Right, Um, Yeah, Ok, Right....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He has a wonderful & genuine smile. I love his positive attitude & that he's contented with his life. He's always working, the Q is just a small part of what he does, & he's made the most of every opportunity. He's never forgotten his Yorkshire roots, loves his home & has lived in the same place for years. He's a real family man, & obviously adores his wife, but never gushes about them. He looks good, for a man who's just turned 60 he looks really good & in our increasingly down at heel country that's important to me; I like pretty, I enjoy clothes & I have no time for scruffy. My paternal grandparents endured two world wars, my maternal grandparents came to this country with their lives in a couple of suitcases & even though their clothes were well worn & mended every photo I have shows them smartly dressed.
Yes, he has a nice smile and a sense of humour. I don't know anything about his family life, so I accept what you say. But, I don't think he dresses well and if he would lose the beard, I think he would look better and younger. He is always well groomed, however, and seems to want to keep up to date with men's fashion. I admire him for having succeeded in an industry very difficult to get a foot into. I believe this has been much more challenging for him as a Black man. For this, I say 'Well done, Glen. You are an inspiration to many.' His Yorkshire accent is fine, but his delivery is too fast and his diction very unclear.

He seems to be a decent enough guy but he just says too many words, all in a monotone, which makes my brain switch off. Less is more, Glen.

He repeats the same "stock Phrases" over and over again. QVC must pay a fortune in wages to these "celebrity" presenters and that must contribute to the uber high cost of the middling styles.

Totally agree Boffy. There is no difference in what he says now and what he said 15 years ago. He should be called Glen Groundhog (day) because he's stuck on repeat.

Dress it up, dress it down
Little white T
.... wear it with some denims
.... put on some little white pumps (ha ! not so little if you're a size 9 !)
ideal for meeting the girls for lunch or the school run
.... nice smart blazer over the top
... and you're good to go

Honest to G is it REALLY hard to do that job ?????? anyone with a good sense of description, a bit of imagination and great at handwaving could walk it !!

Totally agree Boffy. There is no difference in what he says now and what he said 15 years ago. He should be called Glen Groundhog (day) because he's stuck on repeat.

Dress it up, dress it down
Little white T
.... wear it with some denims
.... put on some little white pumps (ha ! not so little if you're a size 9 !)
ideal for meeting the girls for lunch or the school run
.... nice smart blazer over the top
... and you're good to go

Honest to G is it REALLY hard to do that job ?????? anyone with a good sense of description, a bit of imagination and great at handwaving could walk it !!

You’re forgetting the crisp white shirt, the skinny belt and that footwear and trousers are in the singular- otherwise spot on lol!

I'm not disagreeing with anyone, however (hah!), how many of us have just gone into a company meeting and nodded and said yes and trotted out the company line, agreed with everyone and said every idea is wonderful and a good one. It's a job. I like Glen, he's doing a job and for me he's quite entertaining.

CC

I challenge any of us not to fall into a rut with stock phrases when presenting Q fashion!
I think Q want repetition to an extent, as they work in the basis there are new people tuning in every minute…so it is only repetitious for those watching many hours.

I do find it funny how many fashion guests talk about wardrobe staples that Q do not sell! Are they all desperately hinting to Q that they need to have some more choice of classic wardrobe items…and maybe fewer polyester horrors? I suspect so, but they are doing a job and it wouldn’t be professional or wise to be so blunt: especially on air!

I challenge any of us not to fall into a rut with stock phrases when presenting Q fashion!
I think Q want repetition to an extent, as they work in the basis there are new people tuning in every minute…so it is only repetitious for those watching many hours.

I do find it funny how many fashion guests talk about wardrobe staples that Q do not sell! Are they all desperately hinting to Q that they need to have some more choice of classic wardrobe items…and maybe fewer polyester horrors? I suspect so, but they are doing a job and it wouldn’t be professional or wise to be so blunt: especially on air!
We all have stock phrases, you only have to work in a school to know that! My Mr T has been doing his part time work from home & Victoria Wood could have composed a brilliant song about his phone calls.

Another stock phrase he (and others) come up with is, "This is a real work-horse of a jacket", or " This piece is really gonna work hard for you in your wardrobe" - What, is it going to make sure that everything's tidy and hasn't fallen off the hangers, or your shoes are all neat, then have a little dust around while it's there? No, didn't think so! I think "versatile" is the word they're looking for!

We all have stock phrases, you only have to work in a school to know that! My Mr T has been doing his part time work from home & Victoria Wood could have composed a brilliant song about his phone calls.
Since “retiring” from full time work, I work part time as a school cleaner.
I wish one of those stock phrases was “don’t empty your pencil sharpeners on the floor, use the bin! “
Or indeed “use the bin, not the floor” generally😞

Another old marketing ploy used is 'you're loving this', which puts it in the mind of the viewer that there is a rush on to buy it.

I think they live in a dreamworld where apparently we all have a capsule wardrobe with the same wardrobe staples - little pump, crisp white blouse, denim jean etc - so all we need are top-ups which Q is very happy to sell at a premium.

Nothing like my clothes, sadly, which are a total mish-mash.

Since “retiring” from full time work, I work part time as a school cleaner.
I wish one of those stock phrases was “don’t empty your pencil sharpeners on the floor, use the bin! “
Or indeed “use the bin, not the floor” generally😞
Back in the day when banks recruited hoardes of school leavers every July, our office cleaners regularly complained about the state of the floors (seemingly these kids hadn’t seen paper clips and blotting paper before). One cleaner left a note on the manager’s desk - “when the floor is full, please start using the bin”.

Latest posts

Back