Molton Brown Bargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I like all the flavours in these sets, but I’m trying to resist lnowing that there’s a TSV coming up, there’ll probably be two options and and I’ll probably get both (🥴). Coco and Sandalwood (check your website spelling QVC - its not ‘sandlewood’ … 🙄) is one of my absolute favourites and the duo is a good price, but as much as i love my MB, I'm not a fan of the body lotions - i don't like the texture and dont find them particularly moisturising. Thanks as always though SCW. 👍🏽

I like all the flavours in these sets, but I’m trying to resist lnowing that there’s a TSV coming up, there’ll probably be two options and and I’ll probably get both (🥴). Coco and Sandalwood (check your website spelling QVC - its not ‘sandlewood’🙄) is one of my absolute favourites and the duo is a good price, but as much as i love my MB, I'm not a fan of the body lotions - i don't like the texture and dont find them particularly moisturising. Thanks as always though SCW. 👍🏽
He IS only in year 6 though

Clearly there must be something wrong with me, because the idea of spending £45 on a few bottles of liquid soap is just insane to me. I don't see where the value is, in terms of the difference that a 79p bottle of Carex is and the £11+ for this, apart from the fact that 'it smells nicer'.

Fair enough if people like it - it's a cheap price compared to what they usually charge. But it still feel like £11 for a handwash is a good example of the Kao Corporation taking the piss with price.
Yes it’s expensive - there’s loads of cheaper stuff , but you could say that about most things couldn’t you - there’s always ‘economy’ and ‘luxury’ versions of everything - I could probably nip in a pound shop and get a bottle of perfume for a quid, or I could buy a bottle of Jo Malone for £75 - they both smell of ‘something’, they’re both perfume, but which is my favourite or which makes me feel good is a different thing altogether. If Molton Brown at £11 or even £22 a bottle makes you feel good or makes you smile and (most importantly) you can afford it, then why not, There’s worse things to spend your money on. 🤣
I like MB - I like to give it as gifts sometimes but mostly it’s for me - I like that little moment of mindfulness when I wash my hands a million times a day and I stop and breathe the scent and I like it. I also admit I like the look of it by my sink. 😊
Craftalot - I'm totally with you there!

Amn - Poundshop perfume - You might find one that smells ok, but the quality won't be great, and for something you're gonna be spraying directly onto your skin and won't be washing it off - I think I'd rather give it a miss and spend a lot more. In perfume you choose a fragrance you love because it'll be on your skin for yourself and others to smell all day, the cheapies don't usually last, so will need constantly topping up, so more dubious chemicals being sprayed onto your skin.
A liquid soap, or a bath foam might smell lovely - but to me, it's pouring money down the plughole. Don't get me wrong, if that's your little luxury - enjoy, and I agree, the posh brands are useful gift solutions - but on the whole, I'm happy with my budget bathroom toiletries, and these cheapo brands are really upping their game when it comes to their packaging, and some look just as "posh" sitting on the sink!

Molton Brown 3 Piece Aromatic Hand Wash & Lotion Collection £36 + £3.95 post

• 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 + post
  • 1 x Pettigree Dew Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 + post
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Hand Lotion (300ml) RRP £22 + post
Total RRP £62 + post

Molton Brown 3 Piece Aromatic Hand Wash & Lotion Collection £36 + £3.95 post

• 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 + post
  • 1 x Pettigree Dew Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 + post
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Hand Lotion (300ml) RRP £22 + post
Total RRP £62 + post
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 cost £12.89
  • 1 x Pettigree Dew Fine Liquid Hand Wash (300ml) RRP £20 cost £12.89
  • 1 x Blue Maquis Hand Lotion (300ml) RRP £22 cost £14.17
Total RRP £62 cost £39.95 incl p&p used in calculations.
Thanks SCW for RRP prices.

Shame there aren'tany hand washes as I have a ton of body cleansers from numerous brands. I wash my hands a lot and would lke a few new flavours so to speak.

Shame there aren'tany hand washes as I have a ton of body cleansers from numerous brands. I wash my hands a lot and would lke a few new flavours so to speak.
there is new handwashes too but not live to buy but they dont always put them on like at the same time as this kinda special deal its usually one like this & then hand wash ect

I got a ton of Bayliss and Harding from the nephews for Christmas so I won't be doing shower purchases and I'm still on the handwashes from last year. I'll have a sniff around though as I do love Molton Brown. Yes, it's expensive but it's all for me as Mr CC just likes soap and the dog has his own shampoo 🛀🐶

CC

M&S have some MB look likey baubles, handwash sets with a tray and large shower gels. 75% off. They also have a variety of wash bags in different sizes with a letter on them for just over £1. Ohh and bath bombs 49p instead of £3.50/£4.00 each. Ohh and boxed gift sets with at least 6 in a box shooting star white bombs with silver glitter. I bought loads some to give away as Christmas gifts for people I have just got round to seeing and future presents. The rest for moi.

I know it was a totally frivolous purchase but I bought one of these on a Black Friday deal before Christmas

Even at the reduced price (I paid £36.00) it was extortionate really, but I absolutely love it.

I know it was a totally frivolous purchase but I bought one of these on a Black Friday deal before Christmas

Even at the reduced price (I paid £36.00) it was extortionate really, but I absolutely love it.
I remember those from years ago, before I got into MB. They had duos on the stand selling as a set and I wondered why it added to the price so much. I thought MB had stopped doing them actually, till I saw them again recently online.

Good for you - why not indulge yourself a little? I bet it looks lovely. If I get any kind of display stand for my Molton Brown, it will have to be one like this.

C01BC2D1-787E-4A51-A9E5-901B3F718FF1.jpeg

I remember those from years ago, before I got into MB. They had duos on the stand selling as a set and I wondered why it added to the price so much. I thought MB had stopped doing them actually, till I saw them again recently online.

Good for you - why not indulge yourself a little? I bet it looks lovely. If I get any kind of display stand for my Molton Brown, it will have to be one like this.

View attachment 23065

I don't think I'm too far behind you to be honest Andi, but I'm getting better. The last MB TSV didn't turn up so I got a refund and I haven't ordered any MB since. Well, apart from the Arc, but that doesn't really count anyway. Ha ha ha

Yes, the arc is an accessory, not a consumable with a Use By date. Definitely doesn’t count!

I bet it was quite a relief when the order didn’t turn up, wasn’t it? That was fate stepping in. I ordered some Shay & Blue from Asos in November and it never arrived - although I would have happily received it, I did feel a lot less guilty when I didn't and got my refund. Ditto Skechers from QVC this month.

I got a ton of Bayliss and Harding from the nephews for Christmas so I won't be doing shower purchases and I'm still on the handwashes from last year. I'll have a sniff around though as I do love Molton Brown. Yes, it's expensive but it's all for me as Mr CC just likes soap and the dog has his own shampoo 🛀🐶

CC
I love Molton Brown but also got a couple of sets of B&H for Christmas. Is it any good?

I had one of these years ago from an outlet store when i first got into MB. I stopped using it for a spell for some reason and it got relegated to the back of the cupboard, it then ended up getting thrown out when we had a massive clear out. In the actual bin. I know 😫 I thought I’d got over the pain of it but you’ve reminded me about it…. 😱!!

Ive never tried either the Milk Musk or the Lily & Magnolia so I might give this a go. Ta Ian. 👍🏽
ive never tried Milk Musk either, or tested it even. This is a good price so I might be tempted…. I did try the new Lily of the valley and liked it, but don’t know why they changed it to this from star anise. Oh dear, tempted again!

Latest posts

Back