Le Creuset TSV 15/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can't decide if the tat peddlers are getting worse or if my tolerance level has change. I also don't know why I look at their blogs, it's like scratching a mosquito bite & yet I still do it! This big headed comment sums up the majority of them - 'I posted a photo on my Instagram, @juliagroberts, if you’re interested in following my life in pictures on there...' 🤯 - head so huge it's exploded.

T, they’re getting worse.........a lot worse. They’re just a bunch of 🤡

Opted for 🤡 because they didn’t have an emoji for what I was thinking they’re a bunch of 🤔 😜 ❤️ Xx

Debbie Flint has very kindly shared about her Le Creuset “ sample “ on her latest Thursday Night Bantz - see her Facebook. She starts off in a sing songy voice showing off that she has some new pans. Then she very kindly shows us the box and her 2 pans, one containing her stir fry.
As if giving Flint an expensive freebie is going to influence me to buy those pans.
Mind you she did say she would be ordering the cleaning blocks, I suppose she is happy to buy when under £20.

That’s it QVC keep giving freebies of quite expensive products to your salespeople in the misguided belief it will encourage people to spend their money.
I don’t use Facebook anymore not since all the misuse of our data. Has she posted a photo anywhere please?

I can't decide if the tat peddlers are getting worse or if my tolerance level has change. I also don't know why I look at their blogs, it's like scratching a mosquito bite & yet I still do it! This big headed comment sums up the majority of them - 'I posted a photo on my Instagram, @juliagroberts, if you’re interested in following my life in pictures on there...' 🤯 - head so huge it's exploded.
I’m like you, their awfulness draws me to their blogs etc. My husband, who cannot watch JR or DF, asked me why I do that. I told him I am gathering material in case I ever come out of retirement to do stand up comedy. Wealth of material with some of those jokers!

I'd be more interested if they managed to source good lookalikes instead of all this top of the range stuff at top of the range prices. I'm sure Le Crueset is great quality, but OH has a couple of cast iron casserole dishes he bought when he lived in France many moons ago, and they're still going strong, and compared with Le Crueset prices they cost pennies (well Francs). They seem to be high end brand obssessed nowadays, which would be great if the prices were competitive, but they're far from it! I've bought some amazing stuff from Q in the past - Now it's really touch and go buying with them. Really haven't bought anything for ages now.

Attachments

• Le Creuset Pans TSV 1.jpg
    Le Creuset Pans TSV 1.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 163
  • Le Creuset Pans TSV 2.jpg
    Le Creuset Pans TSV 2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 155
  • Le Creuset Pans TSV 3.jpg
    Le Creuset Pans TSV 3.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 150
  • Le Creuset Pans TSV 4.jpg
    Le Creuset Pans TSV 4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Le Creuset Pans TSV 5.jpg
    Le Creuset Pans TSV 5.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 158
I agree with JFM, I use a set of Le C medium-size mugs which you can't get any more, they are excellent and always look good. All you can get now are the heavy large ones or the teensy little ones which are neither use nor ornament to me. I would definitely not spend LeC money on heavy, posh pans when what I have works perfectly for me - they're not a set but who cares? Certainly nobody who eats here.

I bought the pans on the last TSV, they are aluminium and not too heavy.

The demo said you could use metal utensils, the instructions said never use metal utensils!!

Should I believe QVC, or Le Creuset, I wonder?

The TSV looks cheap. If I'm going to buy Le Creuset I want it in those bright colours and the chunky style that makes it different from every other pan/casserole dish.

CC

I shall order these depending on price the set on the Le Creuset site is £157.00, my other pan and casserole were £300, and worth every penny, but I don't have these two which would be a great addition.

Le Creuset Toughened Non-Stick 2 Piece Frying & Stir-Fry Pan
Item Number: 811986
QVC Price £245.00
Todays Special Value Price £174.96
P&P £0.00

This superb-quality two-piece pan set from Le Creuset includes a 24cm shallow frying pan and a 30cm stir-fry pan, both featuring the brand's even stronger Toughened Non-Stick coating inside and out, cast handles with stainless steel rivets, and a special hardened body. Ensuring long-lasting durability against daily use, these kitchen essentials will fit perfectly into your everyday cooking routine, allowing you to create an array of delicious meals without hours of cleaning up afterwards!

