Huh ! Being Off Air Didn't Last Long

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think we all wanted it to work so much. I think she has been cast as the Yoko Ono, but I think that fundamentally Harry must have hated being in the BRF and bitterly resented having to leave the Army...and resented the family as a result.
I think being a celebrity, where you get to push back may suit his feelings and attitude better. Being in a Royal goldfish bowl where you "never explain, never complain" regardless of the criticism must be a hard gig, and tough on your mental health.
He's chosen what he believes is the right path for his little family unit. The bit I find unpalatable is his expectation that his dad, and by extension, the UK taxpayer continues to fund him. In my view no workie, no payie.
As much as I dislike the man Prince Charles does not receive any money from the UK tax payer

Only the Queen, the late Duke of Edinburgh and the late Queen Mother ever receive direct money from The Sovereign Grant.

The Sovereign Grant was set at 15% of the profits of the Crown Estates., the exchequer gets to keep the other 85%, last year The Crown Estates made a profit of £345 million, and The Queen got just 15% of that =£51.75 million, so each year the country make a lot of money from Her Maj.

I think if I were in her position I'd keep all the money and give the exchequer the 15%

The Prince of Wales and his immediate family (the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry) received their income from the Duchy of Cornwall, last year it was £22.2 million.

As much as I dislike the man Prince Charles does not receive any money from the UK tax payer

Only the Queen, the late Duke of Edinburgh and the late Queen Mother ever receive direct money from The Sovereign Grant.

The Sovereign Grant was set at 15% of the profits of the Crown Estates., the exchequer gets to keep the other 85%, last year The Crown Estates made a profit of £345 million, and The Queen got just 15% of that =£51.75 million, so each year the country make a lot of money from Her Maj.

I think if I were in her position I'd keep all the money and give the exchequer the 15%

The Prince of Wales and his immediate family (the Duchess of Cornwall, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, and Prince Harry) received their income from the Duchy of Cornwall, last year it was £22.2 million.
Judging by your recent posts, you are far better placed to know these things, so thank you for setting the record straight.
I thought that when representing The Queen there was a payment from the Sovereign Grant.
So instead if we are buying anything originating from Charles' business interests, then we could be indirectly footing the bill?

Judging by your recent posts, you are far better placed to know these things, so thank you for setting the record straight.
I thought that when representing The Queen there was a payment from the Sovereign Grant.
So instead if we are buying anything originating from Charles' business interests, then we could be indirectly footing the bill?
Most of my info comes from Google but I have to confess I did overhear and see a few interesting things ;) so I kind of knew anyway.

I honestly don't know if he claims 'expenses' if he is representing HM, but as I said the money was originally hers anyway.

Yes I guess that if you buy anything from the Dutchy of Cornwall the profit goes to him.

I think for most of them, they can get away with platitudes and general enquiries about Meghan and Archie, and congratulations about their second baby. It might be more challenging to congratulate him on his jobs as they could be avenues to speak out. It could be tougher with the inner circle, because even if Harry was to respect confidentiality (not demonstrated so far) others around him are less restrained.

The BRF at this stage has become a bit of a freak show, and it would be kinder to them to put an end to it all and let everyone move forward privately. I don't think that will happen, sadly.
At least they can hide behind masks. Judging by their expressions at the Commonwealth Day ceremony last year none of them should ever play poker! I shouldn't comment, the chilliness between our older daughter & her husband towards us has got worse since they heard that our younger daughter's having her second baby. Because of the pandemic I haven't seen them since 1st March last year & even though I've made several suggestions about get togethers, meals, birthday parties, even a belated Christmas celebration, every idea has been rebuffed & I know I'll feel really awkward when we do finally meet.

Never ever will I forget Lady Diana's funeral in Hyde Park. It was packed and you could hear a pin drop. She was our Queen we never had.
I know I will probably get flack for this but I was so glad we were abroad when she died and came home on the day of the funeral. I couldn't stand her and her simpering,pretending to be shy .

Did he give a tribute? I missed that. I did see that he is coming back for the funeral. I hope he is quarantining for the proper length of time, as I don't think California is doing terribly well and has developed it's own C-19 variant.
I don't think we should be allowing people in from US.

They know how much scrutiny they'll be under & if Hawwy didn't attend there would be those who would say he was an outcast blah, blah, blah. The royals will follow the guidelines to the letter & with distancing & masks there won't be much communication & even if he sees anyone privately he won't be giving them bear hugs. I imagine he'll arrive here at the end of the week & return to America immediately after the ceremony. I always thought she had an eye for the main chance but most disagreed with me, now I don't know anyone who has a good word about either of them.
Ginge and Whinge, Ginge and Toxic are two names I've heard them called.

