L’Occitane in Russia

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I’ve noticed a distinct change in attitude, along those lines, in the phone-ins on LBC. Some people have moaned about them coming here and some have moaned about the amount of money we are spending on arms for Ukraine. It’s by no means the majority, but a few weeks back you never heard such sentiments. Perhaps they are being sponsored by Russia! Sleepers!!!! That could definitely be the case with online stuff.

I have heard comments recently of is that stupid war still going on, it is getting boring on the news all the time. Along with more of them coming over. Complaints over down in Dublin who have a different system for taking Ukrainians in of hotels being full of them, and you cannot book a hotel room on a long weekend.

Don't bother telling them the people really just want to go home. It just does not go in. They are here and taking our money.o_O

Sometimes I think we all need a course in being human… giving a kind thought and a helping hand for those suffering. Surely we would hope that if we were in that position other nations would not shrug their shoulders and say “not my problem, mate”?
It's probably just me but I have a feeling that if the UK were at war and people were wanting to flee then there might be a lot of back turning.

I am not against helping anyone and I've donated money to the Ukraine but I do think there are a lot of British people in Britain right now that are suffering and need help and they aren't getting any. I'm human.

My tin hat is on.

CC

yep i watched them all with mum & enjoyed them all
Glad you enjoyed the programme’s,would it not have been better to have not given this company/product any promotion at all during the circumstances at the moment.
Posting this TVS and providing information should have been a pass,if people want to find the stuff they can easily.
Gloop and QVC seem to matter more,than anything else in shopping telly world.

It's probably just me but I have a feeling that if the UK were at war and people were wanting to flee then there might be a lot of back turning.

I am not against helping anyone and I've donated money to the Ukraine but I do think there are a lot of British people in Britain right now that are suffering and need help and they aren't getting any. I'm human.

My tin hat is on.

CC
No reason we can't do both, but I think the government doesn't want to increase the national debt.
Current circumstances are a perfect storm and weathering it will be a challenge, sadly.

Glad you enjoyed the programme’s,would it not have been better to have not given this company/product any promotion at all during the circumstances at the moment.
Posting this TVS and providing information should have been a pass,if people want to find the stuff they can easily.
It is up to individuals if they want to boycott brands. They did u-turn like so many brands, many of whom are in all our supermarkets so if someone wants to post their TSV then we won't stop them, as I said it is up to individuals.

It is up to individuals if they want to boycott brands. They did u-turn like so many brands, many of whom are in all our supermarkets so if someone wants to post their TSV then we won't stop them, as I said it is up to individuals.
I think brands have difficult choices to make. Russia is a large, lucrative, growing market for many of them. Shutting down sales to/in Russia will hurt their business significantly.
Many businesses have shuttered their Russian businesses for now but will hope to resume once, if, sanctions are eased and the war ends.
Globally, there is no longer an overall superpower. Europe and the US are not in the ascendancy. There will be a massive reckoning over the reliance on China as a manufacturing base as well as the current rush to exit reliance on Russia for energy. That, to me, means Q will have ongoing issues with brands they sell, where Q's price points force a low cost manufacturing country.
Fortunately, though, Q sell wants not needs... but we will all feel the squeeze on necessities.
We can all make our choices, but governments, and brands across the globe have been rewarded for choosing Russian energy and Chinese manufacturing because we, the consumers, don't want to pay higher prices.

Russia needs to be boycotted by every single company going .. for me that is going to hurt Putin .. people will revolt … innocent bubbies and children are living in terror and it’s Europe .. so close to home … I look at my grandbubbies and I feel so blessed they are not in the same position .. I just cannot imagine … 🤦🏻‍♀️… .. pregnant women and their babies in shelters .. my god this is 2022 … it’s easy for us to watch tv and switch off and feel sorry for our problems .. I just feel that Putin needs annihilating one way or the other .. by whoever .. their economy could be a clincher in this shocking continuation of other humans Inhumane treatment to their own kind … .. Just pull the plug on everything and see how Russians support him then .. 💔

I think you are being naughty & stirring somewhat.

