Has anyone tried this? - - -

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
- - - - - I was tempted until I saw the P&P.

The science seems to be correct, but once made, the "special water" soon degrades and is no longer effective (they didn't mention this, of course). But presumably you can revitalise it again.

I saw the demo and quite fancied it until I saw the price. Would probably pay for itself though if you never bought any other cleaning products and just made the water up and did all your cleaning at once to use it up.

CC

Yes I’ve got one and Im happy with it The floor cleaning bit isn’t great so instead I spray the floor with the spray bottle then mop up with the mop separately. Its awkward to use with the bottle attached - the spray doesn’t reach the floor.. To be honest though I’ve had better general cleaning results from a good old scrub daddy sponge from Robert Dyas ... they’re amazing. Back to the e3 though it cleans as well as any product you can buy and refills are free as it’s jusr water.. I like that it sanitises.

This wasn’t the demo I saw. The pattern on the guest’s dress was extremely distracting on this demo! I noticed they repeatedly mentioned bacteria and germs but not viruses although this should be effective against viruses too.

I looked into it as I'm a HUGE fan of electrolysed water (hypochlorous acid).

You can't revitalise it but you can always make a fresh batch as it's so cheap to make up.

I was briefly tempted by this as I can't use many chemicals as I have so many allergies. I even have problems with some of the Method cleaning products. The stronger smelling ones can kick off an asthma attack in minutes (I'm looking at you, floor and shower cleaners!).

However, it is expensive and I know from talking to my dentist and reading up online that the commercial generators don't last that long. I wonder if Q would honour a warranty if it broke?

I need to go back to the recording to check but I'm pretty sure the death knell for me was when the guest said it wouldn't kill viruses. This caught my attention as the Dew Superclean doesn't either (I checked with Dew - only the Disinfect does).

With this in mind, I now use Dew Superclean with a microfibre (mop or cloth) on a greasy surface and Disinfect afterwards on food surfaces and in bathrooms. I also have a steam cleaner that I love but don't use Dew in it as hypochlorous water will degrade some metals. I also use the mister with Disinfect in it on my dog's bed as it doesn't wet it but does stop the smell between washing.

You need to be careful with it around aluminium as it will corrode it. I'd also read that a commercially-produced form can corrode stainless steel but only if left on the surface for a long time. I've been using Superclean about a year and it brings my stainless steel sink up lovely but I always rinse it off after a minute or two.

I go through loads so I buy the big refills of Dew so it doesn't cost too much though if you don't mind using chemicals it works out similar to the Astonish range (a lot of which I actually can use, along with some of Aldi's basic cleaning products - shocked me as all Flash and some Method kills me) price-wise.

Don't buy loads of Dew (or make up loads of your own) as it does degrade. Unless, of course, you go through it like I do! My first brushes with hypochlorous acid were with Aquaint (Vital Baby Water) and the pet care product, Leucilin (for wounds). Both stated to use within 3 months of opening. I marked the date on the bottles and, sure enough, both products lost that "chlorine" smell soon after. I keep one bottle of Dew Disinfect in my shed for rinsing my hands after handling the bin, It was opened last September but I keep the nozzle closed and it still has the brief bleachy smell so I'm quite happy about that.

One of the great things about these waters is their ability to degrade into plain old salt and water. No nasty chemicals going down the drain. They also don't bleach clothing - as I would have found out many times the way I accidentally splash myself. Superclean will help with light grease stains on clothes (as evidenced by the number of times I get that on myself, too!).

alter - I love the smell of Method's shower spray but have to use it with something wrapped around my face because it makes me cough for Britain as soon as it's released & I don't have any chest issues. Not good, even though I love their products & ethos.

alter - I love the smell of Method's shower spray but have to use it with something wrapped around my face because it makes me cough for Britain as soon as it's released & I don't have any chest issues. Not good, even though I love their products & ethos.

Which version do you have? I have the Mango (I think - it's the fruity version). I can't use it but my OH goes in and gives a quick squirt when I'm downstairs. It smells lovely in the bottle, as do the wood polish (my fave) and the wood floor cleaner. I'm gutted I can't be anywhere near them when they're used.

The only products I can use of theirs is the handwash, washing-up liquid and the clothes wash (though that's disappointing as I can't smell anything when I empty the washer!). Oh, and their granite polish but I use that on windows as I can't use normal glass cleaners.

I watch Neighbours and am sure I've seen Method products in the background. Neighbours is my guilty secret - I started watching it with my mum when I was caring for her and keep watching it as it reminds me of her every day.

For anyone interested I just came across the Natrasan blog. It has a few articles on "special water" that make for a good read (if you're into this sort of thing - being a bit of a clean freak I enjoy reading about stuff like this).

There's also a really good article on the Dew blog that was written by an opthalmologist. My partner uses Dew on his eyes whenever he has conjunctivitis (twice already this year). He has a damaged tear duct so suffers a lot with his eye. He was using a prescribed antibiotic cream but cleaning several times a day with Dew clears it quicker than that did.