At least they can hide behind masks. Judging by their expressions at the Commonwealth Day ceremony last year none of them should ever play poker! I shouldn't comment, the chilliness between our older daughter & her husband towards us has got worse since they heard that our younger daughter's having her second baby. Because of the pandemic I haven't seen them since 1st March last year & even though I've made several suggestions about get togethers, meals, birthday parties, even a belated Christmas celebration, every idea has been rebuffed & I know I'll feel really awkward when we do finally meet.
Our eldest Twirlette didn't speak to us for 3 years. In the end I just phoned her as I was having a clear out and wanted to know if she wanted her old school reports. She was as nice as anything. Bought the granddaughters to visit as soon as she could. She carried on as if nothing had happened.
This was about 7 years ago now but I am acutely aware that she could do this again if she wanted.
I won't say that I hope everything works out for you because if you're like me you will be walking on egg shells every time you meet. Luckily she lives a 100 mile round trip away so even before the pandemic we weren't frequent visitors.

I know I will probably get flack for this but I was so glad we were abroad when she died and came home on the day of the funeral. I couldn't stand her and her simpering,pretending to be shy .
I was at Center Parcs with no tv. I caught up by watching The Queen (Helen Mirren was brilliant) much later.
The public dictated how they were to behave, which underlines how much the privilege is a gilded cage.

Does anyone think the Queen will abdicate now she no longer has "her rock" and hand over to Charles?

I tuned in to Radio 4 Extra at 6pm for the hour of sci-fi or horror, but they were playing exactly the same programmes as Radio 4. The BBC has gone too far now!!

PS it wasn't DofE programming just normal Radio 4, so why stop normal Radio4 Extra.

What a shamles BBC.
I love 'The Seventh Dimension' We listen at midnight. I thought my radio was on the blink! Lets hope we get it back today.

Ha ! ha ! I wonder if he'll be wearing a hidden mic to get more salivating juicy "not helpful" comments for his pieces of silver from Oprah and Netflix !
I never thought of that. YIKES! That would be a new low, and I can't help but feel there would be no going back from that....

Ha ! ha ! I wonder if he'll be wearing a hidden mic to get more salivating juicy "not helpful" comments for his pieces of silver from Oprah and Netflix !
I was listening to some radio programme and an American lady was interviewed about the Oprah fiasco, they wanted her point of view because apparently she is part of the 'American aristocracy', whatever that is.

Anyway it was her point of view that the interview was a big mistake and many doors will be firmly closed to them.

She said that the circles they aspire too, Mr and Mrs Gates, the Obamas. the Clooneys and those anonymous Americans that have billions fiercely guard their privacy, when, she said, did you see Michelle Obama on TV bitching about her in laws.

They'll be wondering that if they will gossip like that about their family who else would they talk about.

They know how much scrutiny they'll be under & if Hawwy didn't attend there would be those who would say he was an outcast blah, blah, blah. The royals will follow the guidelines to the letter & with distancing & masks there won't be much communication & even if he sees anyone privately he won't be giving them bear hugs. I imagine he'll arrive here at the end of the week & return to America immediately after the ceremony. I always thought she had an eye for the main chance but most disagreed with me, now I don't know anyone who has a good word about either of them.
I think they're OKish. She suffered horrid press in the UK and racism played a part. She is 7-8 months pregnant so wont be able to fly anyway. Chaotic and dysfunctional family and I don't have a good word for any of them except the queen. Don't get me on Price Andrew!

Did you see the programme last year to mark her 70th birthday? It was very interesting, she's an incredible woman with the energy of someone half her age & does a huge amount of work.

What an odd question & how rude. He had the reputation of being brusque but that's such a ridiculous thing to ask someone. I like the Wessexes, they both do a lot that never gets reported & her commitment to her charities is from her heart. She's patron of horse sanctuary & I read a report about one of her visits when a horse, blind after years of neglect & naturally wary of people, was so comfortable with her he laid his head on her shoulder, she looked overwhelmed with emotion.

I think she'll stay true to her coronation oath until death. She's made of stern stuff, like her mother, & could live just as long.
I think if the Queen had died before Princess Margaret, the Queen Mother would have soldiered on longer. I think her bond with HMTQ was different, less close. Plus her beloved grandson Charles would have ascended to the throne. I think HMTQ's relationship with Philip was extremely strong, and her reign now that he's gone may have lost its spark.

Evie, Twirly & MML ❤️ thank you. I can put up with being ignored, having my opinions trashed & my choices questioned. I can't deal with her childhood being seen as inadequate by her husband & them saying that I favour my younger daughter.

Aw I’m so sorry you’re going through it still T, must be horrible but you know what, you and Mr T know the truth and at the end of the day that’s all that matters, chin up lovely, big hug ❤️ xx

Latest posts

Back