I’m finding it

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

We live in a small town and Mr V works part time as a taxi driver. Most of his fares are less than a fiver but so many people don`t even have that amount of cash on them. He regularly has to run his passenger to a cash machine so they can pay him. It`s getting to the point now where the taxi firm are insisting their drivers invest in card machines (at their own expense) but they charge for each transaction and when the fare is £3 or £4 then the charges make it unviable. Now and again they do get long runs to airports or holiday destinations but most of their runs are simply about town or running people to work or hospital or GP appointments or to the supermarket. Mr V only works 4 part days and after Christmas he`s planning on only working 2 days so he`s refusing to pay for a machine.
My hubby says your husband could get a IZETTLE card machine at a cost of £29.99. They would he says take % but hubby says it’s only about 2%.

If you look at the thread about my QVC statement you will begin to see why I have so much electronic clutter.

I've just listed my 17 year old video camera that probably still works but is now totally obsolete. It cost about £400 plus lots of accessories such as tapes, tripod, extra batteries etc.

I don't want to dump it (literally) and if someone could make good use of it I would give it away, but I doubt if anyone would want it these days.

And that is just ONE item of superseded electronics, I will be posting many more over time in the QVC statement thread.

If you look at the thread about my QVC statement you will begin to see why I have so much electronic clutter.

I've just listed my 17 year old video camera that probably still works but is now totally obsolete. It cost about £400 plus lots of accessories such as tapes, tripod, extra batteries etc.

I don't want to dump it (literally) and if someone could make good use of it I would give it away, but I doubt if anyone would want it these days.

And that is just ONE item of superseded electronics, I will be posting many more over time in the QVC statement thread.
Could you take all the obsolete items apart & make a sculpture or open your own museum. There's a man in Accrington market who was a digger driver & he's got a stall where he displays all the items he's found & been allowed to keep; his collection of poison bottles is fascinating. You could be the guru of 20th century electronic wizardry.

Not connected to anything electrical but funnily enough I was browsing something called Burra Bears. It`s a small company based in Shetland and they make teddy bears from clothing. It can be made from a favourite item from your child`s babyhood, or something of your own which means a lot but has perhaps had its day, or an item of clothing which perhaps belonged to a loved one or something fabric from around your home which is no longer serviceable but you`re loathe to part with it. The possibilities are endless and looking at their facebook page they`ve made some wonderful bears.

Spooky or what! Vienna I was reading about this just this evening!

Just realised the one I saw wasn’t Shetland but Wisbech but googling there appears to be quite a lot of people doing this.

Last edited:
Spooky or what! Vienna I was reading about this just this evening!

Just realised the one I saw wasn’t Shetland but Wisbech but googling there appears to be quite a lot of people doing this.
A friend of mine does this.
People give her jumpers, shirts etc from loved ones and she makes Memory Bears or cushions from them.

Latest posts

Back