Random musings and general banter.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Shaun - "What I'm amazed about, with Kevin, you remember so much, you know he doesn't really have any notes with him, you know your watches inside out."

index.png

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

If everything is selling out, flying out the door , won't last the show , vulnerable , over allocated.....
then why are they using valuable air time to promote stock that is selling itself?
If this flying out the door nonsense was true , they would use the air time to present stuff that needed selling.

They were STILL flogging the 21st anniversary model last night.

Boy oh boy, that watch has evidently been flying off the shelf :) :) :)

Strange isn't it, we're told everybody wants it, highly collectable, there will be a celebration in 2021, web site in melt down, yet they are still available. :unsure:
Do you think it'll ever dawn on the buyers that, although having 2021 or the Union flag on a watch might appeal to some folks, but to then add Ideal World/IW logo on the watch makes it highly undesirable? ;)

If everything is selling out, flying out the door , won't last the show , vulnerable , over allocated.....
then why are they using valuable air time to promote stock that is selling itself?
If this flying out the door nonsense was true , they would use the air time to present stuff that needed selling.

On a similar vein, it also surprises me they do so many repeated live demos for the same products over and over again, how many times do we need to see someone cooking the same stuff in the same pans time and again etc, or Ironing, Hoovers etc. Have the show with a presenter but just cut to recorded demos, would save a lot of money on demonstrators and food etc.
Think of all the vegetables that could be saved if the just recorded the Piranha peeler guy and showed repeats instead of him live every time, same when he does Baymix. Or Simon Iles and all the stuff he throws on the floor etc.

Deknees doing watches (she did the Vostok Europe show late last night and was absolutely abysmal) - "I've got to say i'm very impressed with Raoul U Braun, em I have quite a few German watches myself."

Shame their made in China, huh, never mind Den, you're not the only ignorant horologically challenged person on IW, in fact it's hard to find someone who isn't.

Den - "Let me tell everyone what we are doing for this show"

It's ok Den you don't have to tell us, we already know what you're going to do, you're going to lie, mislead and con potential customers.

Den - "it's probably the most expensive looking piece you'll see, it looks as if you've spent thousands on it, and it's got a movement inside, the automatic hand assembled movement inside that is equal to watches that you spend thousands on, correct me if i say anything wrong."

Miss Gerrards - "no, no, i, i absolutely, i always look at the price point and have to remind myself i'm looking at an automatic timepiece, automatic blah blah."

No problem den, Yeah you're wrong, big time. Pity Miss Gerrards didn't correct you, but obviously she's more interested in getting paid than rocking the boat and telling the truth.

Some of these watch shows are an absolute farce now.

Peter Simon is a pretty disillusion character but Den takes the biscuit for spouting some utter crap and to think shes has the nerve to always claim she only ever speaks the truth, she can never say anything that isn't factual as IW have 3 compliance officers to make sure they follow ASA guidelines. :rolleyes:

DeKnees - "Ideal World actually has a huge following of serious watch collectors, serious watch collectors, and it's fabulous to know that you've made Ideal World the go to place for important timepieces. You've done this all the years we've been here because you're not the sort of person that wants the watch in a department t store, that's the same as everybody else's, you're the sort of person that wants a statement piece, that's unique to you and your style and you want exceptional quality, reliability and precision time keeping."

Says all this while selling 3 brands, who aren't watchmakers, and aren't even watch designers as they just pick from a range of existing options offered by the Chinese manufacturer and hey presto, and who's target audience is selly telly viewers here and in Germany.
Watchmakers? Not a chance.
Watch designers? Nope.
Providers of Important time pieces? Only in the delusional minds of Ideal World presenters.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Den - "Multi-function so i'm assuming that i may have a chronograph."

How the hell can she be selling watches when she doesn't even know what she's selling, oh and it's not a chrono, which even an idiot can plainly see. :rolleyes:

Of course she's not help by the fraud along side her.

Fraud - "yeah we've got a week day window."

Then Den tries to start the chrono. :ROFLMAO:

Den - "So, if you want to dive in, i'm going to try and activate the"

Fraud - "So this is, em days of the week, you've got the calendar month, you've got the 24 clock as well blah blah."

So no attempt by the fraud to tell Den she's mistaken and to make sure horologically challenged viewers understood it wasn't a chrono, and to make matters worse she adds a complication that the watch doesn't have, it has a date sub dial not 24 hour sub dial.

Utter amateurs. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

They were STILL flogging the 21st anniversary model last night.

Boy oh boy, that watch has evidently been flying off the shelf :) :) :)
The thing that I don't understand about the anniversary watch is why doesn't every presenter own one and wear it on air? And I don't mean one that gets passed around and the presenter sticks it on five minutes before going on air. I mean why isn't every presenter showing off their own limited edition anniversary watch celebrating the company they're proud to work for? Oh yea, I know why they dont. Because they want to offload the shite onto us.
You would have thought Me Mam would have one on, if only to remind him how long he's worked for them for. He tells us every single show but every time he has to second guess himself
"Av worked here at Ideal World now for, oooh 'ow long? *rolls eyes, counts on fingers* twenteh, NOOO, twenteh wun years!" EVERY. FUCKING. SHOW!!!

She (that woman I can’t stand) said last night on the Phantasmagorical Pieces of Time Extravaganza that she had Now That’s What I Call Music 6 from her younger days in the loft. Presumably to seek the reaction: “Oh Den, we don’t believe it…you look so young.” 20 Dynamic Hits from K-Tel would have been a more accurate example of the last time she was under 25.

She (that woman I can’t stand) said last night on the Phantasmagorical Pieces of Time Extravaganza that she had Now That’s What I Call Music 6 from her younger days in the loft. Presumably to seek the reaction: “Oh Den, we don’t believe it…you look so young.” 20 Dynamic Hits from K-Tel would have been a more accurate example of the last time she was under 25.
Denise is always dropping bait about her age , hoping for 'No you can't be !'

Latest posts

Back