Delivered directly from Le Creuset - please allow 5 - 7 working days for delivery.

Toughened technology - these innovative pans are made with Le Creuset’s four-times tougher Toughened Non-Stick coating, boasting a special six-layer construction, including three layers of PFOA-free, reinforced non-stick coating, making it superbly strong and durable, yet still light enough for everyday use. The strong, abrasion-resistant coating won't flake or peel during use and allows food to be lifted from the surface flawlessly.

Versatile cookware - these durable pans perform outstandingly on all types of hobs including induction and are oven safe up to 260C. What's more, the hard anodized, forged aluminium body absorbs and retains heat evenly and efficiently, cooking to perfection without ‘hotspots’. Plus they are durable enough to be used with metal utensils, easy to clean and require less oil for cooking, making low-fat meals much more doable!

Your everyday hero - the 24cm shallow frying pan is a versatile kitchen essential. It's the perfect size for making omelettes, pancakes, frying eggs or pan-frying meat, fish and vegetables. You'll be reaching for it for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Family favourite - with deep, curved sides, a classic shape and helpful stainless steel handles for easy lifting, the stir-fry pan is ideal for whipping up stir-fry noodle dishes or making large quantities of one-pan recipes such as chilli or curry. It's the perfect addition to any family kitchen.

Lifetime guarantee - through pride of the workmanship in this quality cookware, the original purchaser of these pans is guaranteed for a lifetime, whether it's a self-purchase or received as a gift!

• Suitable for use on all types of hobs (including induction), in the grill or oven
  • PFOA-free, reinforced non-stick coating inside and out
  • Forged aluminium
  • Dishwasher and freezer safe

How to clean:

• Always cool the pan for a few minutes before cleaning
  • Don't plunge into or fill with cold water when hot - excessive surface temperature changes may damage the pans
  • Recommended to wash by hand in warm, soapy water rather than cleaning in the dishwasher as this will help the non-stick surface last longer
  • Not suitable for use with abrasive cleaning agents or metal, harsh abrasive or very stiff cleaning pads or brushes on any of the surfaces

What's in the box?

• 1 x 24cm Toughened Non-Stick shallow frying pan (l x w x h - including handles): 45cm x 25cm x 7.6cm (17.7" x 9.8" x 2.9"); diameter: 24cm (9.4")
  • 1 x 30cm Toughened Non-Stick stir-fry pan (l x w x h - including handles): 57cm x 31cm x 11.5cm (22.4" x 12.2" x 4.5"); diameter: 30cm (11.8"); capacity: 4.7l

All measurements are approximate

Oh and guess who is launching these £174.96p pans. That’s right Debbie Flint who was given her sample about 10 days ago. Total disgrace. Do they have no shame? In the past couple of weeks she has had the pans, Elemis, Korres, Nina Leonard top. There have probably been more but she has made a point of highlighting that she bought some sponges and a mop and bucket, both under £20. We don’t benefit from the presenters having freebies. How did we benefit from Craigie singing through his Molton Brown Freebie? How do we benefit from seeing a photograph of Debbie and Craigie’s dinner in their sample Le Creuset pans. They benefit time and time again. Hundreds of pounds of benefits.
Also does she have to have the TSV slots nearly every night? I am sick of seeing her.

Last edited:
That deep wok-type pan would have been much more useful than the pan I bought recently.

And I don't know whether mine have "4 times stronger" non-stick, I will have to check.

I wonder how long it’ll take for the powers that be at QVC to realise that no amount of presenter freebies will convince anyone to buy what they’re offering, probably about as long as it takes them to realise that their postage is tantamount to extortion and returns should be free and postage capped..........so that’s never then.

That deep wok-type pan would have been much more useful than the pan I bought recently.

And I don't know whether mine have "4 times stronger" non-stick, I will have to check.

We bought our Wok from Aldi, it’s that strong (black none stick inside, steel outside) you could knock a wall down with it. We use it a lot and had it for almost three years now, it still looks like new and was only £19.99.

Just editing to show what my Wok looks like (now now 😂) https://www.aldi.co.uk/stainless-steel-30cm-wok/p/097477282893000

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back