true" welts on the hem and sleeves so much better quality and half the price at least than MW

Latest posts

Back