Huh ! Being Off Air Didn't Last Long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know many of you did not have a lot of time for the DofE due to his hunting, shooting and fishing.

I have been a tenant on The Sandringham Estate for very many years and when it was overseen by Prince Philip it was a delightful place to live, tenants were treated with kindness and respect.

Years ago when I was between jobs I knew I would have trouble paying the rent because housing benefit was less than the rent I had to pay, I wrote an explained and the land agent phoned me said not to worry, for six months just pay what you get as benefit and the estate would forgive the underpay.

A few years ago he handed the reins to Prince Charles who got rid of the old management team and bought in a bunch of what I can only describe as bullies

Fast forward to this furlough, I wrote and explained that I was having difficulty with the rent, I eventually got a reply informing me that my rent increase had been overlooked and from may 1st it would increase £30 per month.

I've already spoken on here about how the new management team sacked me and two others because they farmed our jobs out.

He did genuinely care about the tenants and staff unlike his awful oldest son to whom we are not humans but numbers on a spread sheet to be milked for as much as they can get.

I know many of you did not have a lot of time for the DofE due to his hunting, shooting and fishing.

I have been a tenant on The Sandringham Estate for very many years and when it was overseen by Prince Philip it was a delightful place to live, tenants were treated with kindness and respect.

Years ago when I was between jobs I knew I would have trouble paying the rent because housing benefit was less than the rent I had to pay, I wrote an explained and the land agent phoned me said not to worry, for six months just pay what you get as benefit and the estate would forgive the underpay.

A few years ago he handed the reins to Prince Charles who got rid of the old management team and bought in a bunch of what I can only describe as bullies

Fast forward to this furlough, I wrote and explained that I was having difficulty with the rent, I eventually got a reply informing me that my rent increase had been overlooked and from may 1st it would increase £30 per month.

I've already spoken on here about how the new management team sacked me and two others because they farmed our jobs out.

He did genuinely care about the tenants and staff unlike his awful oldest son to whom we are not humans but numbers on a spread sheet to be milked for as much as they can get.
I would take this mark of character as a good indicator of what kind of monarch he would be... I am not anti Charles because of the sainting of Diana, but I would be quite happy if the royal tradition ends with Her Majesty.

Nobody is all villain or all saint. I do think both Charles and Philip have created things immensely for the public good in The DoE scheme and The Prince's Trust...but I do question some of the things we have in this country which are utterly out of step with modern life, regardless of where you sit on the political spectrum...all tied to the monarchy.

Wether shopping channels went off air or not it wouldn’t affect the sales, not with a website that’s open 24/7.

I noticed Highstreet TV and the other pre-recorded channels stayed on too. QVC never went off when Princess Diana died and although she had the HRH title taken off her, she really was “the peoples Princess” I’m not a Royalist and I wasn’t keen on Prince Philip due to his killing tigers, shooting Grouse and his love of stag, deer and fox hunting, which to be honest I was surprised how much the BBC of all places went in on, not to mention how he spoke to people, but he was someone’s husband, father and grandfather and I’m sorry for their loss. 🙏❤️

Just edited to add stag and deer, I forgot to put them in.
Yes, I'm with you on this Shoppy. I find it staggering that over the years, the Duke's rudeness has always been reported as 'his humour', and having watched the tv since the 50's and consequently hundreds of overseas tour reporting I can never remember a single laugh out loud moment from the Duke. There was the 'slitty eyes' moment, the shoddy Indian workmanship comment and others that left people open mouthed, but was past off as his joky manner. Er no, it was crass rudeness.

Yes, I'm with you on this Shoppy. I find it staggering that over the years, the Duke's rudeness has always been reported as 'his humour', and having watched the tv since the 50's and consequently hundreds of overseas tour reporting I can never remember a single laugh out loud moment from the Duke. There was the 'slitty eyes' moment, the shoddy Indian workmanship comment and others that left people open mouthed, but was past off as his joky manner. Er no, it was crass rudeness.

That’s spot on and couldn’t agree more, I remember there was a big stink early 90s when he was interviewed and thought his mic was off, he went on to say how he despised the “desperate public” and all those smiling faces, always wanting to shake his hand and haven’t they “got anything better to do” it was quickly noticed and turned off but the press heard it. Yes I agree, he was crass and rude. Thanks b. 🙏❤️ xx

I know someone who met him. It was a passing out parade and her husband was passing out. Philip was there doing the wandering down the people and chatting thing. He stopped at her and "Are you one of those single mothers on benefits?" No, my husband is here and in the army. We have no children!

