Chloe

• Thread starter Deleted member 22840
  • Start date
ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LATI yep agree with you on the articulation (although I've just said 'yep' ), but sadly most of the younger tele brigade - apart from newsreaders, are pretty rubbish at diction, so when 'g's are dropped and 't's are none existent I shut down and refuse to listen.

GEE4 I also agree with you about Julia, she is not exactly growing old either gracefully or glamorously. Her hair needs a good cut and a softer colour wouldn't go amiss, the black/dk brown is too harsh, and she is looking really tired. She wore a printed top earlier on but couldn't disguise the amount of weight she has put on around the middle, in her own words she's 'huuuuuuuuuge'.

I've wasted enough breath on Chloe.

Not one of them will listen to a word that's said here about hair. In fact, they'll probably keep it in the same style for longer, or make it look even more ridiculous (just because they can). So here's a challenge, then, and let's see what they come up with.

Julia's hair is sexy and makes her look younger.
A huge bun on top of a head of otherwise nice hair is to die for.
Jackie Kabler looks good with curled straw-coloured hair framing her face.
Melissa really suits the messy hair look. It makes her look trendy.
etc

:whistle:

I saw a bit of the other new girl, Ophelia? Yeah innit. Turned off. Sorry but if you're on TV presenting then speak properly. Talk how you like with your family and friends but step it up in your job. Sorry if I'm being a snob but if I can't listen to someone on a shopping channel then I'm not likely to buy anything they are selling.

CC
You're not being a snob, you're right. I had a teacher persona because that was my job. I saw her on the Julien McD hour & didn't think she was too bad, quite young in some respects, however, I didn't long enough to listen. The Q's really found the bottom of that barrel.

LATI yep agree with you on the articulation (although I've just said 'yep' ), but sadly most of the younger tele brigade - apart from newsreaders, are pretty rubbish at diction, so when 'g's are dropped and 't's are none existent I shut down and refuse to listen.
Apart from Clive Myrie on BBC1 News at Six - - - his intonation is all wrong, lots of emphasis on the wrong parts of words, and his voice going up and down in the wrong places, which can make serious news sound light-hearted.

Yes, Strato, I have to agree with you on him. He is currently the in-favour poster boy of the Beeb, but I'm not a fan. I've seen him on Dateline London as a contributor, and I wonder what the hell is he wearing a scarf for in the studio ? I can only imagine that's the in-look for the Primrose Hill/Notting Hill BBC fashion brigade. Yes he has this way of speaking as though he's an authority of what he's talking about, ok he might have done his stint as an overseas journalist, but at the end of the day, like the rest of them earning more than the Prime Minister, he's an autocue reader.

I watch Q very little these days and when I do venture it amounts to a maximum of 10 minutes.I just end up moaning about most of the presenters as they get on my nerves in some way and I feel I am ending up as a prime example of miserable old woman.
No, Silver Fox. There are probably hundreds of people feel the way you do. You ... never a miserable old woman.

Yes, Strato, I have to agree with you on him. He is currently the in-favour poster boy of the Beeb, but I'm not a fan. I've seen him on Dateline London as a contributor, and I wonder what the hell is he wearing a scarf for in the studio ? I can only imagine that's the in-look for the Primrose Hill/Notting Hill BBC fashion brigade. Yes he has this way of speaking as though he's an authority of what he's talking about, ok he might have done his stint as an overseasp, journalist, but at the end of the day, like the rest of them earning more than the Prime Minister, he's an autocue reader.
Being out of the loop, I don't know this man (and from your description, maybe I don't want to !) I like regional British accents, but not sloppy, ungrammatical speech. The comment on 'innit' made me laugh. Very South London. I dislike affected speech (the much loved June is guilty of this.) Ruth Langsford over enunciates. Why ? Craig confuses direct object with indirect object ('I' instead of 'me').

Although all round entertainers definitely aren’t my thing (Bruce Forsyth etc) I do like Bradley Walsh on The Chase but dear lord I just want to slap him when he says “what was you before you retired” and umpteen similar.

I didn't know she had her own range. Was it any good ? Why did it stop ?
It was called WithSleeves, designed for those of us whose upper arms have adopted a quilted appearance. It just stopped being shown but I have no idea why this happened unless people thought it was boring, see link below.

I have some sympathy for Julia. I suspect the medication for her illness is at least partly responsible for her weight gain and tired face. I agree though about the hair - compared to Alison Keenan it’s old fashioned and ageing.
I've wondered if it's because of her medication & posted that on here a few times, however, she has said that she's been managing her CML without anything for some time. Her arms & legs don't appear to be any bigger & she has the same features as her mum. She's an apple shape, defo more a Bramley than a Discovery at present, & her weight is very much around her middle; the combination of her ankle surgery & the amount of cakes she keeps baking is probably the reason for any spread. Being judgemental I think having at least six inches taken off her hair & choosing clothes that suit & fit her would be a good idea. I'm sure she would happily give me style advice too 😇

I saw a bit of the other new girl, Ophelia? Yeah innit. Turned off. Sorry but if you're on TV presenting then speak properly. Talk how you like with your family and friends but step it up in your job. Sorry if I'm being a snob but if I can't listen to someone on a shopping channel then I'm not likely to buy anything they are selling.

CC
I saw her the other day. Yeah gods. Her command of English is so poor. Dropping the letter 'g' off all words, shoppin, gettin, buyin, etc., putting random words together to try to make a sentence. She was on with Alexis from L'Occitane, who basically held the show together. She was stumbling around not knowing what was going on saying something had sold out when it hadn't. Overuse of the word 'wow', etc. She basically had very little hold on the show at all. She obviously has had no training, well none that I could see.

Latest posts

Back