Molton Brown Bargains

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

No me either, as much I love MB, I actually prefer a hand foam rather than a hand wash.
I can highly recommend these if anyone is looking for a more purse friendly alternative...

Oh dear, oh dear …. I now have 4 of those in my basket! I was going to do an Amazon order today anyway so another few quid won’t harm!

I really fancy trying a foam now you’ve put the idea in my head. Any tips on fragrances welcome. And do the smells linger? Mind you, they’re cheap enough just to risk it.

Oh dear, oh dear …. I now have 4 of those in my basket! I was going to do an Amazon order today anyway so another few quid won’t harm!

I really fancy trying a foam now you’ve put the idea in my head. Any tips on fragrances welcome. And do the smells linger? Mind you, they’re cheap enough just to risk it.
It all started just before Christmas when I nipped into Aldi for a few bits and bobs and I spied some of their own brand hand foam in Gingerbread Latte fragrance. I only bought one bottle and loved it so I went back the next day and stocked up. Anyway, they don't seem to do a regular version that isn't a Christmassy smell so I took a chance on those ones. I won't lie, it was the bottles that attracted me first but I was pleasantly surprised. I've only used the Aloe Vera one so far (and that was only because it was a pound cheaper than the other fragrances 😂) but I'm on my third bottle now so I must like it. The smell doesn't really linger (not like MB anyway) but the others are probably a bit stronger if I had to guess.

Last edited:
It all started just before Christmas when I nipped into Aldi for a few bits and bobs and I spied some of their own brand hand foam in Gingerbread Latte fragrance. I only bought one bottle and loved it so I went back the next day and stocked up. Anyway, they don't seem to do a regular version that isn't a Christmassy smell so I took a chance on those ones. I won't lie, it was the bottles that attracted me first but I was pleasantly surprised. I've only used the Aloe Vera one so far (and that was only because it was a pound cheaper than the other fragrances 😂) but I'm one my third bottle now so I must like it. The smell doesn't really linger (not like MB anyway) but the others are probably a bit stronger if I had to guess.
Thanks for that. I must admit, I have gone for the cheapest of the options myself, although £3 is not bad either. I wonder why they vary? (It happens with all sorts of products on Amazon though, eg phone cases - same company and product but blue, say, is £2 dearer.)

I’ll let you know what I think of these. I’m quite excited. Shouldn’t really buy more, however cheap. I have just emptied the MB in the bathroom and as usual flinched when I went to choose the next one from the vast array of stock in the spare room! 😊

It all started just before Christmas when I nipped into Aldi for a few bits and bobs and I spied some of their own brand hand foam in Gingerbread Latte fragrance. I only bought one bottle and loved it so I went back the next day and stocked up. Anyway, they don't seem to do a regular version that isn't a Christmassy smell so I took a chance on those ones. I won't lie, it was the bottles that attracted me first but I was pleasantly surprised. I've only used the Aloe Vera one so far (and that was only because it was a pound cheaper than the other fragrances 😂) but I'm on my third bottle now so I must like it. The smell doesn't really linger (not like MB anyway) but the others are probably a bit stronger if I had to guess.
Aldi have just brought out some more of their MB type hand washes, and they are also antibacterial. I love the Coastal Cypress, and they also do Rhubarb and Rose and Mulberry. They are £1.10 I think and i love them… kind to hands too.

Aldi have just brought out some more of their MB type hand washes, and they are also antibacterial. I love the Coastal Cypress, and they also do Rhubarb and Rose and Mulberry. They are £1.10 I think and i love them… kind to hands too.
£1.10? I’m up for those!

I love that one too. I don’t have to love the hand wash and if I use a shower gel I’m really not that happy with I convert it to hand wash to finish it up. I want to try Flora Luminare as I did try it in the shop and it seemed rather nice. Lime and Patchouli is good for the kitchen and I never thought I would like it but changed my mind. The Mulberry one is nice too. So that’s me in then, 😂😂😂
Let’s face it, Mazza, it doesn’t take much to persuade you. Basically you see “Molton Brown“ and Evri are outside before you’ve had chance to put the kettle on.

Word of warning re the aldi dupes: They are heavy on fragrance & sls, & the rhubarb on e gave mr B contact dermatitis. I will add thet he adores rhubarb & was washing his hands LOADS at the time =- but this was before covid, so I imagine handwashes get more use now...If one were to do 'downstairs' with it. it would deffo be a canesten job. I didn't btw, obvs.

£1.10? I’m up for those!

Let’s face it, Mazza, it doesn’t take much to persuade you. Basically you see “Molton Brown“ and Evri are outside before you’ve had chance to put the kettle on.
£1.10? I’m up for those!

At £1.10 you can’t go wrong! I really like them so much so that I may have stockpiled a few….

Word of warning re the aldi dupes: They are heavy on fragrance & sls, & the rhubarb on e gave mr B contact dermatitis. I will add thet he adores rhubarb & was washing his hands LOADS at the time =- but this was before covid, so I imagine handwashes get more use now...If one were to do 'downstairs' with it. it would deffo be a canesten job. I didn't btw, obvs.
That’s interesting. I have a rhubarb bottle but it’s older style packaging….. I have to say thus is the first Aldi dupe I actually like, the skin care is not for me.

You can't best the Aldi ones AndiK. Ooh, not seen the Coastal one in our Aldi yet. I love the Rhubarb and Rose and have been known to top up my MY bottle with the Aldi one - and nobody knows the difference😂. The Pomegranate and Ginger is a good one too.

I was just going to add that if you buy a hand wash in a foamer bottle (and can get into it as some are sealed units) you can create your own Molton Brown foam with a surprising small measure of MB hand wash (or any other brand) topped up with water. The foam lasts a long time. I made a Hibiscrub foamer for each sink over lockdown and now I'm trying prettier hand washes.

Never ever heard of this I know you can buy foaming cleansers but not that you can make your own. The plus is your liquid soap lasts 3 times longer.

OR.....one could just use a BAR of soap. Andi is now blowing in & out of a paper bag.
She’s not alone! I wish this handwash set was on offer today. I’ve been up since 2.30 when my neighbour had a bad fall and was carted off to hospital, and after which I couldn’t get back to sleep. I need a treat!! And it’s a bit early for a drink, ☹️.

PS I’ve bought the neighbour a box of stuff for use in hospital. He’s getting a BAR of soap, 😂😂😂.

I definitely haven’t bought it, absolutely 100% not.

Okay, I have but in my defence I’m down to my last bottles of Eucalyptus & Templetree so I’d have had to restock shortly anyway.
And the Black Pepper hand wash can be gifted to someone as I’m just not a fan of it at all.

Last edited:
I definitely haven’t bought it, absolutely 100% not.

Okay, I have but in my defence I’m down to my last bottles of Eucalyptus & Templetree so I’d have to restock shortly anyway.
And the Black Pepper hand wash can be gifted to someone as I’m just not a fan of it.
I don’t like the Black Pepper either…
Sounds like a great opportunity to restock

Latest posts

Back