Excellence Awards

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

catzrcool

Registered Shopper
Well, I thought I would put my preferences forward, only to find none of the things I use are there. Obviously Elemis, Gatineau, Korres, Liz Earle, Ultrasun, even Dr Nassif from Botched. But nothing, absolutely nothing from M Asam, which I am currently using and love, even the best Anti-Ageing Product has nothing I have ever used. Pretty poor, I couldn't really in all honesty click any of the boxes, so I sacked it. Who picks all these brands for getting awards? Bet it isn't your ordinary, every day customer.

To be honest the"winners" are probably pre-chosen beforehand as a backhander for the biggest moneyspinners they sell. Nobody knows what everybody else is voting for, so they can get away with this sort of shenanigans. I bought Gale Hayman liplift because it won "customer's favourite product" at the qvc beauty awards and ended up paying more than £30 for a couple of small sticks of one of the crappest lip balms I've ever used. They know what they want us to buy. They put a survey forward to give it more kudos, but whether they take any notice of what people are saying is another matter. So yep, QVC choose and make it look like the customer has chosen!

I voted, but only use one of the things on their lists so I voted for brands that I didn’t think would get a vote. It won’t make any difference because I also think that most are chosen beforehand. They probably ask us to vote so that we feel involved and “part of the family.” 🙄

It’s like the saying this is our biggest selling……
When they don’t sell any other or the competition is only stocked in small amounts, hardly ever featured on air and very rarely in stock.

Will they be able to return to having an awards ceremony this year or will it still be done via Zoom or Teams? I did miss the hammed-up, walk of glory from the backstage area, where they'd been sitting on cheap garden furniture and sipping warm fizz to collect their award from the "resident, internationally renowned, most powerful woman in the British beauty industry" and their "humble and sincere" acceptance speech. 😼

I'm so out of touch with what they're doing, this is all news to me! I haven't bought any beauty products since I worked out how much I was spending on Decleor (loved that, but far too dear for my purse). Where do you find entry forms or voting slips or whatever?

Will they be able to return to having an awards ceremony this year or will it still be done via Zoom or Teams? I did miss the hammed-up, walk of glory from the backstage area, where they'd been sitting on cheap garden furniture and sipping warm fizz to collect their award from the "resident, internationally renowned, most powerful woman in the British beauty industry" and their "humble and sincere" acceptance speech. 😼
And above all, let us never forget that the walk took them past the mail trollies crammed with parcels. So glam! Just like the Oscars 😂.

I remember one of these award evenings, the guest who used to do that pillow spray (I think) was getting drunker and drunker as the evening went on.
At one point she was slouched in the chair with her dress riding higher and higher.
When they came back to that area, she was standing up pulling her dress back down and looking sheepish.
I'm not sure, but I don't she was the brand guest after that 🤭

Latest posts

Back