Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It's a good job they're selling the deep sea diving watch as I'm confident a lot of the IW watch collectors are deep sea divers.

I laugh at a bit where they said it sits well on the wrist, it's 46mm in diam and 28.5mm deep/thick, no way that sits well on a wrist, unless you've huge wrists. Ok it's made from Titanium so won't be as heavy as SS, but it'll still be a 265g beast on the wrist, like wearing some of the huge Invicta monstrosities.

The Energia which is huge is only 17mm deep, or the RGMT 2000m demolition is 20mm, so even these beasts are small in comparison. :eek:

I laugh at a bit where they said it sits well on the wrist, it's 46mm in diam and 28.5mm deep/thick, no way that sits well on a wrist, unless you've huge wrists. Ok it's made from Titanium so won't be as heavy as SS, but it'll still be a 265g beast on the wrist, like wearing some of the huge Invicta monstrosities.

The Energia which is huge is only 17mm deep, or the RGMT 2000m demolition is 20mm, so even these beasts are small in comparison. :eek:
28mm thick!!,
That’s not a watch. It’s a top hat for the wrist! 😱

I know they've always been bad for the hard sell, but I think they're maybe getting worse. Especially with the introduction of the 'Marketplace.' I heard Paul B last night say something like 'at just £4 on 10 open pays, fill your boots.' Yeah but as we all know, multiple little purchases here and there soon add up. And at the rate IW want people to buy, you'd have a monthly bill running into the hundreds if not thousands!

I, and I'm not joking, think selly telly should legally have to show an equivalent of the 'gamble aware' and 'when the fun stops, stop' messages that gambling channels and websites need to show. To me, gambling sites encourage those with a gambling problem (hence them legally needing to show those messages) and it can be argued selly telly encourage those with buying stuff problems to buy. No safeguards in place whatsoever.

Yeah they try and make every payment sound small, but as you say, if you are not careful all these small payments can soon mount up. They should be acting in a more responsible manner, but I doubt IW no the meaning of that, they are only interested in making money by any means possible.
It's one of the things that annoy me so much about IW, is that they are being successful by having low morals and ethics. In an Ideal World, folks like IW would be made to clean up their act or close down but unfortunately we live in a world where crooked businesses, scammers, fraudsters etc are allowed to prevail/ profit and those in authority don't seem bothered enough to put a stop to it.

I see they have Downland copper infused mattress toppers, protectors, pillows etc today. No doubt Sally and Peter will be saying they're the bees knees, everyone should have one. ;)

Oh but wait, the filling is hollow fibre. :eek: I do hope IW aren't going to do a flip flop and go all contradictory on us and recommend these products, because in the past IW "experts" like Shona, Knowles et al have described hollow fibre as a cheap, poor, and a crap filling for pillows etc, an not worthy of consideration. ;):ROFLMAO:
The guy that demo's pillows was on last night showing one that has a gap sewn into the ends for air to enter/leave, thus keeping the pillow (and your head) cooler. He said it basically acts 'like a pair of lungs' when you move your head around on the pillow letting air in/out.

But wait a sec, me confused. I thought, when buying their mattresses and pillows, you're supposed to sleep so soundly that you don't toss and turn?!? So your head wouldn't be moving around to create the air flow?!?

;)

EVENING YOU MUPPETS, SOMEONE GET ME A PINT!
LOOK AT MY NEW WATCH (waves it in peoples faces)
IT WEIGHS A TON!
IT'S MASSIVE!!
IT STILL WORKS AT 50,000 FEET!!!
IT COST ME A PACKET!!!
ONLY 1 OF THEM WAS MADE!!!
I BET YOU WISH YOU HAD A WATCH LIKE THIS YOU SLAGS!!!!
I BET YOU WISH YOU WERE LIKE ME, AM I RIGHT???????
TWAT ... WHERE'S MY PINT?!?!?

And in today's news, a covid vaccine centre has reported mile long queues. Management apologised and said they have adequate staff to administer vaccines, however a member of the public caused a bottleneck at the centre entrance. Apparently he was wearing a watch bought from a shopping channel called Ideal World and others in the queue were so impressed by the watch, they crowded the wearer asking multiple questions about the timepiece, believed to be a Swan & Edgar.

