Simon

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

He's an awful presenter, all all that feigned amazement is pathetic. However, he's had a chronic illness that causes so many issues for more than 40 years & must have been worried when he tested positive. Hopefully he's come through it without problems.

My best friend and husband are currently both ill with Covid. He also has COPD and asthma and she has a suppressed immune system. Not only have they had the “standard” symptoms but also the added delight of D&V. 😳 They went to stay with the family two weeks ago and believe that the “source” was their two year old grandchild who goes to nursery. They’ve all tested positive as well. 😞

Thankfully the adults are all double jabbed, so I would imagine that they’d be even worse if they hadn’t been vaccinated although my friend and husband are extremely poorly at the moment. Selfishly, I’m relieved that I hadn’t seen her for a month, because of other commitments, before she tested positive. It’s certainly a dreadful illness and I don’t want it which is why I still wear a mask and latex gloves when I go shopping. I personally think masks should still be mandatory. I also don’t understand why people, who aren’t medically exempt, choose not to have the vaccine.

My best friend and husband are currently both ill with Covid. He also has COPD and asthma and she has a suppressed immune system. Not only have they had the “standard” symptoms but also the added delight of D&V. 😳 They went to stay with the family two weeks ago and believe that the “source” was their two year old grandchild who goes to nursery. They’ve all tested positive as well. 😞

Thankfully the adults are all double jabbed, so I would imagine that they’d be even worse if they hadn’t been vaccinated although my friend and husband are extremely poorly at the moment. Selfishly, I’m relieved that I hadn’t seen her for a month, because of other commitments, before she tested positive. It’s certainly a dreadful illness and I don’t want it which is why I still wear a mask and latex gloves when I go shopping. I personally think masks should still be mandatory. I also don’t understand why people, who aren’t medically exempt, choose not to have the vaccine.
Mr next door neighbour is head of Environmental Health for our council & often talks about the horrors his team have to deal with. He's always said that every surface touched by humans contains nasties, from cocaine & faecal matter to unknown bacteria so if people have been scared, his word, into wearing gloves to protect themselves from covid they should wear them forever because what's always been out there is as bad, if not worse. He's shown us how to remove gloves to minimise risk, quite logical, but this should be done over a wash basin so hands can be washed immediately & the gloves bagged & binned. However, as most people take them off when getting into a car or after opening their front door the gloves are pointless.

I do remove my gloves when I get into the car. I remove my mask, hold it in my hand and remove the gloves so that they’re inside out and the mask’s trapped inside them. I then sanitise my hands and steering wheel and wash my hands as soon as I get home, after disposing of the gloves etc in my bin.

Before Covid, I always washed my hands thoroughly after coming back from the shops because of holding basket or trolley handles and money. This was because of anything iffy that someone might have left on those surfaces. I didn’t used to wash my hands every time a courier or the postman delivered something, but I certainly do nowadays. Thank goodness for hand cream. 😉

One of our neighbours is in hospital on oxygen with covid and a chest infection. He's had both jabs and can't think where he got it unless it was from a passer-by. His wife tested positive but is asymptomatic. Maybe she passed it on to him - who knows?

I come from a family of OCD sufferers, mine is hand washing so in all honesty the pandemic has made no difference to me in this regard. Small mercies eh!?
I'm the same, even when I was a young child I loved washing my hands, I was brought up to always do it before a meal & it's the first thing I do when I come home. I use electrolyzed water instead of antibac gel & have always had packs of wipes in my bags to use on shopping trolleys & the door handles of public toilets, the fact that I can now buy plastic free ones is fantastic. I once embarrassed everyone, especially my Mr T, at Sainsburys checkouts when I told the man in front of me that I was disgusted to see him put his hand down his jeans, have a good scratch, & then put his hands back on the trolley - it got wiped! My two careers have been spent among the great unwashed yet I've rarely been ill & 20 years in a high school passed without getting one tummy bug.

Latest posts

Back