Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wanted an Ocean one, but ended up going for the Ocean 2 premium, would still like an Ocean one though, one of the vintage or bronze ones.
I'm actually selling my Vintage 2 tone :cool:
uTZ6tVvm.jpg

And the prize for the biggest disparity between 'Ideal World Price' and what they're actually selling it for goes to...

Snapshot 1 (19-04-2021 22-01).png

...and yes they did manage to 'sell' all of them. Supposedly real 'natural' diamonds as well.

Plus it's worth repeating that ANY watch where they display a stupid fake 'RRP' for the thing is immediately rendered worthless in my opinion, no matter how good it might actually be:

Snapshot 2 (19-04-2021 22-02).png

And the prize for the biggest disparity between 'Ideal World Price' and what they're actually selling it for goes to...

View attachment 21010

...and yes they did manage to 'sell' all of them. Supposedly real 'natural' diamonds as well.

Plus it's worth repeating that ANY watch where they display a stupid fake 'RRP' for the thing is immediately rendered worthless in my opinion, no matter how good it might actually be:

View attachment 21011

On eBay it is £397 + shipping but without the extortionate RRP.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/27463191...LV9HkAEnPlzUwIEjSKz22RHlJOBA3fx4aAvcbEALw_wcB

The Gevril watches with the ETA or Sellita movements are ok, RRP is ****** ridiculous though, but wouldn't touch the GV2's with the Ruben & Sons MD3G movement, according to caliber corner it looks very like a Miyota 8215 even has the Citizen Parashock system, which would be very, very strange for a supposedly Swiss made movement and watch.
I can't recall what Gevril watch it was, however I think they were selling it for £799ish. The brand ambassador (Jim?) said the watch was a great price and the movement alone wasn't much less. The way he worded it, it definitely came across as though the movement alone would cost close to £799. I know diddly squat about watch movement costs, however surely he was stretching the truth with his comment?

I can't recall what Gevril watch it was, however I think they were selling it for £799ish. The brand ambassador (Jim?) said the watch was a great price and the movement alone wasn't much less. The way he worded it, it definitely came across as though the movement alone would cost close to £799. I know diddly squat about watch movement costs, however surely he was stretching the truth with his comment?
ETA 2824 in the watch you mention are approx Prices generally range from $200-$300 USD, but at the time of this post, the gold tone 2824-2 can be purchased for $236.20 USD here, and the nickel plated for $262.42 USD here.

I didn't see that bit, but as Ronzy says, the movement wouldn't be near close to £799, even the dearest movement in a couple of the other Gevril watches (those that were £1299) wouldn't have come close to that figure, that movement is the Sellita SW500, automatic chronograph, it's Sellita's answer to the ETA 7750. It's hard to tell the price, some selling around $300-$400 on places like ebay, depends what kinda wholesale deal they have with Sellita, would imagine it's probably in the £300 to £350 range at most.

Jim Clawley is his name, Sales Director at the Dartmouth Brands & Managing Director of Momentum Consult LTD

They really don't want to use the word "Diet" when selling the Jane Plan, do they. :ROFLMAO:

Jane - "we all know about diets, we talked about them earlier and i'm classic at this, I've done every diet going, my weights been up, down, I've yo yoed, nothing ever worked for me until I finally, finally stopped dieting and put myself on my own healthy eating plan."

So is that the reason your book in front of Shona is called "The Jane Plan Diet"? :oops::ROFLMAO:

Must think we're all blind as well as stupid. :rolleyes:

I didn't see that bit, but as Ronzy says, the movement wouldn't be near close to £799, even the dearest movement in a couple of the other Gevril watches (those that were £1299) wouldn't have come close to that figure, that movement is the Sellita SW500, automatic chronograph, it's Sellita's answer to the ETA 7750. It's hard to tell the price, some selling around $300-$400 on places like ebay, depends what kinda wholesale deal they have with Sellita, would imagine it's probably in the £300 to £350 range at most.

Jim Clawley is his name, Sales Director at the Dartmouth Brands & Managing Director of Momentum Consult LTD
Thanks guys. Yeah I'm probably being picky however he didn't say 'will cost a good portion of' he definitely intimated the movement wasn't much less than the selling price.

They really don't want to use the word "Diet" when selling the Jane Plan, do they. :ROFLMAO:

Jane - "we all know about diets, we talked about them earlier and i'm classic at this, I've done every diet going, my weights been up, down, I've yo yoed, nothing ever worked for me until I finally, finally stopped dieting and put myself on my own healthy eating plan."

So is that the reason your book in front of Shona is called "The Jane Plan Diet"? :oops::ROFLMAO:

Must think we're all blind as well as stupid. :rolleyes:
Jane Plan, spend £120 on the product and £200 on fruit & veg to make it taste decent ;)

Thanks guys. Yeah I'm probably being picky however he didn't say 'will cost a good portion of' he definitely intimated the movement wasn't much less than the selling price.
Yes I heard that and thought the same, what you on with Jim. 😆 Same as they are made near the shore of Lake Geneva. No Jim, nowhere near either now or back in 1743 in as far as I can see on Google maps.

I hardly watch IW these days but sometimes I tune in briefly just to see what they're up to. Each time I do I seem to be confronted by Foghorn Jacks. Needless to say she's only able to get one shriek out before the 'change channel' button takes effect.

I hardly watch IW these days but sometimes I tune in briefly just to see what they're up to. Each time I do I seem to be confronted by Foghorn Jacks. Needless to say she's only able to get one shriek out before the 'change channel' button takes effect.

It gets a bit monotonous listening to their constant check out your baskets, stock flying out the door, deceitful demos, hypocrisy, contradictions or their out and out lies about products or the brands.

Although some of their watch shows are still good for a laugh, especially listening to the likes of Baby Fields or Miss Precision making complete fools of themselves pretending to be experts when it's patently obvious from their rantings that they are anything but. ;):ROFLMAO:

Yeah I'm the same, hardly watch. It shows you how often they trot out the selly telly guff as, even if you just hop on once a week, roughly 3 secs after doing so you'll hear them say 'crazy busy', 'meltdown', 'check out now or miss out!' blah blah blah.

Auto-pilot mode regardless of how busy they actually are. Jeez, you can hop on at 2.40am and they're apparently 'crazy busy' ha ha HAaaa...

Talking of the guff they spout, I hopped on last night and they were selling e-bikes for £999. Peter S assured us that not only are e-bikes very difficult to get hold of at present for consumers, but if we do we'll likely be paying £2,000 plus.

I suggest Peter 'I tell it like it is me' Simon goes on the Halford's website and does a search for e-bikes. Sort them from price low-high. Then perhaps reconsider the aforementioned statement ;)

Talking of the guff they spout, I hopped on last night and they were selling e-bikes for £999. Peter S assured us that not only are e-bikes very difficult to get hold of at present for consumers, but if we do we'll likely be paying £2,000 plus.

I suggest Peter 'I tell it like it is me' Simon goes on the Halford's website and does a search for e-bikes. Sort them from price low-high. Then perhaps reconsider the aforementioned statement ;)

That was the same ebikes, the swift, that we were told on a few shows, a few days ago, would sell out, so must check out, and the same story about hard to get, nobody has ebikes and you'd probably be paying £2000 if you did find any.

Just a bunch of liars, pure and simple.

Latest posts

Back