Home Reflections TSV 18/10/21

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I half liked the medium red one but then I also heard Lucy say you can't hang them up so that was that. I wanted it to hang in my window. They showed them on the dining table but honestly they are far too big. Where would the sprouts go? 🥦🥦

CC

I don’t understand they recently sold the main event a Christmas tree, which was described as a slim option because customers don’t have as much room for a wide based Christmas tree, they said.
Yet a few weeks later they are selling huge floor standing round baubles, of which one would look hideous stood alone. Also as would two, three of the different sizes would be best aesthetically, but would take up a massive amount of room.

I don’t understand they recently sold the main event a Christmas tree, which was described as a slim option because customers don’t have as much room for a wide based Christmas tree, they said.
Yet a few weeks later they are selling huge floor standing round baubles, of which one would look hideous stood alone. Also as would two, three of the different sizes would be best aesthetically, but would take up a massive amount of room.
And cost 3 times the PP

You can't deny that they look stunning, but for me they're more suited to a shop window display. Totally impractical in the average home. I most certainly wouldn't have them perched under the tree, especially if there's gonna be kids running around - an accident waiting to happen. As well as having the space to display them, you're gonna need the space to store them too. I totally agree that with DG, that you'd need to buy the full set for them to have any impact, so not only would you need a lot of money (£112.00), you'd need a lot of room.
They are pricey, but for a change I wouldn't class them alongside the usual overpriced tat you can easily buy elsewhere for a fraction of the cost. Unfortunately Q can't seem to find a happy medium (anywhere within their ranges). It's either high end/high price or low end tat/high price The other day they were selling a ceramic cake stand for nearly £40, it looked incredibly cheap and the sort of thing you could easily pick up in HomeSense for about £14 (if that).

I don’t think anyone need be upset about missing out on the baubles.
I’m sure we will to be presented with the restocked repeat showings.
Not to mention the re-thought updated versions, as Q are never one to miss on what is deem a good seller that they can now update. Surely there will be the non glass timer added option, the multi coloured, the patterned version, the remote controlled option with the multi light function.

I look at QVC’s FaceBook page as a visitor. This has just been posted, so if anyone here ordered the TSV it might be worth checking them.

ED5DA307-A959-4CFF-9B1F-824B1794DC91.jpeg

I look at QVC’s FaceBook page as a visitor. This has just been posted, so if anyone here ordered the TSV it might be worth checking them.

View attachment 22396
Surprising as they are supposed to be GLASS so difficult to scratch.

Don't forget to get a free return as they are faulty, and your original PP refunded too.

They're ok for the Stacey Solomons of this world - who employ professional 'decorators' to hang up their bits of tinsel.

View attachment 22396
I am not one bit surprised at these comments or the reviews. I didn’t watch much of a presentation of these but I did see Lucy with a gold bauble on her knee and saw a large patch of a load of scratches. I did think can folk not see what I’m seeing. Well if that’s all scratched they are only gonna be worse when they arrive with them. After that I have to admit I was shocked to hear they were actually made of glass.

Is it possible that they are like those extremely thin glass baubles you get? They are made of glass that is so thin they shatter if you even breathe on them and are spray painted so it’s possibly the paint which has scratched rather than the glass?

Surprising as they are supposed to be GLASS so difficult to scratch.

Don't forget to get a free return as they are faulty, and your original PP refunded too.
I didn’t buy them. It was a post I saw on their Facebook page, but if anyone here is affected then hopefully they will request a returns label and their P&P refunded as well.

QVC have a cheek. The prices and the presentations are you think your buying something unique and of a high calibre. These cost a small fortune fo what they are.

The fact that they cost over £91 including p&p was enough for me even if they did look nice. And finding the space to store them for the best part of a year. They will also be pricey to return if you changed your mind.

Some people have arranged for free collection, some are waiting for a return label, but a significant number are complaining about the cost of returning them, or are keeping them even though they don't like them, because of the cost of return PP.

If only they read this forum to find out about free collections or return labels for faulty items.

Some people have arranged for free collection, some are waiting for a return label, but a significant number are complaining about the cost of returning them, or are keeping them even though they don't like them, because of the cost of return PP.

If only they read this forum to find out about free collections or return labels for faulty items.
I know, I can never understand why some people complain about the cost of a return when the item is faulty! You should never pay for returns on a faulty item but I see this mentioned in reviews all the time 😮

I know, I can never understand why some people complain about the cost of a return when the item is faulty! You should never pay for returns on a faulty item but I see this mentioned in reviews all the time 😮
Being charitable I'd imagine that they probably aren't aware that they don't have to pay when returning faulty goods. Being my usual self I'd say that they're just thick!

Latest posts

Back