Who are your favourites?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

JulieB

Registered Shopper
I have to say that my favourite people on QVC are Alison Keenan, Dale, Craig, Keeley and the lady in Grey who does the Gatineau presentation and demonstration. My favourite model is the tall lady with blonde shortish hair I think her name is also Ali and she is very pretty.

Presenters - I find Charlie and Jilly easiest to watch, closely followed by Miceal and Jackie K (🤔).

guests - Yes, deffo June and Michaela. Plus Marie Francoise for Kipling, Simon Browne the “kitchen” man and Patrick Hoy the Quacker Man and general fashion guru.

in my opinion these guests are very good at telling us what we need to know about the items, despite “interference” by the presenters talking over them, reading from IPads etc.

I don't have 'favourites'. To me its like going in the Co-op every day, and seeing the same assistants on different shifts. I'll smile and say 'alright ?' but none are my friends and I certainly don't have favourites. I don't give them a second thought otherwise, and its the same with QVC. Some irritate immensely, others don't. If there is one that I find 'ok' to watch it would be Caroline Double-Barrelled name, with short pixie cut hair who is yet another stylist.

I think I must be odd. Have given it some thought, and I cant really say that I have a 'favourite' of anything. I might like some things more than others, or a preferred choice of other things, but maybe I did when I was younger and I've outgrown those emotions, I don't know.

My immediate thought was none of them... there are some who are not unbearable to watch. Lots of the guests I like don't seem to be on much, if at all, these days. I like Rosa from Yankee Candles, I don't mind Alison O'Reilly the eek guest, and for fashion I don't mind Carla Laszlo and Patrick Hoy. I also quite like Beefie Keithy the Vionics guest. He's a seasoned selly telly presenter, and he's got the routine down pat. I also don't mind Glenn Campbell.
Female presenters qualifying as tolerable would be Jilly Halliday and Anne Dawson, neither of whom are welded to their iPad...male presenters would be Charlie and Dale.
I sound very lukewarm about them, don't I? It sums up how i feel about Q.

I don't have 'favourites'. To me its like going in the Co-op every day, and seeing the same assistants on different shifts. I'll smile and say 'alright ?' but none are my friends and I certainly don't have favourites. I don't give them a second thought otherwise, and its the same with QVC. Some irritate immensely, others don't. If there is one that I find 'ok' to watch it would be Caroline Double-Barrelled name, with short pixie cut hair who is yet another stylist.

I think I must be odd. Have given it some thought, and I cant really say that I have a 'favourite' of anything. I might like some things more than others, or a preferred choice of other things, but maybe I did when I was younger and I've outgrown those emotions, I don't know.
Totally agree re Caroline Thingy. Seems a decent person and one who does actually look really funky. Also talks about the clothes not herself...

I have to say that my favourite people on QVC are Alison Keenan, Dale, Craig, Keeley and the lady in Grey who does the Gatineau presentation and demonstration. My favourite model is the tall lady with blonde shortish hair I think her name is also Ali and she is very pretty.
Ali is nice I have met her a few times out and about. Even prettier in real life and very friendly.

I met AY years ago she was in Laura Geller’s then studios in NY, she stopped what she was doing and came over for a chat.She made a kind comment about my makeup, I was absolutely melting at the time it was an unseasonably hot day!
LG was very nice too.

My immediate thought was none of them... there are some who are not unbearable to watch. Lots of the guests I like don't seem to be on much, if at all, these days. I like Rosa from Yankee Candles, I don't mind Alison O'Reilly the eek guest, and for fashion I don't mind Carla Laszlo and Patrick Hoy. I also quite like Beefie Keithy the Vionics guest. He's a seasoned selly telly presenter, and he's got the routine down pat. I also don't mind Glenn Campbell.
Female presenters qualifying as tolerable would be Jilly Halliday and Anne Dawson, neither of whom are welded to their iPad...male presenters would be Charlie and Dale.
I sound very lukewarm about them, don't I? It sums up how i feel about Q.
I could have written this comment!

It's a bit of fun - None of them we know personally, but we have picked up upon about the way they come across eg, Knuckles Kramer - The "mean girl" we all knew at school, Del-Boy, who'd sell her own grandmother if the price was right, "Queen" Julia - We second guess what they're like when they're off screen and have a bliddy good laugh about it. I agree that they need to be professional, but can't that be a little bit boring? I would say that a lot of them do bring a little bit too much of them to work, and promote themselves more than they do the product they're trying to sell, but on the whole they're good value for this forum (even if some of them drive you nuts). The ones I chose as my favourites were based upon them having what I'd call a pleasant demeanour, and yes the sort of person I would like serving me in the Co-Op, who might smile and give you a pleasant exchange instead of lobbing the goods in your general direction, whilst they chat to a colleague without acknowledging your presence!

I can tolerate most of them for the odd half hour, when they act silly 'I jump on my mute button' :) I do like the Caroline mentioned above, she just seem to do what she is payed to do .

Voices are important to me. Chuntley has the most musical voice. It is low pitched and not at all nasal. Craig's voice is pleasant, as are Jill Frank's and Julia's. Jilly is very nasal. The person with the most unpleasant voice is the one they call Knuckles Kramer. The short haired guest mentioned above has a horrible voice. She talks right through her nose.

I like Jackie Kabler, Glen Campbell, Anne Dawson, Simon Brown, oh and don't forget Richard Jackson :D

June is lovely on Frank Usher and I don't mind Antthony for a bit of off the wall ridiculousness.

CC

Some voices and accents drive me to the mute button. I like Rosa and Chunts because they are calm and quite low pitched with no desperate shouting and hectoring. For me, the best presenters/guests are the ones who make me forget it’s selly telly. That does NOT mean I want to hear inane drivel. Calm and pleasant does the trick.

Latest posts

Back