WynneStyle TSV 29/06/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I don’t think it’s in a sale if that’s what you meant by it not selling well.

Mind you, I’ve no idea what a lantern dress is anyway. Maybe it lights up when you walk (a bit like the static people used to get from bri-nylon. 😉)

They have had lantern dresses on for a while but they kind of balloon out at the hem. It would be far more interesting if they had lights on them 💡💡💡🔦🚦

Uncle Walter (or whatever that man's name was) always used to turn up at Christmas with a Bri Nylon shirt on (Billy Connolly sketch :LOL:) I'm not sure anyone actually knew who he was. It was just a man that used to come in and smile (hoddi ho, hoddi haw 🎶🎶🎶). He did tricks with coins and we children loved it. Mum just used to give him beer and assume he was one of Dad's rellies. Probably just a passing man lol.

CC

MarlaWynne Jersey Printed Lantern Dress
Item Number: 194050
QVC Price £87.00
Todays Special Value Price £54.96
P&P £4.95

The lovable lantern shape is fun and flattering for all body shapes, which is why we've already fallen for this sleeveless lantern dress from MarlaWynne. Smart, stylish and so easy to wear, you'll be looking for any excuse to get this dress out the wardrobe - especially when you see its gorgeous all-over print and feel its comfy jersey fabric too.

Ready for summer soirees - light and cool thanks to its sleeveless, jersey design, this dress is one you'll be happy to don all season long. From al fresco dinners to casual walks with friends, it can be adapted to suit any occasion with a pair of heels or flats. If there's a bit of a breeze in the air, all you have to do is pull on a bolero in a matching or contrasting colour to create a chic layered look.

Which to choose? We don’t envy you trying to decide between this beautiful range of colourful and arty prints. See if you can select a favourite from Black Palm Print, Faded Blue Palm Print, Pear/Blue Watercolour Print, Marigold Watercolour Print, Blue Brushstroke or Purple Brushstroke… or go for more than one!

• V-neckline
  • Sleeveless
  • 94% viscose, 6% elastane
  • Machine washable at 30C

Print options:

• Pear/Blue Watercolour Print
  • Faded Blue Palm Print
  • Black Palm Print
  • Marigold Watercolour Print
  • Blue Brushstroke
  • Purple Brushstroke

Garment measurements:

• Chest: XS: 83.8cm (33"), S: 88.9cm (35"), M: 94cm (37"), L: 100.3cm (39.5"), XL: 108cm (42.5"), 2XL: 116.8cm (46"), 3XL: 127cm (50")
  • Hip: XS: 116.8cm (46"), S: 121.9cm (48"), M: 127cm (50"), L: 133.4cm (52.5"), XL: 141cm (55.5"), 2XL: 77.5cm (30.5"), 3XL: 79.7cm (31.4")
  • Length: XS: 100.7cm (39.6"), S: 101.1cm (39.8"), M: 101.6cm (40"), L: 102.1cm (40.2"), XL: 102.7cm (40.4"), 2XL: 104.1cm (41"), 3XL: 105.7cm (41.6")

All measurements are approximate

This dress is really quite short and I'm not sure how many QVC shoppers want to show off their knees, especially without tights in summer. And with all the lovely dresses around these days I'm not sure what the big attraction is with this splodgy look for the price. But no doubt I'm missing the point and it's flying out the door.

Has the balloon dress morphed in to a lantern dress or is there a difference?

Just had a look at the pictures - why are the models holding the hems with crossed legs looking as if they have peed their pants.

I assume when moving pictures are available this will not be the case.

It's a much shorter length. Even on Jill who is 5'4 or less it's above the knee in the centre.
Jill has asked some really good questions, imo. Why Wynne so pricey. What is the difference between the lantern dress and the balloon dress. Just 2 examples that caught my attention.

This dress is really quite short and I'm not sure how many QVC shoppers want to show off their knees, especially without tights in summer. And with all the lovely dresses around these days I'm not sure what the big attraction is with this splodgy look for the price. But no doubt I'm missing the point and it's flying out the door.

I agree. Its probably perfect for shorter ladies, but at 5'7 I steer clear of 'normal' length dresses, and much prefer midi/calf /maxi dresses.

Marla Wynne has 'form' in her knee length frocks. I did like her splodgy print sleeveless dress with pockets but won't entertain it as its too short.

I find that short (er) dresses seem to be a favourite of American designers, so perhaps they cater more for the shorter lady. Ronni Nicole was also guilty of this.

Just finished watching Wimbledon and flicked on to QVC. I presume that the monstrosity JF is wearing is the "Marla" tsv! Jeez, that's one ugly item of clothing! It does nothing for Jill at all. It's just plain weird in my humble opinion. How on earth is the brand ambassador (forgotten her name) going to flog this tomorrow? £60?? No thanks. Marks and Spencer have currently got lots of dresses in their sale starting around £27.

😲 😲 😲 😲 The price of those shorts is beyond staggering ! QVC seem to be promoting Marla Wynne as though she is the Stella McCartney or Alexandra McQueen of the channel !

Before Helene Berman came to QVC I had a beautiful tailored coat and jacket outfit from her and was well worth the £195 I paid for it - special occasion. She still produces great clothes, BUT even her quality has slipped as she has to mass produce for thousands for QVC rather than hundreds that she did before (or still does).

The media has promoted The Cost of Living before we even realised it, which has exacerbated the problem, so I believe that companies have jumped on the bandwagon and shoved their prices up before they themselves have had to bear the brunt of raw fabric price increases.

The sizing on this is odd compared with the usual MW sizing. I would be an XS in everything yet on this dress I'd need a large (according to bust measurements). I wouldn't buy a large as I'm quite petite but not flat chested and I'm sure it would be too big everywhere but the chest. I see a few have sold though. I quite like the prints but it could have been a much better designed dress.

CC

Latest posts

Back