ShaniešŸ‘°

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

missbabs

Registered Shopper
Just watching the morning repeat with Jill 'you know what I'm like' Franks and Shanie BA Nails inc, she didn't mention her upcoming nuptials. Sorry...not sorry I just don't like her. Caught her Instagram page the other day,common doesn't cover it!

Just watching the morning repeat with Jill 'you know what I'm like' Franks and Shanie BA Nails inc, she didn't mention her upcoming nuptials. Sorry...not sorry I just don't like her. Caught her Instagram page the other day,common doesn't cover it!
I can't stand how how she pronounces 'nails' as 'niles.' And, she says it a lot!

Essex side of East London ? I have friends from the Walthamstow area, and they say Wales / whales as 'wyles'.

Those in N.I on here can confirm that the N.Irish accent also pronounce 'now' as 'ny'.
I would say so. Iā€™ve lived in and around that area all my life and itā€™s commonplace to replace a final ā€˜Lā€™ with a ā€˜Wā€™. A former boyfriend used to tease me for saying wooL instead of wooW.

Essex side of East London ? I have friends from the Walthamstow area, and they say Wales / whales as 'wyles'.

Those in N.I on here can confirm that the N.Irish accent also pronounce 'now' as 'ny'.
I would say so. Iā€™ve lived in and around that area all my life and itā€™s commonplace to replace a final ā€˜Lā€™ with a ā€˜Wā€™. A former boyfriend used to tease me for saying wooL instead of wooW.
Funny you say that as someone I know from NE London was telling me about some rare vinyl records they had bought a few years ago from Wows. I thought it must be the name of a vintage record shop in Soho or something. I said, ā€œWhereā€™s that?ā€ and he repeated ā€œWowsā€ so I had to ask, ā€œBut where is Wows?ā€ and with more than a little sarcasm in his voice, he said, ā€a little country west of Englandā€ like I was thick.

So actually I heard a combination of both of the things you describe. Similarly, I hear ā€œnowsā€œ when the Nails Inc rep says ā€œnailsā€.

You would think someone in the beauty business would correct that shiny forehead toošŸ¤¦ā€ā™€ļø

Latest posts

Back