Jill Franks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I lost faith and respect for JF years ago. I went through a rough time and saw her launching several beauty TSVs at midnight. Each brand was her favourite and almost every product was a "can't live without".

I happened to flip over last night and saw the backs of her hands. Her skin in so thin you can see blood vessels and bones. Not just by colour but... As if the skin was "embossed", almost as if bones/veins popping out. I've only seen people with that when they are very ill and extremely malnourished. There didn't seem to be any layer of flesh between bones/veins and her skin. It was only a few seconds so might have been a combination of bad camera angle, light, whatever, but, it looked dreadful to me.

The way she slathers lotions on her arms and slopping noise - makes me think of vomit hitting the floor. How she is always up for freebies. No. Sorry don't like her. She's not my most disliked presenter but she certainly hits the first team.
Wow, wouldn’t like to read a post on who you really disliked.

I don’t really understand that should someone who looks ill, thin, malnourished with very visible veins and bones, makes them a person that someone would want to dislike.
But maybe at the age of 20 during my nurse training witnessing young girls continually trying to leave the dining room without eating anything.
Being asked not to leave until they at least they had tried to have something to eat.

I don’t really understand that should someone who looks ill, thin, malnourished with very visible veins and bones, makes them a person that someone would want to dislike.
But maybe at the age of 20 during my nurse training witnessing young girls continually trying to leave the dining room without eating anything.
Being asked not to leave until they at least they had tried to have something to eat.
I can’t stand Jill but it’s nothing to do with what she looks like!
She can’t control that (or at least the elements she can’t control I wouldn’t criticise).
In fact I do find it bit double standards the way people (not you I don’t mean!), can be quite cruel about, say, Debbie Flint’s appearance, who isn’t skinny and is more because they don’t like her as a person...

I never used to like her and then one of her dogs was stolen and I just felt for her. That's one of the most awful things that could happen (obviously not before things happening to people) and now I can't not like her. I think she's improved since she was off ill but maybe that's just me.

Jill has always been really thin. She used to do the fitness equipment demos back in the day.

CC
I have never liked Jill and find her drivel inane and her presentation drippy and tedious and/or too try-hard.

Of course I feel SO sorry for her losing her beloved fur baby (as I would anyone), and then being off sick for so long etc, but that doesn’t affect my opinion of her as a presenter...

Several people said they’d warmed to her since she came back not long ago, so I gave her a chance.

Watched a Moda in Pelle TSV launch and one other and both were unbearable for me.

She was soo childish, laughing with chat in her ear and just about a minute behind the BA the whole time...
And the same old “jokes” about hating green, loving pink and getting cold - ooh and not knowing where her kitchen is and I was ready to weep and turn over...!
Sigh.
Sorry Jill sure she’s a nice lady IRL!

TT Lou you have said exactly what I think. Sorry she lost her pet and had problems with her throat but it doesnt make all her annoying habits as a selly telly presenter any less. I’m talking about her doing her job not what she may or not be in her personal life. If she wants to sell us stuff we have to want to listen and watch her otherwise what’s the point in her being there.

TT Lou you have said exactly what I think. Sorry she lost her pet and had problems with her throat but it doesnt make all her annoying habits as a selly telly presenter any less. I’m talking about her doing her job not what she may or not be in her personal life. If she wants to sell us stuff we have to want to listen and watch her otherwise what’s the point in her being there.
Glad it’s not just me! And I’m (I hope!) kind and empathetic in real life and on a personal level!

I lost faith and respect for JF years ago. I went through a rough time and saw her launching several beauty TSVs at midnight. Each brand was her favourite and almost every product was a "can't live without".

I happened to flip over last night and saw the backs of her hands. Her skin in so thin you can see blood vessels and bones. Not just by colour but... As if the skin was "embossed", almost as if bones/veins popping out. I've only seen people with that when they are very ill and extremely malnourished. There didn't seem to be any layer of flesh between bones/veins and her skin. It was only a few seconds so might have been a combination of bad camera angle, light, whatever, but, it looked dreadful to me.

