Julia R

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I was naughty and phoned yesterday to enquire about my jab as I am 62, lovely chap on the other end who informed me that the letters are going out 1st March but said that he would have a look. He was very laid back and said that it was a very quiet morning, I assumed people were out enjoying the weather. Anyway, he booked me in for Friday at my local hospital then said that he would book my 2nd jab. Couldn't offer me one locally. I asked about the medical centre where Mr Twirl had his 5 weeks ago and he said it wasn't on his list. Apparently Mr Twirl had the Pfizer jab but the number I rang only dealt with the Astrazeneca one. So I decided to wait until I am called up. Today I read that over 60s can book online so I had a go. Booked both of them, one for next week and the next for end of May. Then I got a text to say that one of my appointments were cancelled and I would have to book again. Tried again and was successful 🎉 🎊 🥳 Was strange though because the centre where he tried to send me yesterday isn't on the list today 🤔 Seems a right mucking fuddle to me. Also, both my daughters as key workers, disabled granddaughter and Mr Twirl have had theirs, all had the Pfizer one but haven't got an appointment for second one. Seems very confusing.

I was naughty and phoned yesterday to enquire about my jab as I am 62, lovely chap on the other end who informed me that the letters are going out 1st March but said that he would have a look. He was very laid back and said that it was a very quiet morning, I assumed people were out enjoying the weather. Anyway, he booked me in for Friday at my local hospital then said that he would book my 2nd jab. Couldn't offer me one locally. I asked about the medical centre where Mr Twirl had his 5 weeks ago and he said it wasn't on his list. Apparently Mr Twirl had the Pfizer jab but the number I rang only dealt with the Astrazeneca one. So I decided to wait until I am called up. Today I read that over 60s can book online so I had a go. Booked both of them, one for next week and the next for end of May. Then I got a text to say that one of my appointments were cancelled and I would have to book again. Tried again and was successful 🎉 🎊 🥳 Was strange though because the centre where he tried to send me yesterday isn't on the list today 🤔 Seems a right mucking fuddle to me. Also, both my daughters as key workers, disabled granddaughter and Mr Twirl have had theirs, all had the Pfizer one but haven't got an appointment for second one. Seems very confusing.

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know it was possible to book on line till I read your posting, so I had a look and I'm booked for Tuesday and the the second is in May!

I’ve got to say my appointment, including the second (10 weeks to the minute) and the actual jab was the slickest bit or organisation ive experienced in a long time.

I just hope everyone gets theirs ok very soon.
My 2nd is in 10 weeks as well, to the minute, yet the media always says 12 weeks.

I’ve had Pfizer but no date yet for second.

I had the Pfizer one and wasn’t given a date for my 2nd jab. However, on the card that I was given it gave the date I had it on (February 12th) but next to my name it says 11.03.

That wasn’t the time that I had the injection because I was in the waiting room with the others in case we had a reaction. I don’t know if 11.03 relates to the time I was allowed to leave or whether it means my 2nd jab will be on 11th March. Unfortunately it probably means 11:03 am. 🙄

Me and the husband are 55 and haven’t been offered one yet even though I’m asthmatic, I’ve read that some under 50s with no underlying conditions have been getting it. Never mind our time will come. 🙏❤️

Our eldest son had the AZ one and was floored for a day so don’t mind waiting. 😳

We both had the pfizer one. Mr V just had a sore arm and no other side effects and I didn`t have any side effects not even a sore arm. No idea if that`s a good or a bad thing ?
Neither of us have dates yet for our second jab, we were both booked in via our GP`s and we were told they`d be in touch again with dates for our next jabs.

It’s not often NI is ahead of the game but when you booked your first (Pfizer) it came through with the second date automatically before you had even been for the first.
Mr L got his at the surgery (AZ) and got the second during the vaccination process.

My Mr T has looked at vaccine calculator a few times & yesterday the expected date for our age range had moved into April. After reading last night's posts I went onto the website this morning & booked first & second appointments for both of us - this Friday & then in May. We've never had a flu jab, however, he's not bothered about having anything that's required for a climbing trip so didn't think twice about this one; I'm still reticent & even called a friend who is a doctor for his opinion, his reply was: "Have it because you won't be able to get on a plane, into a theatre or any flower show without it".

I was, and TBH still am, uncertain about the speed this has been rolled out. However after an autum and winter of being a prisoner in my own home I reckoned either I take the chance and the possible consequences or sit in the corner and waste away not able to mix with people or go on holiday. I don’t have that many years of full activity left so I’m not going to waste them.

I was, and TBH still am, uncertain about the speed this has been rolled out. However after an autum and winter of being a prisoner in my own home I reckoned either I take the chance and the possible consequences or sit in the corner and waste away not able to mix with people or go on holiday. I don’t have that many years of full activity left so I’m not going to waste them.
My thoughts exactly! I was worried about the speed of the roll out too, and I did say I wouldn’t have it for that reason. When the surgery contacted us to book the first jab, I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. Had the Astra Zeneca on the 1st Feb. No side effects except a sore arm, husband felt ill the next day, and spent the day in bed.

I know people in their eighties in different parts of the country who had the second jab weeks ago. Mr C got a text from the surgery to get his jab, I didn't and booked in the day before I got the letter. Here we all have stiff notices not to contact them, they will contact us about the second jab. I'd have thought it was simpler to book both at the same time, but no. Ours not to reason why. This applies to the Pfizer and AZ vaccines. We're watching the calendar with interest and they can expect some reaction if we don't hear in time.

We’ve both had our first jabs and have dates for the second. When the rollout started I hesitated for about 20 seconds but in the end I could hardly wait for my turn. I felt elated and very relieved. It’s a fantastic effort and our route to some normality. I’ll have booster shots and whatever else it takes. 👏👍👏

Latest posts

Back