There is another thread just above this one on the QVC 'board' about Elemis, (serenity balm IIRC?).
Since Elemis own L'occitaine they are also guilty by association. It appears that some are still buying a new cleansing balm, & yet you say nothing about that/"during the circumstances at the moment"
SCW says he was just enjoying the show with his Mom - not that he bought anything. Who is anyone to deny another what was (nothing more than) the simple, harmless pleasure of watching telly with their Mother.

I think you are being naughty & stirring somewhat.

There is another thread just above this one on the QVC 'board' about Elemis, (serenity balm IIRC?).
Since Elemis own L'occitaine they are also guilty by association. It appears that some are still buying a new cleansing balm, & yet you say nothing about that/"during the circumstances at the moment"
SCW says he was just enjoying the show with his Mom - not that he bought anything. Who is anyone to deny another what was (nothing more than) the simple, harmless pleasure of watching telly with their Mother.
No, it is L'Occitane who own Elemis. And I did google Elemis do not sell in Russia.

SCW did say in the TSV thread he was going to buy the TSV.

I noticed you did not rant at him as you did with me to shout at strangers in the street for carrying L'Occitane bags after buying.

Interesting.

No, it is L'Occitane who own Elemis. And I did google Elemis do not sell in Russia.

SCW did say in the TSV thread he was going to buy the TSV.

I noticed you did not rant at him as you did with me to shout at strangers in the street for carrying L'Occitane bags after buying.

Interesting.
No, it is L'Occitane who own Elemis.<<

>> I mean't to type L'Occi own Elemis - I had a migraine. Either way, the companies are at best, linked, at worst, a single entity, & (imo) jointly responsible.

And I did google Elemis do not sell in Russia.<<

>>I did not google.

SCW did say in the TSV thread he was going to buy the TSV.<<

>> I must have missed that part. We don't know if ultimately, he did or did not. As Sazza said - "It is up to individuals if they want to boycott brands."

I noticed you did not rant at him as you did with me to shout at strangers in the street for carrying L'Occitane bags after buying.<<

>>It wasn't a 'rant'. IIRC (haven't revisited to 'check') I asked if you had 'ambushed' the people outside the shop/with bags? This was clearly a joke. That's why I used the word 'ambush'.
I like to lighten things with humour - evident from many of my posts.

Hopefully this clarifies the position.

Just seen news and I’m so weepy ..poor fella .. doctor I think Ukrainian .. crying as he said they waited for food all day .. maternity unit and the babies were crying all the time … he cried as he spoke .. I didn’t see all the repot but that was enough … I’m going to donate my remaining loccitane liquid soap which remains unopened to heart foundation unless I can find a Ukraine dropping off point .. 😢 I can’t use it can’t even look at it

Just seen news and I’m so weepy ..poor fella .. doctor I think Ukrainian .. crying as he said they waited for food all day .. maternity unit and the babies were crying all the time … he cried as he spoke .. I didn’t see all the repot but that was enough … I’m going to donate my remaining loccitane liquid soap which remains unopened to heart foundation unless I can find a Ukraine dropping off point .. 😢 I can’t use it can’t even look at it
I would have thought in a maternity ward the women would be breast feeding on the whole.

I would have thought in a maternity ward the women would be breast feeding on the whole.
I agree in principle, but if the Moms are undernourished/traumatised, their milk may have stopped coming, or at best be sparse. Troubling times.
I won't watch the news forthis reason. I have enough difficulties in life atm.

Places like Red cross may help Ukraine & also Disasters commmittee certainly do - ifyou can find somewher to send. You could sell it & put themoney in a dedicated ukraine collection pot. I think ebay charity sellers get preferences - put umnderstand that could be a faff

Ukrainian dropping off points are quite hard to find! If you live in a smaller community and the local pub is doing something, then you get to hear about it, but in cities it can be difficult. I think the best places to investigate are local Polish clubs or Hindu temples. That’s what I have managed to locate in Sarf London.

Despite all the UK problems (very minor in comparison) Boris has now committed US (that's us, not the United States) to jump in and defend Finland and Sweden if ever they get threatened. So the UK will then become a prime target :(

Latest posts

Back