The way she slathers lotions on her arms and slopping noise - makes me think of vomit hitting the floor. How she is always up for freebies. No. Sorry don't like her. She's not my most disliked presenter but she certainly hits the first team.
Wow, I hope Jill doesn't come on here, quite cruel to pick on her appearance the way you have.

I have never liked Jill and find her drivel inane and her presentation drippy and tedious and/or too try-hard.

Of course I feel SO sorry for her losing her beloved fur baby (as I would anyone), and then being off sick for so long etc, but that doesn’t affect my opinion of her as a presenter...

Several people said they’d warmed to her since she came back not long ago, so I gave her a chance.

Watched a Moda in Pelle TSV launch and one other and both were unbearable for me.

She was soo childish, laughing with chat in her ear and just about a minute behind the BA the whole time...
And the same old “jokes” about hating green, loving pink and getting cold - ooh and not knowing where her kitchen is and I was ready to weep and turn over...!
Sigh.
Sorry Jill sure she’s a nice lady IRL!
Totally agree, I couldn't have said it better myself

Jill Franks seems to be a Marmite person - some love her, some loathe her. I don't mind her at all and I used to think I was the only one, there seemed to be so many threads about her, but I'm obviously not.

No, I don't mine her crystal.

Strangely, she seems very well liked by the people who work with her. There was a video of a wedding she attended of a backstage member didn't see any of the others presenters at it. So perhaps she is different when not working? Going to lunch with AY etc.

As for the hands, well I am not thin, but you can see clearly my veins and bones along the top of my hands. It was comment to me in my first job at 16 by an older woman. She just said you must have very clear skin on your hands. Doesn't help when the nurse is taking blood they never seem to find a vein up my arm. :unsure:

As for the hands, well I am not thin, but you can see clearly my veins and bones along the top of my hands. It was comment to me in my first job at 16 by an older woman. She just said you must have very clear skin on your hands. Doesn't help when the nurse is taking blood they never seem to find a vein up my arm. :unsure:
My hands are the same with the bones and veins clearly visible and I am most certainly not undernourished. The last time I had a blood test the nurse couldn’t find a vein in my arm and took the blood from the back of my hand.

The benchmark for Q is so low that presenters you wouldn’t give the time of day to don’t seem as awful as others. Unfortunately it doesn’t mean they are good presenters just more tolerable .
I do like the way Jill looks into the camera and thanks the viewers for tuning in.
The lack of tension in the way she speaks now, where before she had a clenched jaw is most welcome. The gasping ald literally breathless delivery is gone, replaced by a slower delivery. She is now easier to watch.
Jill's physical appearance has been negatively commented on over the years. Iggy Pop, Skeletor to name but two examples on this forum. Yes Jill is very slim, maybe too slim. Maybe there are issues behind it, maybe it's a natural state and she is one who can't put weight on.
Jill still has the annoying habit of talking about the stock as if it was her stock. She still trots out the lines about skincare she can't be without. Yes, she still slathers huge amounts of bodycare on her hands and arms so much you can hear it, not just see it.
I watch so little Q these days, none of them annoy me as much as they used to...but I do notice their quirks more.
That said, an hour of Jill Franks' presenting is, for me, less annoying than many of the others.
As LATI says much more succinctly.!

Wow, I hope Jill doesn't come on here, quite cruel to pick on her appearance the way you have.
No not very nice comments!
But I also think Julia Roberts and Debbie Flint get way worse a lot of the time bc they’re carrying too much weight - amongst other criticisms!
(Am not condoning any of it!)
Other week someone said DF looks like a cabbage patch doll - maybe an amusing image but comments like that feel even more mean than commenting on skinny hands...?!
I don’t know!
Need thick skin to be on TV these days (no pun intended!!)

No, I don't mine her crystal.

Strangely, she seems very well liked by the people who work with her. There was a video of a wedding she attended of a backstage member didn't see any of the others presenters at it. So perhaps she is different when not working? Going to lunch with AY etc.

