Julia and Melissa

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Brissles

Registered Shopper
on Seasalt hour. Both trying to outdo one another in who can rapturise the most about the garment they both want to buy - but oh dear "I wish I'd put my order in before we came on air, and now its sold out".

I never "get" the ridiculous suggestion by Julia, of putting a roll neck jumper under a dress ! surely the bulk makes it uncomfortable to wear. Then Melissa went one further and picked up a mustard (baby poo colour) long sleeved jumper and suggested wearing it OVER a long sleeved dress ! A cardi, yes, but a jumper ? and Melissa was trying her hardest to look 'cool' in denim jacket, frock and biker boots. Oh dear.

Julia has just mentioned a 'snowman' - some sort of ornament, that her husband Chris fell in love with............. when she took it home ! Ordered, paid for and delivered to the studio was it ??

I've noticed whenever she's on now, the number of times she says "I have this one at home" - er, the naive me would say that she remembered to order before going on air, but the cynic side would say was there anything in her home that she actually paid for ?

I was struck by how drawn she looked, not helped by the long dark hair and all her girly mannerisms. I think we’re the same age but I don’t simper. I know it must be hard to change after years and years of doing the same old thing but she should take a hard look and try a new approach.

She won’t get the better of Melissa, nor of Jenny Blackhurst, nor Carla Laszlo. All are good in their own ways AND are 20+ years younger than she. Her behaviour shows her up as an ageing woman who is starting to resent the people who will continue to do ‘her’ job after she retires.

It happens to many of us. Best to act graciously, let it be known in a subtle way that the younger “staff” are doing well because You trained them.

She won’t get the better of Melissa, nor of Jenny Blackhurst, nor Carla Laszlo. All are good in their own ways AND are 20+ years younger than she. Her behaviour shows her up as an ageing woman who is starting to resent the people who will continue to do ‘her’ job after she retires.

It happens to many of us. Best to act graciously, let it be known in a subtle way that the younger “staff” are doing well because You trained them.
If only she would take your excellent advice EM. Sadly, vanity and ego will prevent that.
It's a shame, given how excellent she once was, to see how many bad traits go on display now. It's a disservice to her previous reputation, imo.

on Seasalt hour. Both trying to outdo one another in who can rapturise the most about the garment they both want to buy - but oh dear "I wish I'd put my order in before we came on air, and now its sold out".

I never "get" the ridiculous suggestion by Julia, of putting a roll neck jumper under a dress ! surely the bulk makes it uncomfortable to wear. Then Melissa went one further and picked up a mustard (baby poo colour) long sleeved jumper and suggested wearing it OVER a long sleeved dress ! A cardi, yes, but a jumper ? and Melissa was trying her hardest to look 'cool' in denim jacket, frock and biker boots. Oh dear.
They're trying to convince us that we can get more wear out of our clothes by matching up separates. A summer dress with either a jumper under or over it doesn't cut the mustard. Maybe above the waist you'd be warm but your legs would freeze. A summer dress over trousers doesn't look right and they suggest leaving the dress undone so it looks like a coat. It doesn't. It looks silly. As for Melissa (some presenters tried calling her 'Mel' but it didn't catch on) never looks 'cool'. Her matronly body shape doesn't allow it in spite of biker boots.

I have lost count of the number of times she has said “just saying” this hour.
Like many of us I have been with QVC from the beginning. I used to like Julia, okay a bit up herself but I liked her. Recently she has become annoying - she’s got everything(I have the same opinion as Brissels),being nasty to models and brand ambassadors(jealousy?) and harping on about her size 10/12 figure 🤔 and don’t forget she was one of the two presenters when qvc launched in the uk 😉. In the words of the great lady(so she thinks) - just saying 😉😂

Just caught 10minutes of her with Keeley from Elemis Island in the Med, and I don't know what's got into the woman ! like yesterday when she was on the Chocolat show, she has suddenly started with all this 'drama' in her face. Tasting chocolates yesterday it was rolling eyes, scrunching mouth, waving hands because she couldn't speak it was so delicious, then today it was more amdrams when sniffing Elemis products - and not forgetting the perpetual arm and hand waving with every sentence ! all while interrupting the BA trying to do her job.

Yes years ago I was a big JR fan, she was professional amongst other professionals like Debbie Greenwood, so I can only imagine there are new 'powers at play' at qvc HQ who want their much younger presenters to be bouncy, vibrant and thoroughly annoying, so the older ones may have to play ball or go.

Julia has just mentioned a 'snowman' - some sort of ornament, that her husband Chris fell in love with............. when she took it home ! Ordered, paid for and delivered to the studio was it ??

I've noticed whenever she's on now, the number of times she says "I have this one at home" - er, the naive me would say that she remembered to order before going on air, but the cynic side would say was there anything in her home that she actually paid for ?

Just caught 10minutes of her with Keeley from Elemis Island in the Med, and I don't know what's got into the woman ! like yesterday when she was on the Chocolat show, she has suddenly started with all this 'drama' in her face. Tasting chocolates yesterday it was rolling eyes, scrunching mouth, waving hands because she couldn't speak it was so delicious, then today it was more amdrams when sniffing Elemis products - and not forgetting the perpetual arm and hand waving with every sentence ! all while interrupting the BA trying to do her job.

Yes years ago I was a big JR fan, she was professional amongst other professionals like Debbie Greenwood, so I can only imagine there are new 'powers at play' at qvc HQ who want their much younger presenters to be bouncy, vibrant and thoroughly annoying, so the older ones may have to play ball or go.
Sometimes she makes a giant "O" of her mouth signifying fake shock or surprise. If the camera was not directly on her when she did it, she'll do it again to make sure we registered it. She should play her "experienced, seasoned presenter" card rather than trying to keep up with the younguns. We'd all appreciate, I think.

Talking of young-uns, I think Ophelia has turned a corner. She is still loving it too often, but I've enjoyed her presenting in the last 2 shows I watched this weekend. Most recently the Elemis show.
While Julia is deteriorating as a presenter I'm pleased if the newbies all keep improving.

Latest posts

Back