Brand Ambassador Anouska Lancaster

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

That blog sounds like a direct dig at Kelly.
Also she misses the purpose of simple neutral interiors for many people: a bright and eclectic look is not for everyone. You may come home for a sanctuary, and peace.. even if you wear peacock colours all day when you are out and about...maybe you crave peahen colours to unwind
What a descriptive way of putting things.
I’m the other way, peahen out, peacock home.

I decided to found Noushka Design as I was bored of seeing nondescript interiors. Interiors that were lifeless, dull, and that didn't tell a story. I often use fashion as a parallel when it comes to explaining my philosophy on Interior Design: You should dress your house, like you dress yourself. I rarely see anyone going out top to toe in grey cotton, without an accessory or even a handbag. What you wear speaks volumes about your personality, your individuality and your sense of style. Your interior should do the same.

Wow.

Pardon my French, but I think the only word for her is 'dickhead'.

This quote is from an article in 'Drift- The Pinnacle Of Luxury Lifestyle In Cornwall', I assume it's a magazine, & all I can say is "Get you".

Anouska does admit that she’s “nervous about renting Rose Cottage”, having put so much into it. “But I think there’s a massive market out there – particularly Londoners who like boutique hotels and cool places like Soho House – who want that same level of design and inspiration. And I don’t think many places in Cornwall are offering that at the moment.”

This quote is from an article in 'Drift- The Pinnacle Of Luxury Lifestyle In Cornwall', I assume it's a magazine, & all I can say is "Get you".

Anouska does admit that she’s “nervous about renting Rose Cottage”, having put so much into it. “But I think there’s a massive market out there – particularly Londoners who like boutique hotels and cool places like Soho House – who want that same level of design and inspiration. And I don’t think many places in Cornwall are offering that at the moment.”
Humble bragging at its finest. And having seen those pictures of it, it will have "niche appeal", imo.

'Humble bragging' is a brilliant description & I can think of several people I know who do it regularly. May I steal your words?
I can't take credit for the coinage. I dislike it a lot.
Toot your own horn, of course, but don't belittle others in the process; and don't pretend that you aren't doing it!
We Brits are likely to find it appealing as culturally we are bad at accepting compliments and can seem churlish when responding...and that streak in us that prefers the underdog and the plucky amateur reinforces an attitude that we don't easily accept compliments, and find it hard to have enough real faith in our abilities to actually say "I'm really good at this".
As she may well work internationally, or aspire to, she needs to learn better.
I wish she could just say she was proud of her work and had a market demographic in mind? Not hard, imo.
Yes, some will love to spend time in a brightly decorated interior designer's holiday cottage. Equally, it won't appeal to some for the same reasons.

I can't take credit for the coinage. I dislike it a lot.
Toot your own horn, of course, but don't belittle others in the process; and don't pretend that you aren't doing it!
We Brits are likely to find it appealing as culturally we are bad at accepting compliments and can seem churlish when responding...and that streak in us that prefers the underdog and the plucky amateur reinforces an attitude that we don't easily accept compliments, and find it hard to have enough real faith in our abilities to actually say "I'm really good at this".
As she may well work internationally, or aspire to, she needs to learn better.
I wish she could just say she was proud of her work and had a market demographic in mind? Not hard, imo.
Yes, some will love to spend time in a brightly decorated interior designer's holiday cottage. Equally, it won't appeal to some for the same reasons.
My neighbour loves Claire Sutton & is beyond excited that she's managed to book a week at Claire's new flat in Suffolk; the dates on the calendar have been ringed in sparkly pink glitter & are being crossed off...

Humble bragging is up there with smugness which is something I hate.

Every time I see that woman on the Peleton advert I want to smack her soooooo hard it’s nearly a criminal offence.

My neighbour loves Claire Sutton & is beyond excited that she's managed to book a week at Claire's new flat in Suffolk; the dates on the calendar have been ringed in sparkly pink glitter & are being crossed off...

beautiful

I'd take Claire Sutton's taste over Anouska's, judging by that one room on her Instagram. I think she could have a second career doing that sort of thing...I'm sure she would have some useful contacts for it.

Anouska's taste is too niche and it doesn't seem as if she's willing to adapt to suit the client - not good if you're expecting subtlety. I'm a peacock out, and peahen at home, btw.

Been on Rightmove again 🤭😂
Anyone else think this was the previous Adleburg property sale?

Latest posts

Back