Ideal World have issued a warning, advising the public if they buy a watch from the channel they WILL be stopped by people to admire the timepiece and ask questions. Ideal World advise buying a long sleeved top from their online Marketplace to ensure their watches can be covered when required.

was just watching the end of last nights watch show again.

Shaun on the black traser - "this looks like another that going to sell out."

Nope, still there Shaun, so are the huge blue and yellow dive watches which you said had sold out.

Seems to be quite a regular occurrence, we're told they've sold out yet are still available next day. :rolleyes:

was just watching the end of last nights watch show again.

Shaun on the black traser - "this looks like another that going to sell out."

Nope, still there Shaun, so are the huge blue and yellow dive watches which you said had sold out.

Seems to be quite a regular occurrence, we're told they've sold out yet are still available next day. :rolleyes:
One of the people working in our local Asda used to be a presenter on Ideal World. I realised this when I asked them 'can you please direct me to the eggs?' and they said 'sorry we're sold out.'

It was at this point I noticed 100's of boxes of eggs directly behind them ...

'Sorry we've no pliers, wrenches or tape measures in stock, completely sold out, but I'll be sure to let you know when we have them back in ...'

man-in-tool-shop.jpg

Ok so Sally’s buying the Downland pillows.

So latest from our expert on Hollow Fibre Pillows, Topper etc.

"You can wash and Tumble dry" – Strange when selling My Pillow & GX etc he said hollow fibre goes lumpy and becomes uncomfortable if you wash them.

"Give plenty of support" – Strange again, when selling My Pillow & GX etc he said hollow fibre gave NO support, Shona and Alex actually throw them on the floor as they’re crap.

So there you have it, contrary to previous shows, Hollow Fibre makes a great filling for amazing, amazing, super, phenomenal Downland pillows, toppers etc.

And even more strange, they made absolutely no mention that the filling was Hollow Fibre, which as I say is strange as they really love to tell you about the other fillings used in pillows etc.

Jess selling Kasara trousers – “when I’m not working at IW, you’ll find me wearing either Proskins or Kasara.”

Really, what happened to the Emilia Bengalines, that every female presenter has 50 pairs off and wears all the time?

Mike Mason is currently on Create and Craft totally different person, calm and relaxed, letting Dawn Wheeler the expert just getting on with stuff.

He did call her royalty though, She did virtually live at the Premises for a year, more a loyal expert, than royalty.

He has done the im not rushing you, but so much has gone though

Bev on the VS20.20 Iron - "inside there , there is a special unit with a boiler."

Sorry Bev you are either a Liar or you're ignorant of the products, you're alleged to be an expert on and for the company you work for. Given the crap you spout flogging the Polti vacuum i'm going for the former.

The VS20.20 does NOT contain a boiler. Yeah some of Polti's Steam Generator Irons have a boiler, but they are way more expensive and the VS20.20 is most definitely not one of them. :rolleyes:

Ok listening to another male presenter that acts weird around women's shoes/clothing and the model, pretty sure all the blokes on IW are closet cross-dressers, but anyway i've come to the conclusion that non of the Ideal World staff's mothers are capable of shopping, every presenter and model seems to buy everything for their mothers, from shoes to mattresses, chairs to clothes, from kitchen appliances to cleaning equipment, from cosmetics to health supplements, there doesn't seem to be a product that they haven't bought for their mothers.

The other conclusion i've come to, is none of them must like their fathers very much, as the only time father gets mentioned is as sales tactic for watches on the run up to fathers day, and it's usually viewers fathers that they are talking about, you don't hear them say bought this watch for my dad, or bought my dad this air fryer etc etc, yet buying stuff for their mothers is mentioned on a daily basis. :unsure:

Ok listening to another male presenter that acts weird around women's shoes/clothing and the model, pretty sure all the blokes on IW are closet cross-dressers, but anyway i've come to the conclusion that non of the Ideal World staff's mothers are capable of shopping, every presenter and model seems to buy everything for their mothers, from shoes to mattresses, chairs to clothes, from kitchen appliances to cleaning equipment, from cosmetics to health supplements, there doesn't seem to be a product that they haven't bought for their mothers.

