Julia Roberts

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The TV is very deceptive everybody looks twice as big on telly as they are in real life. The issue is its the face or the bum....having a great figure can mean your face is old and jowelly
When you lose the fat on your face, your skin can sag. Ali Young has not lost the fat on her face, so her face is very smooth. (Her face may be swollen from meds, though.) I never thought I'd say this, but I admire Julia in her quest to slim down. She has succeeded, but will it last? I hope so. She is a determined woman. She does keep on about it, however, and it gets a lot of backs up.

She reminds me of an ageing Country & Western singer. She only needs the fringed jacket with rhinestones and she's almost there !
It's the **** kicker boots that give the hill billy impression.

It's the voices of the presenters that convince me to either watch or not to watch for a whole hour. I was interested in the recent Helene Berman presentation, but I had to click off because of Ophelia's dreadful voice. I think she means well, but her diction is abysmal. Jilly's voice is very nasal imo. The best voices to listen to are Chunts, Eidie, the Scot, Julia and Jill. They do not squark or scream. Their pace is measured. All the others need voice training imo. Biggest offenders: Alison Young and Ophelia.
Oh yes, Alison Young & Ophelia have the worst voices. I like listening to Chunts too, she has a very soothing voice.

Jilly and I have something in common. We are amongst the discriminated few. We don't have pierced ears - so jewellers are missing a big trick in not catering for us too.

I don't know the reason for Jilly's reluctance, but since the 60's there has been a huge shift towards piercings. Back in those days the fashion was huge earrings with lots of floral ones and generally were all clip-on or screws. It was almost always old ladies with saggy ear lobes that wore pierced earrings, and I hated it. Then some girls would turn up at school with scabby ears wearing sleepers while they waited for their ears to heal up. Yuk ! I had shoulder length hair and the though of catching a 'sleeper' when brushing my hair really put me off.

I still have clip ons /screw fittings earrings from decades ago, I have bought them from antique fairs, I have bought from Butler & Wilson when they did some fabulous clip on chandeliers, and department stores generally have a few button styles, and also when I have travelled abroad. Countries other than the UK are more geared up to variety, especially Spain and Italy where the selection is amazing. When I visited Japan there was an abundance of choice in the shops - so I was in heaven ! Sadly jewellers have no desire to produce anything other than for pierced ears. I once was given a fabulous pair of 9ct gold chain drop with amethyst, pearl and diamond but I couldn't wear them, so I took them to a local jewellery and he charged me £99 to replace the butterfly fitting to a screw, so now I can wear them.
I used to make lots of jewellery before I got too ill, and it’s really not hard and is good fun.

You could easily learn online how to turn a loop or fix jump rings to earrings, so then quickly convert pierced earrings to your own un-pierced ones - or make your own to suit from scratch!

I used to wear lots of clip on and screw on dangly earrings when I was about 9-13yo and as you say there were lots around.

Then my mum finally relented and allowed me to get my ears pierced!

(She was (is) a nurse for a long time an ICU sister yet squeamish about ear piercings etc!!

The funny thing is, soon afterwards my beloved grannie (mum’s mum), finally got up the courage to get her own ears done - at the age of about 60 years old!
It’s never too late!
And it’s less painful than those screws...

To this day I hate to see young children with pierced ears but by about 13-14 I don’t mind!

I used to make lots of jewellery before I got too ill, and it’s really not hard and is good fun.

You could easily learn online how to turn a loop or fix jump rings to earrings, so then quickly convert pierced earrings to your own un-pierced ones - or make your own to suit from scratch!

I used to wear lots of clip on and screw on dangly earrings when I was about 9-13yo and as you say there were lots around.

(She was (is) a nurse for a long time an ICU sister yet squeamish about ear piercings etc!!

The funny thing is, soon afterwards my beloved grannie (mum’s mum), finally got up the courage to get her own ears done - at the age of about 60 years old!
It’s never too late!

