Alpha-H TSV 10/1/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

15ml seems larger than average for a lip balm: Body Shop pots are 10ml and their lipcare sticks are only 4.2g. Sadly I can't abide rose-based scents for facial products, the only exception is JW's "rose" oil, maybe because it's a blend of other oils too. I'm not sure what's behind the inclusion of rose as an ingredient, it puts me off instantly.

Yes it is a very strict treatment. I had to have blood tests every 6 weeks and the number of tablets is based on your weight. It can affect the liver very badly so no alcohol allowed. I had 3 months of treatment, my lips were very dry and the inside of my nose needed Vaseline. It was wonderful as my acne cleared up and people commented on my beautiful skin. I was in my mid thirties when I had the first treatment.
Sounds like it worked for you then - indeed a harsh treatment - Your post confirms what I knew. I guess sometimes that's what needed. Glad it worked out. I think this sort of treatment must be administered with care.

15ml seems larger than average for a lip balm: Body Shop pots are 10ml and their lipcare sticks are only 4.2g. Sadly I can't abide rose-based scents for facial products, the only exception is JW's "rose" oil, maybe because it's a blend of other oils too. I'm not sure what's behind the inclusion of rose as an ingredient, it puts me off instantly.
Me too. Totally unnecessary. Pandering to fluffies (iykwim)

Me too. Totally unnecessary. Pandering to fluffies (iykwim)
I bought this last year. It's exactly the same tsv. Really not all that - but they went mad for the lip product! Alpha reckon its around £30.00 alone, rrp. If anyone has any questions re any of the products, ask.
I'm hoping there'll be some other bargains for whichever number of years at Q he is celebrating this time.

I had a rash of spots just crop up on the skin between the back of my ears and hair. Liquid Gold has been the only thing that's ever kept them at bay. It also works brilliantly at bringing to a head those monthly underground spots on my jaw/chin. You know the ones - they never come to a head, just simmer away painfully under the skin and scar if you do decide to give them a go at popping (which they never do!). A dab or two of LG as they come up and they magically come to an easy-to-pop whitehead that clears the next day with no scar.

I've recently started using the La Roche Posay soothing lotion in an effort to stop them coming up at all. It seems to be working in reducing the number I'm getting. I picked it up as it contains chlorhexidine which was in a prescribed lotion I used to get that worked well. I haven't tried the rest of the range so can't comment but if you suffer with spots the combination of LG and LRP soothing lotion might work well for you.

I had a rash of spots just crop up on the skin between the back of my ears and hair. Liquid Gold has been the only thing that's ever kept them at bay. It also works brilliantly at bringing to a head those monthly underground spots on my jaw/chin. You know the ones - they never come to a head, just simmer away painfully under the skin and scar if you do decide to give them a go at popping (which they never do!). A dab or two of LG as they come up and they magically come to an easy-to-pop whitehead that clears the next day with no scar.

I've recently started using the La Roche Posay soothing lotion in an effort to stop them coming up at all. It seems to be working in reducing the number I'm getting. I picked it up as it contains chlorhexidine which was in a prescribed lotion I used to get that worked well. I haven't tried the rest of the range so can't comment but if you suffer with spots the combination of LG and LRP soothing lotion might work well for you.
LRP is a good brand, I trust the products there that I use. Cera Ve is also V good - the same company

Chlorhexidine is in savlon, mouthwash, strepsils & some of Abby cleaves skin stuff - a cheap anitbacterial - which she reckons helps with pigment.

re the monthly cystics - do what you are doing, give the LG a couple of hours to work, then , just before bed apply a small blob of sudocrem (tub, not jar) to cover the area. Even better result & helps with redness. Can use the sudo in the day, round the home, but you can see it in space!

