Cozee Home New Items

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I've been hoping that the heated shawl would come back in stock.

I bought one for OH for Xmas (a long time before) and she loves it, and I wanted one for myself.

However, I've now ordered something from Aldi which I hope will do, about £15 cheaper, but not a shawl.

I bought one for OH for Xmas (a long time before) and she loves it, and I wanted one for myself.

However, I've now ordered something from Aldi which I hope will do, about £15 cheaper, but not a shawl.

Oh dear, if I had that I would definitely never go out between November and March!

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - - - -

It arrived today by Hermes, very quick delivery (2 days) and free PP.

I had chosen light grey, out of 3 choices.

It is a return!!!!!

It is basically a rectangular electric blanket, about 6ft by 4ft. You arrange it open on your armchair or sofa, then sit on it and rest your back on it, then cover yourselves with the flaps and switch it on.

So I arranged it on the chair, and immediately noticed that the inside where you sit on it, and the back area, was THREADBARE!

Also, the box listed the contents, which included the instructions and warranty card, but both were missing. And there were other clues, such as no plastic protectors on the mains plug, which you invariably get with new items.

So I rang Aldi CS (free) and they were very helpful (after a 20 minute wait).

BUT

My colour had sold out, and they can only replace like with like, so they can't exchange it for a dark grey.

Also, he couldn't take an order by phone, so I had to go online immediately to order, as they were "selling fast".

Got the order done, then arranged collection of the old one.

If I had a printer (which I don't) then Hermes would have collected it tomorrow. The alternative is for Yodel to collect it on Monday, which doesn't need a printer.

And, of course, I have to wait 2 or 3 working days for the replacement, so I have to stay in for another 2 days (so no exercise walks).

So it's not just Q that send out unchecked returns. CS did admit that it definitely seemed to be a return.

I haven't even turned it on yet to see if it heats up - - - to be continued.

BIG DISAPPOINTMENT - - - -

It arrived today by Hermes, very quick delivery (2 days) and free PP.

I had chosen light grey, out of 3 choices.

It is a return!!!!!

It is basically a rectangular electric blanket, about 6ft by 4ft. You arrange it open on your armchair or sofa, then sit on it and rest your back on it, then cover yourselves with the flaps and switch it on.

So I arranged it on the chair, and immediately noticed that the inside where you sit on it, and the back area, was THREADBARE!

Also, the box listed the contents, which included the instructions and warranty card, but both were missing. And there were other clues, such as no plastic protectors on the mains plug, which you invariably get with new items.

So I rang Aldi CS (free) and they were very helpful (after a 20 minute wait).

BUT

My colour had sold out, and they can only replace like with like, so they can't exchange it for a dark grey.

Also, he couldn't take an order by phone, so I had to go online immediately to order, as they were "selling fast".

Got the order done, then arranged collection of the old one.

If I had a printer (which I don't) then Hermes would have collected it tomorrow. The alternative is for Yodel to collect it on Monday, which doesn't need a printer.

And, of course, I have to wait 2 or 3 working days for the replacement, so I have to stay in for another 2 days (so no exercise walks).

So it's not just Q that send out unchecked returns. CS did admit that it definitely seemed to be a return.

I haven't even turned it on yet to see if it heats up - - - to be continued.

The blanket worked perfectly and was wonderful, keeping me toasty without heating up the whole house above 20 deg.

Packed it up this morning and it was collected as arranged (by Yodel).

The new one is on its way, also by Yodel, which is strange as the previous one came by Hermes.

The blanket worked perfectly and was wonderful, keeping me toasty without heating up the whole house above 20 deg.

Packed it up this morning and it was collected as arranged (by Yodel).

The new one is on its way, also by Yodel, which is strange as the previous one came by Hermes.

I bought another one not too long ago. I can't live without mine. I have one on the bed and one on the sofa. They've definitely gone down in quality. You never used to be able to feel the wires in the older ones I have that have died (keep a spare if you love it as they're not always in stock and inevitably die during a cold snap). I can't get warm in the winter even if the thermostat is on 20. My face gets hot but the rest of me is icy. I also can't stay cool in the summer. My lovely old GP said I have a faulty thermostat 20 years ago and I have to agree with him.

Aldi and Lidl have always honoured their warranties and have sent out a replacement when I've complained. I've never had to return anything to them, just provide proof of purchase via email and they've sent a replacement within a few days. However, I have noticed lately that the replacements are not in the condition that the new item was in - missing booklets etc. I don't think I've had a direct return but I'm pretty sure I've had a returned repaired item.

I've a heated blanket that mum bought me as a gift, it's from Lakeland, think it was about £35. That was a couple of years ago, still brilliant, I love it, as does the dog. Bought Mr CC a Cozee one that was a bit dearer but he and the dog love it. We've a cold house and if the log burner isn't on then these are really good, even if we do look like two old pensioners wrapped up in blankets.

CC

I've a heated blanket that mum bought me as a gift, it's from Lakeland, think it was about £35. That was a couple of years ago, still brilliant, I love it, as does the dog. Bought Mr CC a Cozee one that was a bit dearer but he and the dog love it. We've a cold house and if the log burner isn't on then these are really good, even if we do look like two old pensioners wrapped up in blankets.

CC
My Aldi one is too big, it could do with being 2 ft shorter and narrower.
And the instructions say not to use it creased or folded.

So I find it difficult to see the TV when I am covered head to toe in it. ;)

My Aldi one is too big, it could do with being 2 ft shorter and narrower.
And the instructions say not to use it creased or folded.

So I find it difficult to see the TV when I am covered head to toe in it. ;)

I'd prefer one smaller for watching telly so the cape I had from Lidl a few years ago was ideal. If I'm not too cold I'll just put a shoulder warmer over my lower legs and feet. They're always icy.

I was surprised how effective the shoulder warmer is. If I'm upright in front of the telly it's off the back of the sofa and on my shoulders. Even if the room is fairly cold it will warm me up nicely. I think mine was £15.

Mr L who is an electrical engineer won’t have anything like that in the house,- no electric blankets.

He also hates anything fleece or jersey bedclothes

I can see why. I'm very risk-averse. Our friend is a fireman who says electrical fires start with items like plug-in air fresheners, fake chargers, e-cig chargers and so many innocent-looking items. I'd hate to lose my sentimental items to fire (though Mr. AE says he'd be happy to see the rest of my 'crap' destroyed). I also feel for flood victims.

Mine electricals get unplugged when not in use. Mr. AE, fed up with returning when we got a few miles away from home as I thought I'd forgotten to unplug the iron/straighteners etc., now checks everything before we leave.

It doesn't stop the zaps I've had when they've blown when over me, though. I've had three shock me over the years and a few more just zap when they're turned on. They give a three-year warranty but they rarely last that long.

ETA: My niece reached over a lit gas ring to grab the utensils from the rack behind the hob. Her look-fitting fleece sleeve caught fire so quickly it really was shocking. My sister had a pot of cold water that she was bringing to the hob to boil so threw it over her quick enough that the only thing that was hurt was my niece's pride. The rack was taken down an hour later and my niece has never cooked in loose fleece since.

I hate to see anyone cooking in long sleeves, wearing bracelets or rings. Gives me the shudders.

Latest posts

Back