Ruth Langsford TSV 27/2/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Yes, Nicola Sturgeon does but she doesn't do jeans it's those stirrup ski pants. No, I lied, it's hideous tapered trousers with stilettos. She is pure 80's.

CC
Yes she’s hardly an icon for Scottish fashion or style. Those shoes she wears may be fine for her dreadful ‘I know how you feel’ press conferences (or her appearance at the Alex Salmond inquiry) but I can’t see her trotting down Govanhill visiting her constituents in those pirrie heels 👠😂

Yes she’s hardly an icon for Scottish fashion or style. Those shoes she wears may be fine for her dreadful ‘I know how you feel’ press conferences (or her appearance at the Alex Salmond inquiry) but I can’t see her trotting down Govanhill visiting her constituents in those pirrie heels 👠😂
The last time she was seen in her constituency she had on a pair of Nikes to get away from the dog poo and mouldy tomatoes that were coming her way. She talks a good game but not many people are falling for it these days.

CC

The last time she was seen in her constituency she had on a pair of Nikes to get away from the dog poo and mouldy tomatoes that were coming her way. She talks a good game but not many people are falling for it these days.

CC
She’s on the wane imo. All her fake concern for us Scots at these press conferences does mae heid in and her patronising responses to questions will lose her votes. Even if she survives the Salmond enquiry I can’t see her doing that well in the May elections so we may not see much more of her Hobbs’ ensembles or her pirrie heels soon 😂👍

Er, her Hobbs ensembles of 20 years (at least) ago (I used to wear those for work) and I think she needs to rethink her sizing. Never liked her and she does ma heid in as well!

CC

I don’t know anything about her apart from her appearance on TV and i hate it when people think they know about regional politics, but in comparison with the slug Alex Hammond she seems ok.

of course I’m using our lot as comparison so she doesn’t have a very high bar.

I just watched the launch (8am) I'm sure Ruth said 'I looked at this jacket and I didn't realise it had buttons at first'

But Ruthie I thought you designed every piece in your range and fussed over every detail'

I just watched the launch (8am) I'm sure Ruth said 'I looked at this jacket and I didn't realise it had buttons at first'

But Ruthie I thought you designed every piece in your range and fussed over every detail'
These people are as much involved in design as that great fashion leader Victoria Beckham and the lid has been lifted on that fairy story.They will place a tick, like/ dislike here and there a few comments, questions. That’s it.

OMG, they've got it in a dress as well. The model looks like she works for the Halifax. Ruth chose well with Michelle modelling because she's doing a great job of making the **** (sorry shirt) dress look wearable.

CC
Brilliant! She does tend to use a lot of "corporate" patterns and when twinned with polyester fabric it totally screams bank/building society worker. Off on a bit of a tangent but did anybody see the cookware BA (can't think of her name..large, bossy blonde lady) wearing Ruthie's "cricket jumper"? She was wearing the red..and it made her look scary!

I think it was Jackie that said that...but Ruth did say that when she got the dress that she was horrified that the belt loop didn't move until she realised that it was stitched into place with a piece of cotton that you can cut off - If you had any hand in the design - you'd know these things. Obviously, she gets sent pics of "possibles" and she'll swipe right if she likes them and thus they get put into "her" collection!

I think it was Jackie that said that...but Ruth did say that when she got the dress that she was horrified that the belt loop didn't move until she realised that it was stitched into place with a piece of cotton that you can cut off - If you had any hand in the design - you'd know these things. Obviously, she gets sent pics of "possibles" and she'll swipe right if she likes them and thus they get put into "her" collection!
Yes you're right she said Jackie didn't realise there were buttons on the tunic top

Brilliant! She does tend to use a lot of "corporate" patterns and when twinned with polyester fabric it totally screams bank/building society worker. Off on a bit of a tangent but did anybody see the cookware BA (can't think of her name..large, bossy blonde lady) wearing Ruthie's "cricket jumper"? She was wearing the red..and it made her look scary!
I did. She was also wearing it on another 'show' recently which was fortunate because seeing her reminded me to add beef tomatoes to my shopping list 🍅

The cooking lady always wears the cricket jumper. I think she was presenting a cooking show on the same day that it was a TSV, and kept saying how much she loved it, and was going to order one. I wonder if she bagged a freebie?

The cooking lady always wears the cricket jumper. I think she was presenting a cooking show on the same day that it was a TSV, and kept saying how much she loved it, and was going to order one. I wonder if she bagged a freebie?
Ladies of the larger persuasion (like her) should not be seen dead in a jumper of any description like that. They just emphasise everything - bigger bust, bigger upper arms, bigger belly, bigger hips. They should not be seen in sweatshirts either. Dear Lord, some women just haven't a clue - or are deluded when they look in a full length mirror.

That brand ambassador's voice reminds me of the woman that tried to get a vacuum cleaner to work with Charlie Brook - brilliant. She disappeared into the ether, never to be seen again.

Ladies of the larger persuasion (like her) should not be seen dead in a jumper of any description like that. They just emphasise everything - bigger bust, bigger upper arms, bigger belly, bigger hips. They should not be seen in sweatshirts either. Dear Lord, some women just haven't a clue - or are deluded when they look in a full length mirror.

I'm short 5' 1'' and size 14/16

The Works winter uniform is a royal blue sweatshirt, and in December it's a Christmas red sweatshirt with 'Santa's Gift Shop' printed across the chest, nicely emphasising my EE chesticles.

I try to avoid full length mirrors.

Latest posts

Back