For adult acne, try la roche -posay effacular duo. (it's one product)

A light moisturiser with anti acne/blackhead ingredients. You can go over the top with a richer cream if skin very dry, but I wouldn't reccommend that if oily. Very good product. Look Fantastic/superdrug have offers all the time.
Also use a salycilic acid serum (The ordinary/Skin revolution underneath, but wait a good 2 mins.
Can't write loads as I have Rsi - hence the note form & typos, but ask if you need more help xxx
I use Murad spot cream - you can get it direct or from the likes of ASOS or look fantastic. Small tube. It has made my skin like normal again - a real confidence boost. I suffer from acne rosacea and my skin reacts to most things - I have tried so many different products including the Ordinary, but this has been the best so far and I always have a tube handy. It's expensive but worth it. Murad don't test on animals. I no longer need to apply prescribed gel.

So they've only changed 1 item from last tsv. A moisturiser instead of a cleanser. Very disappointed with this one. I've not even finished the lip balm from the last tsv, I'll not get this one.

LRP is a good brand, I trust the products there that I use. Cera Ve is also V good - the same company

Chlorhexidine is in savlon, mouthwash, strepsils & some of Abby cleaves skin stuff - a cheap anitbacterial - which she reckons helps with pigment.

re the monthly cystics - do what you are doing, give the LG a couple of hours to work, then , just before bed apply a small blob of sudocrem (tub, not jar) to cover the area. Even better result & helps with redness. Can use the sudo in the day, round the home, but you can see it in space!

I've tried Sudo on my spots at varying times in my life but something in it doesn't agree with me. I have a recurring irritation of sorts on my wrist that only Sudo will work for, though.

A vet friend gave me a tub of Udder Cream (the Gold Label brand) that's brilliant to keep around the house for all sorts of scrapes. My OH loves it after he's been in the garden as it's a do-all for softening, cleaning and disinfecting his cuts and blisters (typical man, goes all out at the beginning of the season). I use it as often as I remember on my wrist to keep 'the thing' at bay but Sudo's great when it flares up.

Alpha H 3 Piece Rose Gold Hydrate & Renewal Collection
Item Number: 243280
QVC Price £73.00
Todays Special Value Price £42.96
P&P £3.95
3 Easy Pays of £14.32

Celebrating 21 years of Alpha-H in 2021, this three-piece Rose Gold Hydrate & Glow Collection features supersize Liquid Gold Rose that's currently only available at QVC, which offers a weightless, hydrating update of the iconic Liquid Gold formula, plus Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump, a luxurious rose and 24 carat gold-infused lip balm and Essential Hydration Cream, your revitalising daily hydration boost. Find your radiance and top up your skin's moisture with this game-changing Alpha-H collection, which will work to brighten, refine and smooth.

*A great saving: If you were to buy the items in this collection individually from QVCUK.com you’d pay £112.50, plus P&P. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £42.96, plus P&P, you’re saving £69.54.

Beat the chill - perfect for braving the cold, this set is a must-have to help prevent skin dryness thanks to the Essential Hydration Cream, which can be used both day and night to keep your complexion's moisture levels boosted. Liquid Rose Gold also offers a hydrating alternative to the iconic Liquid Gold formula, infused with hyaluronic acid as well as the lauded exfoliating benefits of original Liquid Gold. If your lips are feeling parched, the Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump will help to leave them soft and smooth with its rich formula.

Instant glow - defy dullness for longer with Liquid Gold Rose in a fabulous supersize, boasting Liquid Gold's renowned overnight exfoliating formula that works to refine the appearance of enlarged pores and uneven skin texture, as well as removing dead skin cells for a brighter-looking complexion. Combining rose, orchid and lotus botanical extracts, as well as weightless moisture-binding ingredients, Liquid Gold Rose is the best of both worlds for dry, lacklustre skin, helping you wake up to both hydration and radiance.

Refresh your regime - this collection slots neatly into your existing skincare routine, as the Liquid Gold Rose and Essential Hydration Cream can be used nightly alongside your favourite cleanser, and the Essential Hydration Cream can be swapped out for your usual moisturiser in the day too. Plus, Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump is perfect for just popping in your bag when your lips need softening - it's simple steps to a beautiful complexion!