Doesn’t surprise me at all about the wedding - Jill is also chatting to and pissing about with the crew and behind the scenes staff - including on air!
It’s one of the many things which drives me mad especially bc it comes across as rude to the viewer and the BA or guest a lot of the time...
Often feels as if there is some tedious private joke going on - and then I just think “grow up woman” or get a grip ;)

As for thin skin on back of hands, I certainly suffer from that, though not old enough for it to have gone translucent - yet..!

I have a LOT of blood taken, and most phlebotomists and nurses now know not even to try normal needles or usual places - they usually get the butterfly needle out right away and use back of hand or even leg, if arm won’t play ball immediately...!

And if they don’t, I either pass out or vomit and they don’t get any blood out of me either 😉

If you choose a career on the tele or to be in the public eye, you're there to be shot down. Likewise actors/actresses. I.E. Personally I think Suranne Jones is an excellent actress but I can't watch her - can't take my eyes of her thin pencilled eyebrows. Same with a few others - Kate Winslett has a 'sneery' smile, Emma Stone has too wide eyes, etc etc.

Even school teachers (in my day anyway) had nicknames by us pupils. How many of us belong to a society, club or perhaps volunteer for an organisation, and raise your eyes at the antics of some of the other members ?

We get irritated daily by others, as I'm sure we annoy others. We can vent our opinions in the minutes it takes to write this, but then its forgotten. None of us are really evil, we're just human.

Doesn’t surprise me at all about the wedding - Jill is also chatting to and pissing about with the crew and behind the scenes staff - including on air!
It’s one of the many things which drives me mad especially bc it comes across as rude to the viewer and the BA or guest a lot of the time...
Often feels as if there is some tedious private joke going on - and then I just think “grow up woman” or get a grip ;)

As for thin skin on back of hands, I certainly suffer from that, though not old enough for it to have gone translucent - yet..!

I have a LOT of blood taken, and most phlebotomists and nurses now know not even to try normal needles or usual places - they usually get the butterfly needle out right away and use back of hand or even leg, if arm won’t play ball immediately...!

And if they don’t, I either pass out or vomit and they don’t get any blood out of me either 😉

I'm a 'butterfly' too. I usually tell them beforehand (every 12 weeks), as it saves them thumping and tapping my arm to get a vein up.

I'm a 'butterfly' too. I usually tell them beforehand (every 12 weeks), as it saves them thumping and tapping my arm to get a vein up.
Very wise - especially because by the time they’ve been tapping you for blood, and maybe tried a couple of regular needles, most of the veins have gone into hiding (or at least mine have!)

Years back GP was trying to take my blood and I warned him that it was traumatic and usually impossible - but he was so cocky that he ploughed on ignoring me - by which which point I felt so ill I vomited in his waste-paper bin!!

I did apologise and was v embarrassed, but I couldn’t help thinking he should’ve listened!!

I love Jill she makes me laugh. She doesn't do the hard sell. She is my favourite presenter. She comes across as a nice person. I felt heartfully sorry for her when she lost her dog. She was absolutely devastated. I wonder if genuine people every saw sightings of him.
I am glad Jill is back & she doesn't take herself too seriously. Please be kind to me. I have always liked her. My 2nd fav presenter is Pipa Gordon xxx

I love Jill she makes me laugh. She doesn't do the hard sell. She is my favourite presenter. She comes across as a nice person. I felt heartfully sorry for her when she lost her dog. She was absolutely devastated. I wonder if genuine people every saw sightings of him.
I am glad Jill is back & she doesn't take herself too seriously. Please be kind to me. I have always liked her. My 2nd fav presenter is Pipa Gordon xxx
My Daughter i meant to say is extremely slim. She isn't a big eater just picks at food. I took her the docs about her weight years ago. They said is she ill? I said no, the doc said its just the way she is. My Granddaughter looks like she is going to be the same build as her Mummy. I am the opposite of them flaming obese. I am currently at s/w. I don't eat much but to loose weight you have eat with s/w. Docs have said its due to all my medication? xxx

Latest posts

Back