New Presenters

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

After the discussion on here last week about the reasons why Julia may not be on air for a few weeks I watched her podcast with Sarah; I had been on my own all week so bear with me! Sarah is a delightful girl who has had a really interesting career &, as a mum of three who does more than just promote Emu on the Q, she does a lot of plate spinning. Her parents died at the start of this year & because her family had covid over Christmas the last time she saw them was on 20th December, her mum died at the beginning of January & she lost her dad six weeks later. She kept it together when talking about them, Julia didn't & neither did I.
Wow thats sad. Poor thing!

After the discussion on here last week about the reasons why Julia may not be on air for a few weeks I watched her podcast with Sarah; I had been on my own all week so bear with me! Sarah is a delightful girl who has had a really interesting career &, as a mum of three who does more than just promote Emu on the Q, she does a lot of plate spinning. Her parents died at the start of this year & because her family had covid over Christmas the last time she saw them was on 20th December, her mum died at the beginning of January & she lost her dad six weeks later. She kept it together when talking about them, Julia didn't & neither did I.
Gosh I had no idea and so very sad, also not easy at the best of times coupled with when you have very young girls to care for at the same time.
I don’t know if I want to listen, 😢 but will keep Sarah and her family in my thoughts. 🤗

I didn't know about any of that and I'm devastated for Sarah. I'm about to go and visit my mum this weekend (100 miles) and although mum and I have never been "besties" I feel very very fortunate. I too will keep Sarah and her family in my thoughts.

CC

I didn't know about any of that and I'm devastated for Sarah. I'm about to go and visit my mum this weekend (100 miles) and although mum and I have never been "besties" I feel very very fortunate. I too will keep Sarah and her family in my thoughts.

CC
Always, always look after your mother, because you’ll never get another. I miss mine everyday 🥲

They just seem to be letting her behave however she wishes.
Yes they do but honestly I can't see her appealing to many. I like Joules clothing and I have a few pieces. I may have bought more if I could have sat through that show but I couldn't. I've no doubt QVC monitor the sales of each presenter so it would be interesting to see how many people watching her are buying.

CC

Yes they do but honestly I can't see her appealing to many. I like Joules clothing and I have a few pieces. I may have bought more if I could have sat through that show but I couldn't. I've no doubt QVC monitor the sales of each presenter so it would be interesting to see how many people watching her are buying.

CC
I totally agree with you cc 😀

When I first started watching QVC. the presenters were calm and eloquent - well, apart from Alison Young, but in the main they were. The most jovial was..... oh Lord his name escapes me (it was there a second ago), he left with Debbie Greenwood - chap of colour and always smiling. All knew their stuff, and I cant think of one that 'did my head in' back then. Pippa was the real shouty one of the lot, and sported a crew cut that was a different colour every week. B/A's were thin on the ground, so the presenters usually had to earn their money by talking alone for most of their hourly spot. Even Charlie - who was a newbie, was bearable. Can anyone who remembers 'fragrant' Claudia imagine her sharing a dressing room with Annieliese ???? or Chloe for that matter.

Either I'm getting old and less tolerant, but the presenters are about as far away from 'calm and eloquent' as you could get right now. Even JR has gone off the rails in recent years, Gatling Gun Keenan must be on medication to talk at her current speed, Chloe clearly takes medication before she comes on air to be that 'high', and for my money only Gilly hasn't altered her style of presenting which is her saving grace.

(still haven't remembered that chap's name, don't you just want to kick yourself ?)

Latest posts

Back