Eilidh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It really irritates me when they say they're going to buy a product as soon as they get off-air. Shut up, let the guest talk and order on your iPad. Or do your job properly and have a good look at the items coming up before go get on-air. Then you'll know whether you like it and can truthfully tell us all you've just ordered it.

I've caught a few presenters saying they're ordering straight away on one show then a few days later on another show say the same thing about the same item :rolleyes:
This old chestnut has long since been exhausted. We can smell the fakery through our TV screens!

Yes, exactly. Like it's all a script, and she's desperately trying to remember it verbatim. I've never seen anyone so naturally awkward on television before - it's almost like her career's advisor had a bit of a brain fart that day and just blurted out 'TV presenter' when the young Eilidh was seeking some options for the end of her GCSEs.
She's supposedly an actress!

I personally don’t think they should have their iPads when presenting. They’re not necessary in my opinion. Any tweets or questions could scroll along the bottom of the screen. Some of the presenters clutch their iPads like a comfort blanket and it’s even worse when they order something in the middle of a show. IF they bothered to look at the goods that are coming up in the show then they could order something before they go on air.

Imagine if shop assistants were glued to their iPads when you went into a stop. How many of us would walk out? After all, QVC is just a shop and the presenters are technically just sales assistants so, as far as I’m concerned, there’s no difference.

I suspect I'm alone here - I like Eilidh. No on ewis as bad as Claire /Kathy/Alex & for that I'm grateful.
Good grief Sissy, first Miceal & now Eilidh. Just because someone isn't as bad as others doesn't mean you have to be grateful. There are more than 8 billion people on the planet & the Q has these inadequate individuals peddling its tat.

Is she the one who constantly jabbers about when we ‘get this back’ about everything we order instead of ‘get this home’. For some reason it REALLY irritates me. Mute button.
Hmm, you would have thought that given her chosen 'profession' (I use the world loosely), that she would at least know how to put coherent and grammatically correct sentences together!

I say this at least once a year, so apols if you’ve heard it before !

I was moved into a job that required speaking to groups, conferences, presenting documents to overseas clients etc. Before I was let loose on my audience I had to do a training course on ‘public speaking’. All of the presentations were recorded, the tutor played them back and picked them apart as part of the training 😱

I assume that the presenters and some guests have not been through similar training. They should.

I know it's a bit wrong of me to pass comment on someone's looks, but I feel the need to because she doesn't always help herself and she is certainly not helped by the stylists/make up at Q. Here you have a very pretty lady who goes from looking like the pretty lady that she is to looking like nothing on earth! The latter usually applies when she's had the Q treatment. The Dannii Minogue fashion shoot was bad enough, when they put her in clothes that accentuated her skinniness and photographed her at angles that made her head look 3 times too big for her body. On a recent blog she was demonstrating benefit cosmetics and the close up pictures revealed terribly bloodshot eyes, caked on foundation that accentuated the lines around her eyes, and made her face look shiny and full of open pores. I think with Eilidh, less is more and most of the time she looks great. All I can say is ditch the close ups, and ditch the beetle-bug glasses!

Last edited:
I know it's a bit wrong of me to pass comment on someone's looks, but I feel the need to because she doesn't always help herself and she is certainly not helped by the stylists/make up at Q. Here you have a very pretty lady who goes from looking like the pretty lady that she is to looking like nothing on earth! The latter usually applies when she's had the Q treatment. The Dannii Minogue fashion shoot was bad enough, when they put her in clothes that accentuated her skinniness and photographed her at angles that made her head look 3 times to big for her body. On a recent blog she was demonstrating benefit cosmetics and the close up pictures revealed terribly bloodshot eyes, caked on foundation that accentuated the lines around her eyes, and made her face look shiny and full of open pores. I think with Eilidh, less is more and most of the time she looks great. All I can say is ditch the close ups, and ditch the beetle-bug glasses!
She's in her 40s & has a voice, let's face it she uses it enough, so should be assertive about how she's being 'styled'. She may not have total control of the garments she has to wear but she does over her hair & to be brutal it's too dark, too long & does absolutely nothing for her. I've just scrolled through her Insta photos & she looked much better when her hair was lighter, however, even in her personal photos her clothes never look quite right; Helena Bonham Carter can get away with being mismatched, Eilidh looks messy. The Q is a business & the only thing that matters is profit, having people represent it when not looking their best isn't in its commercial interests.

I think when significant changes happen in many women's lives it can result in losing your personal style...be it body changes due to weight gain, illness, or pregnancy...suddenly the clothes that were "safe" are suddenly making you look wrong...and it's very hard to make a mental shift to finding a new style...so for me it isn't as simple as someone telling you, but actually accepting that a fundamental change has happened, and opening yourself to styling and dressing differently to live up to your best points. It must be harder still when you are in the public eye.
I see all sorts of women of all shapes and sizes who look great in fashion looks that feel "wrong" on me. Normally it's because I don't feel comfortable or I don't recognise "me" dressed or styled in a different way. I think I am still in search of my new style, but keep trying different things along the way...still hoping to get shot of the weight I haven't shifted in over 10 years, so that thought sabotages me more than I give credit.
I wonder if that's the case for Eilidh?

I think when significant changes happen in many women's lives it can result in losing your personal style...be it body changes due to weight gain, illness, or pregnancy...suddenly the clothes that were "safe" are suddenly making you look wrong...and it's very hard to make a mental shift to finding a new style...so for me it isn't as simple as someone telling you, but actually accepting that a fundamental change has happened, and opening yourself to styling and dressing differently to live up to your best points. It must be harder still when you are in the public eye.
I see all sorts of women of all shapes and sizes who look great in fashion looks that feel "wrong" on me. Normally it's because I don't feel comfortable or I don't recognise "me" dressed or styled in a different way. I think I am still in search of my new style, but keep trying different things along the way...still hoping to get shot of the weight I haven't shifted in over 10 years, so that thought sabotages me more than I give credit.
She joined the Q in autumn 2015 & to be honest I think she's as gauche & tatty now as she was on Day One. Looking at her social media posts she's always dressed the same way, however, lighter hair suits her far more than dark.

She joined the Q in autumn 2015 & to be honest I think she's as gauche & tatty now as she was on Day One. Looking at her social media posts she's always dressed the same way, however, lighter hair suits her far more than dark.
Said it before, but I like her. Having said that, I'm a sucker for a Scottish, Isle of Ireland (?) & Geordie accent.
Is she as old as 40?

Also - It may be hard having a young baby & telly 'career' at a later age. Never know what goes on behind her front door.

You are so nice.....

Said it before, but I like her. Having said that, I'm a sucker for a Scottish, Isle of Ireland (?) & Geordie accent.
Is she as old as 40?

Also - It may be hard having a young baby & telly 'career' at a later age. Never know what goes on behind her front door.
She's 44.

It’s when she does that topknot with the rest of the hair all over the place that I wonder if she has aspersions to play in an amateur version of the Mikado.

Latest posts

Back