Stock up your skincare - by selecting the Auto Delivery option, you'll receive this collection again in 90 days' time at this amazing Today's Special Value price, so you can enjoy gorgeous skin well into the New Year!

Contains:

• 1 x Liquid Gold Rose (200ml; supersize) - infused with hyaluronic acid and 5% glycolic acid, as well as rose, orchid and lotus botanical extracts, this overnight liquid exfoliator offers the resurfacing benefits of the iconic Liquid Gold formula, working to refine the look of enlarged pores and uneven skin texture, while also helping to provide weightless moisture
  • 1 x Essential Hydration Cream (50ml; full size) - enriched with a blend of rose geranium and evening primrose, as well as a tincture of fatty acids and peptides, this aromatic daily moisturiser works to restore hydration to the skin, leaving it feeling supple and soft
  • 1 x Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump (15ml; full size) - infused with fruit enzymes derived from pineapple, this luxurious rose and 24 carat gold-infused balm helps to guard against antioxidants, smooth the appearance of fine lines and deliver intense moisture to the lips, working to give them a plumped, hydrated look

How to use:
Liquid Gold Rose:

• Apply onto cleansed skin each alternate evening
  • Moisten cotton pad with Liquid Gold Rose and apply to face, neck and décolletage
  • When the skin is touch-dry, apply your preferred moisturiser or serum
  • For an intensive treatment, do not follow with a moisturiser or serum
  • If your skin is more sensitive, start gradually (only 1 - 2 nights a week) and begin by applying Liquid Gold Rose using a damp cotton pad for the first two weeks
  • If you have dry or very dehydrated skin, apply Liquid Gold Rose, then wait for ten minutes and follow with the Essential Hydration Cream
  • It is recommended that you use a daily moisturiser with minimum SPF 15 when using this product

Essential Hydration Cream:

• Apply liberally each morning and evening after cleansing, gently massaging the cream over your face, neck and décolletage
  • Pat a small amount along the orbital bone to help soften and condition the eye contour area

Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump:

• Apply directly to your lips as often as required
  • Can be applied under lipstick as a conditioning primer or on its own to help hydrate your lips and impart a subtle sheen
  • It can also be applied as an overnight treatment before bed
  • It can be used as an all-purpose beauty balm on dry cuticles or parched skin

*A great saving: If you were to buy the items in this collection individually from QVCUK.com you’d pay £112.50, plus P&P. So for our Today's Special Value price of just £42.96, plus P&P, you’re saving £69.54.

ml for ml

Liquid Gold Rose (200ml; supersize) - £46.50 cost £19.39
Essential Hydration Cream (50ml; full size) - £31 cost £12.93
Liquid Gold Rose Perfect & Plump (15ml; full size) - £35 cost £14.59

Total £112.50 cost £46.91 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for prices.

I’m dabbing on Liquid Gold daily onto my skin as it got into a real state and it is now much better. I don’t need or want the other 2 products. Is there any cheaper alternative to LG?

I’m dabbing on Liquid Gold daily onto my skin as it got into a real state and it is now much better. I don’t need or want the other 2 products. Is there any cheaper alternative to LG?
I'll buy them off you, ILS.

If you don't go for it you might want to try Ren's version. There are still kits leftover from Christmas with the glycolic toner and a tube of the vitamin C cream (which is lovely) on a few sites. I had a kit half price from M&S with the mask included (which gave me the smoothest skin ever). I've also seen them on SpaceNK still for £7.50 but they're on eBay at much higher prices. I haven't checked for the toner alone though.

I'll buy them off you, ILS.

If you don't go for it you might want to try Ren's version. There are still kits leftover from Christmas with the glycolic toner and a tube of the vitamin C cream (which is lovely) on a few sites. I had a kit half price from M&S with the mask included (which gave me the smoothest skin ever). I've also seen them on SpaceNK still for £7.50 but they're on eBay at much higher prices. I haven't checked for the toner alone though.
Thx Alter Ego. I’ve just bought the REN. I will try it and see if it is as good as the Liquid Gold.

Latest posts

Back