Charles wants to run the firm as they call it as a modern business. Cutting down on all the hangers on who get paid from the public purse. Edward or the invisible man as I call him gets paid, but it could be years in between from his appearances. Andrew less said the better but insisted his daughters got titles. Anne does work and made sure her children did not get titles. The grace and favour housing now charged at the full rental rates etc.

I don't wish ill on Prince Charles even if I think he is a horrible man, but I think William and Catherine would do a much better job of being head of state, from what I have seen they are more in touch with the people.

I would hate to have the Prime Minister as head of state, imagine Boris and his missus doing the job.

I don't wish ill on Prince Charles even if I think he is a horrible man, but I think William and Catherine would do a much better job of being head of state, from what I have seen they are more in touch with the people.

I would hate to have the Prime Minister as head of state, imagine Boris and his missus doing the job.
They could have a largely ceremonial prez like in Ireland, where the power continues to be with the parliament and government.

Does anyone think the Queen will abdicate now she no longer has "her rock" and hand over to Charles?

I tuned in to Radio 4 Extra at 6pm for the hour of sci-fi or horror, but they were playing exactly the same programmes as Radio 4. The BBC has gone too far now!!

PS it wasn't DofE programming just normal Radio 4, so why stop normal Radio4 Extra.

What a shamles BBC.

I remember when Diana died that they were the last cable channel to cease broadcasting - even the music channels had notices on screen saying they'd suspended broadcasting because of the mood of the country but not Q. They came off air for a few hours when 9/11 happened and were back, peddling nail varnish by 8.00 pm.

Anne is the Queen we will never have.
I think she embodies the better qualities of both her parents. She has always been my favourite out of all of them.
Did you see the programme last year to mark her 70th birthday? It was very interesting, she's an incredible woman with the energy of someone half her age & does a huge amount of work.

I know someone who met him. It was a passing out parade and her husband was passing out. Philip was there doing the wandering down the people and chatting thing. He stopped at her and "Are you one of those single mothers on benefits?" No, my husband is here and in the army. We have no children!

Charles wants to run the firm as they call it as a modern business. Cutting down on all the hangers on who get paid from the public purse. Edward or the invisible man as I call him gets paid, but it could be years in between from his appearances. Andrew less said the better but insisted his daughters got titles. Anne does work and made sure her children did not get titles. The grace and favour housing now charged at the full rental rates etc.
What an odd question & how rude. He had the reputation of being brusque but that's such a ridiculous thing to ask someone. I like the Wessexes, they both do a lot that never gets reported & her commitment to her charities is from her heart. She's patron of horse sanctuary & I read a report about one of her visits when a horse, blind after years of neglect & naturally wary of people, was so comfortable with her he laid his head on her shoulder, she looked overwhelmed with emotion.

Does anyone think the Queen will abdicate now she no longer has "her rock" and hand over to Charles?
I think she'll stay true to her coronation oath until death. She's made of stern stuff, like her mother, & could live just as long.

My Mr T is republican to the core, he went away on climbing holidays when the last two royal weddings took place. He doesn't think there's any need for another layer of government so the job of head of state could be done by the prime minister & would grudgingly put up with BoJo doing it. I like a bit of pomp & ceremony & I'd rather have a constitutional monarch than a politician in that role; I also think that in times of uncertainty the British look to the royal family for a degree of certainty & reassurance.

For once they might have judged the mood correctly. Apparently ITV's viewing figures fell below 1 million on Friday night, which is a first for the channel and the BBC's weren't much better. Channel 4, who stuck to their regular schedule recorded a huge increase with an average of 4.2 million viewers tuning in.

It was totally different with Diana and 9/11 as there was the shock-horror factor and the stories continued to develop. The passing of a 99 year-old, who led a long and privilege life does not carry the same interest, particularly when news is available on demand nowadays and we can choose when to catch-up on it.

I’ve seen better tributes to pets than the one Harry gave for his Grandfather.😟
Did he give a tribute? I missed that. I did see that he is coming back for the funeral. I hope he is quarantining for the proper length of time, as I don't think California is doing terribly well and has developed it's own C-19 variant.

When I was at school we went for a week to Scotland(parents had to pay), they took us all over the place educational. I remember Glasgow museum had better mummies than we had.

Any we were taken to a underpass or bridge opening this was the 70s. So Anne was doing it and drove the stretch of empty road with crowds on both sides it was slowly, and she was waving. One of our class shouted out really loudly, "Give us a smile Annie!" And she turned to our direction and gave a big smile.

Latest posts

Back