Kuhn Rikon TSV 15/08/22

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The title of this thread always feels me with dread :eek:

QVC Christmas 'ideas' for gifts are light years away from what I actually buy for the couple of mates and restricted members of family who are lucky to get anything from me. If someone bought me a Kuhn Rikon of any description I would be mortified (and I don't care how it was wrapped up !)

We have stopped buying Christmas presents in our family. Everyone seems to have enough stuff these days, so you end up buying just for the sake of it, and just swapping similar gifts with each other! It too expensive. We just do present buying for birthdays now, and I think it’s much nicer to spoil someone on their birthday, and make it a bit of a ‘thing’, rather than having a buying fest at Christmas.

I do still get presents for the family at Christmas but I never spend as much as I used to as I agree everyone has everything so what do you buy? Only vouchers or things that will be used - alcohol, chocolates, specific requested items. Once the nephews have their own children then the kids get the gifts, not them. They all earn way more than me anyway and probably wouldn't even notice if I didn't give gifts.

I've decided I want a beehive thingy for Christmas (not honeybee hive, just nesting bees). It's a bee nesting box on the bottom and a planter on the top that you put bee friendly flowers in like lavender. If Q did that as a TSV I bet it would sell out.

CC

I simply can`t be doing with all the run up to Christmas hype and the way shops, TV ads and websites try to get everybody into panic mode because there`s only X shopping days left until Christmas day. In fact from Christmas day to the next Christmas day there`s 364 shopping days and I prefer to look at it that way.
I shop throughout the year, use discount codes, sales and special offers to buy an item here or there. I don`t specifically hunt for things but if I spot something in a shop or online and I know someone in my family would like it, then I buy it.
When everybody else is panicking or rushing around in the few weeks or days before Christmas, I can sit back because I`m usually already done and dusted. I also don`t end up spending large sums of money in one go or big credit card bills or dreading my bank statement arriving.
I only buy for my sons, their partners, my 2 grandkids, MR V`s son and his 2 kids and a couple of very close friends. No large amounts on any of them, the grandkids get the most spent on them but I do always ask my DIL what to get for my grandkids because as teenage girls they have phases of being into this or that and it changes regularly. Everybody else gets what I buy them, like it or lump it.
I do the same with food, buy and freeze or buy and store bit by bit and come the few days before Christmas I only need to shop for fresh stuff.
I never entertain QVC for Christmas stuff because most of their stuff is expensive tat.

I agree. Mentally I'm 20 years younger than I am, BUT my income belies that little fantasy !!! and though I too buy bits through the year, I'm not going overboard anymore. My 2 brothers get good pressies from me, but their kids now have their own children and its starts to get stupid - particularly as I don't get acknowledged by most of them throughout the year.

As my Mum would say "bugger'em ! ! so this year I have the "Cost of Living" excuse, and as a pensioner on my own I'm giving myself a good table feast on Christmas Day.

I know a few people on here sell on Etsy so could they let me know if buying an Etsy voucher is a good idea or not. Thanks
As Martin Lewis keeps saying, NEVER buy any sort of gift vouchers. I've certainly learnt my lesson, at least 2 I had became worthless, yet they had been paid for with good money.

Attachments

• Kuhn RIkon TSV 1.jpg
    Kuhn RIkon TSV 1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 49
  • Kuhn RIkon TSV 2.jpg
    Kuhn RIkon TSV 2.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 56
  • Kuhn RIkon TSV 3.jpg
    Kuhn RIkon TSV 3.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 48
  • Kuhn RIkon TSV 4.jpg
    Kuhn RIkon TSV 4.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Kuhn RIkon TSV 5.jpg
    Kuhn RIkon TSV 5.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 52
Kuhn Rikon Set of 2 Pull Chops with Locking Lid with Gift Box
Item Number: 817884
QVC Price £50.00
Todays Special Value Price £31.98
P&P £4.95

Put away the knife and give your chopping board the night off courtesy of this fantastic pair of Pull Chop food choppers from Kuhn Rikon. Each of the Pull Chop devices features a 470ml bowl and a lid with a pull cord that will power chopping blades within the bowl to make short work of your veggies, herbs, fruits and more. This set of two Pull Chop systems comes complete with two gift boxes making them ideal for giving as presents.

Manual chopping done right - load your bowl, pop the top on and pull the cord - it's just that easy to chop your fruits, veggies and more with this handy food chopper. You don't need to plug it in either so you can get chopping wherever you want.

Ready to give - this pair of Pull Chop food choppers comes complete with a pair of gift boxes that you can use to gift the devices to the budding chefs in your life. Whether you keep one and give one away or make presents of both devices, these food choppers are sure to become a welcome addition to yours or your loved ones' kitchens.

Safe and easy to care for - the Pull Chop chopping blades come complete with safety covers and the base of the device boasts a non-slip grip to help prevent any accidents while you work. The food choppers are easy to care for as well with dishwasher-safe blades and containers so you only need to hand-wash the top.

• Double-sharpened blades
  • Non-slip base
  • Pull Chop units measure: 13cm x 13.5cm x 11cm (5.1" x 5.3" x 4.3")
  • Blade and container are dishwasher-safe
  • Hand wash top

Colour options:

• Aqua - aqua with lime
  • Black - black with white
  • Brick Red - brick red with sand
  • Red - red with blue
  • White - white with grey

Contains:

• 2 x 470ml bowls
  • 2 x chopping blades with safety covers
  • 2 x lids