To this day I hate to see young children with pierced ears but by about 13-14 I don’t mind!
The trouble I had with clip-on earrings is that if they're too tight your ear lobes start talking to you and losing one earring if you remove it to talk on the phone. And to your other point, I've seen really young children, babies almost, with pierced ears and hair braids. The child doesn't want these things. It's purely to satisfy the adults in their life.

Obviously very fond of his Mother.
The Tweaked by Nature man used to mention his "mom" all the time. He seemed to be using her hair problems due to cancer to promote his product. Bad taste, imo. It's nice to hear people speak affectionately about their mothers, but not as much as Patrick does. Another presenter who mentions her mother is Ophelia, saying: my mother can wear this, my grandmother can wear this, my neice can wear this. I wish she'd stop this litany. It doesn't help anyone.

The trouble I had with clip-on earrings is that if they're too tight your ear lobes start talking to you and losing one earring if you remove it to talk on the phone. And to your other point, I've seen really young children, babies almost, with pierced ears and hair braids. The child doesn't want these things. It's purely to satisfy the adults in their life.
I remember watching Dynasty and Dallas in the 80s and the women all used to remove an earring to answer the phone.

It’s never too late!

Yes Loops, I have done this over the years. Seen earrings with shepherds hooks and converted them to a screw fittings. Like I said, on my trip to Japan there was an area in Tokyo that was an Aladdins cave for jewellery makers and crafters. 3 storey shops with every jewellery making 'findings' imaginable, so I came home well stocked !

The Tweaked by Nature man used to mention his "mom" all the time. He seemed to be using her hair problems due to cancer to promote his product. Bad taste, imo. It's nice to hear people speak affectionately about their mothers, but not as much as Patrick does. Another presenter who mentions her mother is Ophelia, saying: my mother can wear this, my grandmother can wear this, my neice can wear this. I wish she'd stop this litany. It doesn't help anyone.
I wish she would go!

They don’t mean it, it’s a selling ploy 🙄

It doesn't fool anyone. Look at the number of times that slebs say "oh I was stopped in the street and asked.......", or "I've had a lot of emails about this................" oh, sod off, ...... I don't meet any slebs where I live, and no-one I know has any idea how to get in touch with them by email !!!! Liars the lot of them.

Hopefully she'll be kidnapped in Chiswick 🤣🤣🤣
I know you're joking, but I worry about women walking home at night after a late shift at work. Is Chiswick a rough area? I'm out of touch with London now. Simply walking from car to house can be dangerous. A lot of loonies stalking the streets. If I were Ophelia's mother, I'd be worried, but you can't wrap your children in cottonwool.

I would say if they don’t use a car a taxi would be provided if the shift finished in a particular time frame. Of course it doesn’t take it to be late or even night for terrible things to happen.
They don't all live locally. Some live miles away.

I know you're joking, but I worry about women walking home at night after a late shift at work. Is Chiswick a rough area? I'm out of touch with London now. Simply walking from car to house can be dangerous. A lot of loonies stalking the streets. If I were Ophelia's mother, I'd be worried, but you can't wrap your children in cottonwool.
I wasn't...there's no way anyone would because she'd never shut up!

I could be wrong, but doesn't Jill, sometimes, has to have the bulldog clip to hold the mic pack on her clothing at the back? There have been other presenters with the bulldog clip doing the same thing. When Jill is on with Anoushka ( Kelly this, Kelly that, Amanda this, Amanda that) she looks slightly bigger than A and a whole lot frumpier.

I could be wrong, but doesn't Jill, sometimes, has to have the bulldog clip to hold the mic pack on her clothing at the back? There have been other presenters with the bulldog clip doing the same thing. When Jill is on with Anoushka ( Kelly this, Kelly that, Amanda this, Amanda that) she looks slightly bigger than A and a whole lot frumpier.
She had the bulldog clip to cinch in her tops because they were too big. Annouska is slightly bigger,still slim though. Jill put a little weight on but is looking thin again.

Latest posts

Back