Quick Grab It!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Their excuse/explanation/reason holds as much water as a colander & says everything about this company. If they had fulfilled the orders the money lost would have been minimal but they would have looked honourable.
I also think that they could've afforded to honour this offer, after all it wasn't as though they were letting something worth £100+ go for pennies....but they don't want to set a precedent. An email to those who ordered apologising and explaining the mistake, and obvs asking the customer whether they still wish to place the order at the correct price would've been the done thing...and perhaps a money off voucher off one's next purchase as good will might've been worth considering. No, it's good old, arrogant QVC - Just cancel everybody's orders and have the cheek to write "customer cancelled"...Not good!

I also think that they could've afforded to honour this offer, after all it wasn't as though they were letting something worth £100+ go for pennies....but they don't want to set a precedent. An email to those who ordered apologising and explaining the mistake, and obvs asking the customer whether they still wish to place the order at the correct price would've been the done thing...and perhaps a money off voucher off one's next purchase as good will might've been worth considering. No, it's good old, arrogant QVC - Just cancel everybody's orders and have the cheek to write "customer cancelled"...Not good!
It's a shame there isn't a "Cancelled by QVC" button. They should care that their own slipshod approach to their retail operation is behind this! But, no, let's bury our heads in the sand and ignore it...pretend everything in Q world is rosy.

They do not seem to understand that we tend to make a lot of constructive suggestions here on the forum, not just slating them.

In its own way, we do find Q entertaining, often because we seem to have a strong sense of the absurd on this forum.

It is such a shame that they seem to have weak management policies towards keeping standards up, and a preference for listening only to unquestioning adoration.
Here we do go and compare prices, wherever practical, to be sure it is genuinely a bargain. We do find better p&p, returns policies, and customer service elsewhere. I would be curious, not dismissive; especially if I had a business to run, with staff depending on it to keep a roof over their heads and food on the table (talking about Knowsley, more than Chswick Ivory Towers).

I have just received an email from Q confirming that due to a pricing error they have had to cancel my order, and given me a £5 off voucher to use by April, they kindly told me I could order the cancelled item at the promotional price of £36, if I wanted, thanks but no thanks
We at least they were honest about why it was cancelled. It's a better response than I was expecting, tbh.

To Letz Be Avenue & Shopperholic
I owe you both many thanks for complaining on my behalf and my daughters following having our orders cancelled.
I too have received an email explanation and £5 discount plus the chance to repurchase the set at £36
Awaiting to see if this has also been offered to my daughter as well.
Do hope everyone else has received their email too.
Thanks again for your help it’s much appreciated.

I owe you both many thanks for complaining on my behalf and my daughters following having our orders cancelled.
I too have received an email explanation and £5 discount plus the chance to repurchase the set at £36
Warrior women both 🥰🦹‍♀️🦸‍♀️🤼‍♀️

Daughter still awaiting

Well I will wait and see if I get a £5 discount. I won't hold my breath. I've been with them from the start and never once have I had one offer except for the ones I've sniffed out myself. If I don't get an email I'll be on the phone.

CC
Daughter still awaiting.

Ring them up if you don’t hear anything, QVC are such a pain in the arse and never make things easy.

Many, many years ago I had an unexpected refund for a Lee Sands necklace that I had bought months before. Apparently when QVC advertised it, the information had been wrong, I think something to do with the length of it, but I can't really remember. I was most surprised as I was quite happy with my purchase. I bet that would not happen now.

I had an eel skin purse from Lee Sands, it was so well designed and lasted me for years.

Such a pity QVC have stopped all the more eclectic brands and the exotic gemstones and instead show us endless Lola Rose, B&W and EEK by various 'z-lebrity' designers
I have still got an eelskin purse in one of the draws somewhere.

Anyone tried to use the £5 compo voucher? I tried today but it comes up as not recognised. Maybe that's because the item I wanted to buy was reduced? I didn't see any terms and conditions in the letter with the code saying it had to be a full price item or an item over a million pounds :rolleyes: . Just wondered if anyone had got the £5 off.

CC

Latest posts

Back