Huh ! Being Off Air Didn't Last Long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
Message of condolence at the loss of Prince Philip as they were off air in a mark of respect didn't last long. Will this channel even bother coming off air at all when our dear Queen departs this earth ? Hopefully QVC will be RIP long before her Majesty does.

Message of condolence at the loss of Prince Philip as they were off air in a mark of respect didn't last long. Will this channel even bother coming off air at all when our dear Queen departs this earth ? Hopefully QVC will be RIP long before her Majesty does.
I hadn’t noticed it was back, but you are probably right.

I stand corrected then. I admit I didn't check during the afternoon, but must have tuned in when they had started up again.

They went off at 1pm, same as Gemporia. They should have been off air earlier than that as announcement was made at 12. Gemporia came back on at 5pm so at least Q were off longer than that.

Ideal World didn't go off air at all.

Wether shopping channels went off air or not it wouldn’t affect the sales, not with a website that’s open 24/7.

I noticed Highstreet TV and the other pre-recorded channels stayed on too. QVC never went off when Princess Diana died and although she had the HRH title taken off her, she really was “the peoples Princess” I’m not a Royalist and I wasn’t keen on Prince Philip due to his killing tigers, shooting Grouse and his love of stag, deer and fox hunting, which to be honest I was surprised how much the BBC of all places went in on, not to mention how he spoke to people, but he was someone’s husband, father and grandfather and I’m sorry for their loss. 🙏❤️

Just edited to add stag and deer, I forgot to put them in.

Last edited:
The Queen will not have given a single thought to mundane events yesterday, however, she is a pragmatic lady & I don't think she would expect everything to stop because of this news. I can understand blanket coverage on the day of his funeral but let's face it the media will get their money's worth out of the next week. I'm with Shopps - the hunting, shooting & fishing brigade revolt me & nobody will ever convince me that chasing a terrified animal for miles then ripping it to pieces or blasting a panicking bird out of the air is sport. I am sorry for the Queen's loss & the fact that the man she loved so much had his final year overshadowed by family turmoil.

He had a long happy life, very sad for his family.

But the normal TV channels overkill. I wanted to watch my local news, we have rioting here in N.I. and none at lunchtime just on all 5 channels for hours Philip. Even in the local evening news which is 30 minutes the first 20+ minutes all about how many times he came over to visit.

I did not care for the man at all again because of the hunting and shooting thing.

The Queen will not have given a single thought to mundane events yesterday, however, she is a pragmatic lady & I don't think she would expect everything to stop because of this news. I can understand blanket coverage on the day of his funeral but let's face it the media will get their money's worth out of the next week. I'm with Shopps - the hunting, shooting & fishing brigade revolt me & nobody will ever convince me that chasing a terrified animal for miles then ripping it to pieces or blasting a panicking bird out of the air is sport. I am sorry for the Queen's loss & the fact that the man she loved so much had his final year overshadowed by family turmoil.
He had a long happy life, very sad for his family.

But the normal TV channels overkill. I wanted to watch my local news, we have rioting here in N.I. and none at lunchtime just on all 5 channels for hours Philip. Even in the local evening news which is 30 minutes the first 20+ minutes all about how many times he came over to visit.

I did not care for the man at all again because of the hunting and shooting thing.

Thank you T. 🙏❤️ xx

Donna I really feel for you, I’m scared for the good people of N.I. like yourself having to go through such violence again, it’s heartbreaking. Stay safe. 🙏❤️ xx

At the midnight TSV launch it was said that as a mark of respect the shows would be more subdued and they wouldn't be doing social media on air.

9am Mrs. Shouty is on who being as subdued as a pneumatic drill on concrete, I didn't watch long enough to see if she had her tablet in her paw because she gives me a headache.

Latest posts

Back