Elemis TSV 19/09/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I know the superfood oil is cheaper than the others but I really like it and the somewhat earthy smell, I love the kefir mist particularly in the summer and I like the cleansing butter so if it’s a good price I won’t be able to resist, thanks for the heads up SCW,

Oo
Just noticed the leaflet in this tsv, says the next one will be 14th November and will be 8 pieces, including cleansing balm, pcmc and three aromatics to choose from, one being lime and ginger, apparently a trio of bodycare heroes
ohhhh, lime and ginger. I think I'll get the TSV for Christmas and then decide on the others. I don't really need body stuff so I think face products are a priority.

CC

I mentioned in the Q awards thread that my new jar of pcmc no longer had anti-wrinkle on the front of the jar, just 'hydrating day cream' instead.
There is the usual peel off label on the bottom of the jar.
My jar I have just finished........ingredients listed and 6 month after opening symbol.
New jar.......no ingredients listed and 12 month after opening symbol.

What's going on?
This was the 3 part set from Q, with the serum and water mint balm.

ooh good spot. We shall have to wait for the onslaught from the Q reviewers if it has been tinkered with, as with Decleor.

I mentioned in the Q awards thread that my new jar of pcmc no longer had anti-wrinkle on the front of the jar, just 'hydrating day cream' instead.
There is the usual peel off label on the bottom of the jar.
My jar I have just finished........ingredients listed and 6 month after opening symbol.
New jar.......no ingredients listed and 12 month after opening symbol.

What's going on?
This was the 3 part set from Q, with the serum and water mint balm.
There has been a sort of campaign going on for a while now in the beauty industry over certain words used for skin care products.

Anti-Ageing, which comes across as ageing, is something bad.

Anti Wrinkle as well, because well, nothing will stop you getting wrinkles because of natural ageing. So Elemis must be taking a view to change their claims over what they skin care can actually do.

I got mine last week but thought I would just watch the presentation for any tips as to how to use although it is hardly rocket science! I should say endure the presentation.I cannot do with Flinty at the best of times but this mock surprise, wide eyed with wonder as to how much the products are normally, on and on.Then Keeley steps in & keeps going.Of course typical Flint style it will be sold out by 11.00am.She is unwatchable.

I got mine last week but thought I would just watch the presentation for any tips as to how to use although it is hardly rocket science! I should say endure the presentation.I cannot do with Flinty at the best of times but this mock surprise, wide eyed with wonder as to how much the products are normally, on and on.Then Keeley steps in & keeps going.Of course typical Flint style it will be sold out by 11.00am.She is unwatchable.
I can't bare watching her. Luckily I bought mine before hand. I really wish they would have more variety when it comes to TSV presenters at midnight. It always seems to be her and the Frank's 🙄

There has been a sort of campaign going on for a while now in the beauty industry over certain words used for skin care products.

Anti-Ageing, which comes across as ageing, is something bad.

Anti Wrinkle as well, because well, nothing will stop you getting wrinkles because of natural ageing. So Elemis must be taking a view to change their claims over what they skin care can actually do.
Keeley has some very noticeable lines around eyes and on forehead. So these lotions and potions obviously don’t prevent them. I don’t have a single forehead line at 61. I’d probably trade forehead lines for the vertical lines between eyes (too much squinting) as a fringe would cover them….
The biggest ageing annoyance for me is hooded eyelids. I guess they’re pulling the wrinkles out of my forehead….😏

I think wrinkles or lack of them is partly genetic, I have very few wrinkles, smooth forehead, cheeks but obviously lack of elasticity, what else can you expect at 74! I have always cleansed, toned and moisturised even from my teens.I have pigmentation but I would think that is historical sun damage coming to the fore? Lifestyle too plays a part, I have never been a smoker.I just look at Camilla Duchess of Cornwall as a comparison, she is weeks younger than me & the extent of those wrinkles! I wish I could say that alcohol has never passed my lips but that would be a blatant lie! I enjoy using a good skincare regime and just trying to keep my skin as good as it can be without intervention from more radical proceedures.

Heard Keeley say numerous times about not doing the supersize mask before but that’s not true. I bought an Elemis OTO on the 18th May (see pic)
Consisting of the 100ml neck cream which I’ve just finished and a 100ml mask which is the same as the one in the TSV.

Attachments

• 242BEF05-7DDC-4AEB-B2AE-4E1E5BAC5AEF.jpeg
    242BEF05-7DDC-4AEB-B2AE-4E1E5BAC5AEF.jpeg
    27.6 KB · Views: 70
I've had a couple of forehead lines since my late teens and I don't consider them ageing - they really are expression lines that form early on some faces depending on the bone structure. They haven't got any deeper and I haven't developed any more since then.

A few years ago, a collague of mine needed an operation on her eye and as a result of the procedure, the NHS clinic told her she'd need an eyelift, and that they'd do one on the healthy eye so that it didn't look different form the other. They asked if she minded, to which responsed..."Oh no, I definitely don't mind!".

Latest posts

Back