Wondered where this thread had got to ?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Vienna

Registered Shopper
I was looking for the reasons not to buy from QVC thread and it had disappeared and is now under QVC brands not on the telly. The thing is many of the posts aren`t brands from QVC and it was a place to post other companies selling items or to post deals or voucher codes. Places such as Aldi or clothing companies, ethical stores, Christmas or seasonal offers from other shops etc etc. I`ve a feeling this thread will now die a death because of its new title and its new position on the forum which will be sad.

I was looking for the reasons not to buy from QVC thread and it had disappeared and is now under QVC brands not on the telly. The thing is many of the posts aren`t brands from QVC and it was a place to post other companies selling items or to post deals or voucher codes. Places such as Aldi or clothing companies, ethical stores, Christmas or seasonal offers from other shops etc etc. I`ve a feeling this thread will now die a death because of its new title and its new position on the forum which will be sad.
That seems very odd and counter-productive to me.
It is also inaccurate! We post about alternatives to Q brands, not just Q brands. I wonder what prompted this move.
Maybe we will be able to provoke a change of heart? I certainly hope so 🥺

And WHY the change of name????

Last edited:
I’m assuming we will put all new threads in the Great Deals sub board and the existing ones from Q were just moved in entirety to the Q sub board, like a graveyard! I shall have to remember to look at two places now though because I only ever go straight into Q. I don’t quite understand what is meant by QVC brands not on the telly though, it’s still early!

That seems very odd and counter-productive to me.
It is also inaccurate! We post about alternatives to Q brands, not just Q brands. I wonder what prompted this move.
Maybe we will be able to provoke a change of heart? I certainly hope so 🥺

And WHY the change of name????
If you go to this link you will see the different sections within the new Bargain Hunter section. So brands not on Q can go in Great Deals section.

Graham has his reasons for making the change.

Maybe - pure speculation - Someone started being "nasty" (interpret that as you will) about it. But it's sad that it's had to have its name changed and the forum has lost out.

Or maybe not - if I see a better price elsewhere, I'll post it here anyway, see what happens and if my worst fears are confirmed and it disappears, then it will be obvious what's been happening.

Maybe - pure speculation - Someone started being "nasty" (interpret that as you will) about it. But it's sad that it's had to have its name changed and the forum has lost out.

Or maybe not - if I see a better price elsewhere, I'll post it here anyway, see what happens and if my worst fears are confirmed and it disappears, then it will be obvious what's been happening.
No nobody has been nasty about it.

As for a post you put on of something cheaper disappearing, why would that happen if it is in this new Bargain Hunter section?

No nobody has been nasty about it.

As for a post you put on of something cheaper disappearing, why would that happen if it is in this new Bargain Hunter section?
Because the new title implies that it's only for brands that aren't sold at QVC or wherever, and excludes brands that are sold at QVC or wherever that we find cheaper elsewhere.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong because this has been a brilliant thread so far and has definitely helped me find and post about, cheaper things found elsewhere.

Because the new title implies that it's only for brands that aren't sold at QVC or wherever, and excludes brands that are sold at QVC or wherever that we find cheaper elsewhere.

I'll be delighted if I'm wrong because this has been a brilliant thread so far and has definitely helped me find and post about, cheaper things found elsewhere.
The title means brands that are on Q but from other places that are not Q. There are six sub sections to the Bargain Hunter section of forum so any deal will belong in one of those.

Latest posts

Back