The other conclusion i've come to, is none of them must like their fathers very much, as the only time father gets mentioned is as sales tactic for watches on the run up to fathers day, and it's usually viewers fathers that they are talking about, you don't hear them say bought this watch for my dad, or bought my dad this air fryer etc etc, yet buying stuff for their mothers is mentioned on a daily basis. :unsure:
Yeah they throw every sales technique possible at the viewer. Pressure through things like the countdown timer, a constant reminder to check out and that stocks are low (even when they're not), making the family connection as you say through the 'I've bought this for x' or the classic connection directly with the presenter through the 'I've bought one of these' technique.

I'm pleased that my nature when it comes to sales (generally skeptical of everything I'm told) means I'm pretty much immune to all this. I feel sorry for those that aren't (as in people that have a genuine problem with compulsive buying), hence me saying these channels should be legally forced to have reminders for viewers to only buy what they can afford to and to stop buying when they cross that line. To me they're in the same arena as gambling channels and websites and no, I'm not joking. Buy buy buy, pressure pressure pressure, all wrapped up in faux smiles and 'we're all family' bullsh1t.

In it's entirety, some of the stuff they spout will be true ... much of it won't.

Jane Plan gruel was being touted the other night, it looked amazing ...

... thanks to all the added fruit and veg ;) the actual product they were touting added very little to the overall effect.
There's a Jane Plan 'testimonial' that must be the equivalent of Megan's eLife bikes review which ends in someone's husband being upset that the wife had stopped doing the Jane Plan, but if the Jane Plan is so amazing in so many different ways then why did the wife stop it in the first place? Must be something to do that it's no longer directly being promoted as a diet to the point that they mysteriously no longer mention the D-word though I did hear them mention the expression 'portion control' three times in a roundabout way. Hmmm...possibly because Ideal World's scared of implying its viewers are fat or need to lose weight despite selling lots of 'keep fit' equipment (y)

Also last night, Martin the watch guest was in full lies mode on the Kenneth Cole watch spiel, saying things like if you ask anyone within the watch industry about them they will say that they are legendary (hahahaha) or being equally hilarious Kenneth Cole have stayed true to their roots by never moving from New York (hahahahahahahaha). You mean, as with trying not to show the back of the watch because it might give away its New CHINA York roots more like.

There's a Jane Plan 'testimonial' that must be the equivalent of Megan's eLife bikes review which ends in someone's husband being upset that the wife had stopped doing the Jane Plan, but if the Jane Plan is so amazing in so many different ways then why did the wife stop it in the first place? Must be something to do that it's no longer directly being promoted as a diet to the point that they mysteriously no longer mention the D-word though I did hear them mention the expression 'portion control' three times in a roundabout way. Hmmm...possibly because Ideal World's scared of implying its viewers are fat or need to lose weight despite selling lots of 'keep fit' equipment (y)

Also last night, Martin the watch guest was in full lies mode on the Kenneth Cole watch spiel, saying things like if you ask anyone within the watch industry about them they will say that they are legendary (hahahaha) or being equally hilarious Kenneth Cole have stayed true to their roots by never moving from New York (hahahahahahahaha). You mean, as with trying not to show the back of the watch because it might give away its New CHINA York roots more like.
Yeah, even more strange when you consider the word diet is still used on their website ;)

They refer to plans designed to help people lose weight ... surely that's a form of diet?

'Jane Plan, spend £100 on our product and then £200 on fruit and veg to make it taste half decent ...'

Makes me laugh when they basically tell us it's essential these days to own products that clean to the nth degree e.g. cleaning sprays, floor scrubbers, carpet washers, steam cleaners etc. I was a kid of the 70's/80's and whilst my mum kept a clean house, she never owned all that sort of stuff, most people didn't. Ok granted, some of the products weren't mass-market at that time. My point is, without all these 'required' cleaning products, I don't recall people getting more/less coughs and colds than people get nowadays?

As for the carpet washers, I am not a fan. I reckon semi-regular use would do domestic carpets more harm than good, and don't tell me all the moisture is sucked out of the underlay and the floor itself. Water plays havoc with modern chipboard flooring. Might have a place for cleaning up spillages and the occasional cleaning of obviously dirty carpets, however sometimes they say start cleaning new carpets after they've been down for only a few months.

nah ...

Latest posts

Back