Keeley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And while looking for the photo of me on the swing, I came across this one, me CENTRE stage

Mecentrestageintails.jpg

WOW ! that's impressive ! Musical theatre / drama - operatic group ? I fully expect to see Fred A come through the curtains. (y)
An operatic society, we performed in a pro theatre with over 1000 seats, and some nights were a sell-out. We had a professional producer and orchestra and did 2 shows a year. The musical director and chorus master were not paid, but were very talented (and strict).

And, of course, after dancing and singing love songs to someone for months of rehearsals, an affair was almost inevitable.

Last edited:
An operatic society, we performed in a pro theatre with over 1000 seats, and some nights were a sell-out. We had a professional producer and orchestra and did 2 shows a year. The musical director and chorus master were not paid, but were very talented (and strict).

And, of course, after dancing and singing love songs to someone for months of rehearsals, an affair was almost inevitable.
You old rogue 🤭

That’s brilliant strato. I’ve done loads of amdram and would love to be able to sing but just can’t hit a note☹️. Doesn’t stop me trying though, much to the distress of the family.

I too did years of amdram, and a few years in panto, not a singer, but my tap dancing skills were frequently called upon. The most fun was the rehearsals, and then on opening all the calamities would happen, like the tin man's (Wiz of Oz) axe would fall apart in his hand, or the stage lights would be off instead of on, or there would be a serious wardrobe malfunction - the audience loved it.

Sadly age catches up with us, and the sheer exhaustion of the final 2 weeks when there are wardrobe rehearsals, technical rehearsals, dress rehearsals, then the performances with 2 shows on a Saturday, just finished me off. So I retired gracefully to the wings.

I used to do a lot of youth theatre and then some am-dram and light opera, but *always* in the “pit orchestra” or band and never on stage.

We had the most fun without any of the stress :)

Though I did sometimes secretly wish I was up there in the light...

I used to ballroom dance and also sang in many choirs, but again not on stage and like being part of a safe group!

… on opening all the calamities would happen, like the tin man's (Wiz of Oz) axe would fall apart in his hand, or the stage lights would be off instead of on, or there would be a serious wardrobe malfunction - the audience loved it.
I had an embarrassing moment when I attended a percussion and drumming workshop.

The final night was a performance with an audience, and all the drummers had to solo using a Latin American instrument, and mine was the cabasa.

Cabasa.jpg

You can shake it like a rattle, and also rotate the beads over the corrugated metal.

All went fine in the rehearsal, but in the performance, with the rotation of the chains, the bottom unscrewed mid-performance, the thing fell to pieces, and all the chains fell onto the stage. I was left just holding a bare handle!

Still looking for a particular photo, found this one, not me, but my son.

View attachment 22183
What a dear little boy.

What's happened to Keeley ? she's let her hair grow and go grey. I don't think it flatters her, in fact it makes her look on the older side of middle aged. Personal opinion I know, but I preferred it in the tight curls she once sported.
Apparently she hasn't seen her hairdresser for 18 months. There are many people I could happily not see for that length of time, my wonderful hairdresser isn't one of them.

Latest posts

Back