Gradual Tan products

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I’ve tried a few budget ranges from Boots but they all turn orange and also leave tide marks even though their instructions say they don’t.

Can anyone recommend one please, from QVC or elsewhere. For face and body. I’m very fair skinned so I need only a light shade. I know I need to exfoliate first and I’ve bought a mitt so I just need the product.

Thank you

I’ve tried a few budget ranges from Boots but they all turn orange and also leave tide marks even though their instructions say they don’t.

Can anyone recommend one please, from QVC or elsewhere. For face and body. I’m very fair skinned so I need only a light shade. I know I need to exfoliate first and I’ve bought a mitt so I just need the product.

Thank you
I've used the Dove one a few years ago and found it was good if I exfoliated and moisturised before using. It was a bit of a faff doing this but got a nice colour after a few applications. I used the lightest one to start off.

Yankee Bundles currently have the FFS Tanning Mousse on offer (either medium or dark) for £2.00 each which isn't too bad of a price considering it's £8.99 on Amazon.
I know my niece has used it before and I don't remember her complaining about it.

I've used the Dove one a few years ago and found it was good if I exfoliated and moisturised before using. It was a bit of a faff doing this but got a nice colour after a few applications. I used the lightest one to start off.
I would also recommend Dove. It gives you a delicate tan, not at all orange.

Tan Luxe is the only gradual tan which has really worked on me. I have bought quite a few different ones from Boots over the years. Most have no effect or only very slight, except for on my hands through application! I did once get an oil from Superdrug (St Moriz I believe) which worked quite well but cannot remember if that left marks on my hands and between my fingers. I once even bought a self tan remover (and that was hard to find) for cleaning my hands but with TL I find a quick splash of water afterwards is good enough.

The only one which worked for me was the Decleor one as it was very easy to use and you can get dressed almost immediately. I just used it after my shower and by the time I had my bits and bobs done I was ready to get dressed. I’m pretty useless at self tanning but this was great. Not sure if it is still available as I had no need to use it over the lockdowns .
I didn’t use it on my face as I have very sensitive skin so I don’t use anything in that area.

The only one which worked for me was the Decleor one as it was very easy to use and you can get dressed almost immediately. I just used it after my shower and by the time I had my bits and bobs done I was ready to get dressed. I’m pretty useless at self tanning but this was great. Not sure if it is still available as I had no need to use it over the lockdowns .
I didn’t use it on my face as I have very sensitive skin so I don’t use anything in that area.
I use the Decleor one on my face as I don’t put my face in the sun, always pleased with it. Fortunately I still have a bottle left, not double-checked manuf date yet as I’m going to use it anyway even if date passed.

Yes, agree, the Decleor golden glow or whatever it is. I use it on my face and everyone comments that I look well. It does make my legs go a wee bit yellow but that's because they are normally so white they're blue. Everything else makes my legs go bright orange or very orangey yellow.

CC

Any that I purchased (a couple from eBay) were in a large yellow pump bottle but looking now it appears to be quite small tubes - is it the same product?

Oh yes, that has reminded me… I use Tan Luxe after my shower and then after faffing around a bit it has sunk in. No stains except on white bra straps sometimes. I use very sparingly on my face but I don’t have sensitivity issues.

I have used the decleor one. On the face mixed it with moisturizing cream,very pleased.

I use the Decleor one on my face as I don’t put my face in the sun, always pleased with it. Fortunately I still have a bottle left, not double-checked manuf date yet as I’m going to use it anyway even if date passed.
I use it past the date👍

The Amanda Harrington face tan is great . You spray onto the brush then apply to your face where you want it and it comes out coloured immediately so there’s no scarey wait to see what develops .

There’s three shades so you can pick what colour you want to go

I really rate Tan Luxe, but I only use the drops on my face and it builds up really well. As for my body I go for a pasty look instead as can't be done with faffing.
That said when I did faff the Tan Luxe body drops did seem to work when mixed with my own body cream

The Amanda Harrington face tan is great . You spray onto the brush then apply to your face where you want it and it comes out coloured immediately so there’s no scarey wait to see what develops .

There’s three shades so you can pick what colour you want to go
Sounds interesting I’m going for a look. Could I ask if it’s very perfumed?

I only bother for holiday and then only for my legs and as I tend to have them covered as much as possible otherwise. If it’s just for a one of I just use a drop of Rimmell stuff in my body lotion on my legs, you can slap a bit more on or wash it off as needed.

Latest posts

Back