Natrasan might be a good option for people who won't use it very often as it has a shelf life of 18 months. It's quite expensive, though. They have a pet range (Renasan) but it's identical to Natrasan so if you want to buy for your pets, try the cheapest form (not to sound like a broken record, the cheapest form would probably be Dew).

I honestly don't understand why the NHS doesn't use this stuff (although some hospitals do have the generators on site). It kills everything, and I mean everything. Even C.diff. It also kills so quickly there is no chance of bugs becoming resistant.

My cousin picked up a C.diff infection while in hospital for a bowel op a few years ago and was really ill. We almost lost her as she'd been given antibiotics for something else which enabled the C.diff to take hold. She now takes her own HOCl (I can't remember the brand but it's a Canadian version) into hospital and sprays everything she comes into contact with. She's not had a problem with infections since despite being high risk after having C.diff previously.

She was recommended it by her GP when he was looking after her when she eventually came out. I met him when I stayed years ago. I'd kill for a family doctor like him. She'll be gutted when he retires.

Thanks so much for this.
I have been buying a veterinary product for washing my dog’s feet, called Leucillin. It’s wonderful stuff, but only comes in small bottles and seems rather pricey, especially given the amount I need to soak a hairy spaniel’s feet. I realised it’s exactly the same stuff as this Dew Superclean, and I can buy it in 5litre containers from Amazon. So I just bunged one in my basket, and at checkout a discount was miraculously applied, meaning I only paid £12 for 5 L.
Whoo hoo! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Thanks so much for this.
I have been buying a veterinary product for washing my dog’s feet, called Leucillin. It’s wonderful stuff, but only comes in small bottles and seems rather pricey, especially given the amount I need to soak a hairy spaniel’s feet. I realised it’s exactly the same stuff as this Dew Superclean, and I can buy it in 5litre containers from Amazon. So I just bunged one in my basket, and at checkout a discount was miraculously applied, meaning I only paid £12 for 5 L.
Whoo hoo! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I started off with Leucillin for my always-getting-into-a-scrape spaniel.

Just to say, the Superclean won't kill viruses like the Disinfect and it also needs rinsing as it's very alkaline. The Disinfect doesn't need rinsing and is what I now use on my mucky pup.

I've been using the foam Superclean to wash my hands when they've needed a quick wash and not where they've needed a virus-killing wash. I've noticed my cuticles have been looking a lot better since using it so I've recently started putting the foam on my feet as I step in the shower and giving them a minute before rinsing as I have mildly ingrowing toenails that need keeping in check. I'm hoping the Superclean will soften these so it's easier for me to avoid them poking me.

Also, be careful with the Superclean on metals. I've noticed a teeny bit of pitting on the dog bowl since I've been using it to wash it. My fault for leaving it soak.

I checked and it’s actually the Disinfect I’ve bought 👍🏼
Thanks for all the info. My poor doggy has terrible atopic dermatitis, which is treatment resistant, and his feet have to be washed after every walk. The Leucillin keeps the infections between his toes under control, so this will be great as I can fill a container and literally dunk his whole foot in!

As I said before I bought one of these when they first came out and I paid about £124 but for that money I got 2 complete sets, so Q selling a single pack for nearly £100 is pretty bad. I found that the extras ie the floor mop wasn't that great and I ended up just spraying the floor with the liquid then mopping it up separately...and the little bottles you get in the set can be bought in places like Poundland for about 3, same with the squeegee. I love the product and it it cleans brilliantly. However, today I saw in the Coopers of Stortford catalogue that they're selling them (without all the useless extras) for £29.99. The only thing I noticed was the bottle was a little smaller but that doesn't matter because you only need to use tap water and salt to refill and recharge it. There was also a leaflet inside the catalogue offering free p&p for all orders over £30, so you could get yourself two for just shy of £60 if you wanted!

You could use it in this, an ideal birthday present for my OH.

Nostalgia mop and bucket 138250715_102140.jpg

Koh eco cleaning does a similar kit without the generator. UK.koh.com. I think it's more like the E3 stuff/Dew Superclean rather than Dew Disinfect. You can buy generators from eBay and Amazon for under £30.

I don't know if I'd trust these generators. I use Superclean for the de-greasing/cleaning, not the germ-killing power but am reassured by the faint chlorine smell I get when I spray Disinfect so know that I am getting a disinfection action.

I checked and it’s actually the Disinfect I’ve bought 👍🏼
Thanks for all the info. My poor doggy has terrible atopic dermatitis, which is treatment resistant, and his feet have to be washed after every walk. The Leucillin keeps the infections between his toes under control, so this will be great as I can fill a container and literally dunk his whole foot in!

My sister's dog gets 'hotspots' and dermatitis but has been helped with Dew. She also uses a foam product along with pads by Douxo. It has orange and white packaging. It seems to help keep it at bay longer than anything else she's tried.

If you're interested I'll get the details off her.

Latest posts

Back